PDA

View Full Version : So we went to IMI on Sunday...

irdave
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 08:32 PM
And Scott's first day on a SuperMoto was, ahhhh, a little interesting. He started out on Benny's 250F, then rode my 530... Personally, I think he must have been giving off the fear scent so it attacked!! Oh, and kudos to Katie, Benny's girlfriend, for the sweet shutter timing- with Scott's own camera no less!

Full size:http://homepage.mac.com/scott.rybarik/.Pictures/IMGP3615.JPG

jplracing
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
:sniper:You know maybe scott's problem isn't the r6...maybe just maybe

Aracheon
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Oh shit.

Matrix
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Looks like she got somebody in the back ground catching some air also. Nice Pic!:rock:

mtnairlover
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Oh snap! Hey Scott, I'm getting this sort of love/hate vibe with you and pavement.

Repsol a095
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Was Scott chasing the Bostrom Bros again???

irdave
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I suppose the real question should be,"Why doesn't the suspension guy's bike handle very well?"

So Scott says to me,"The front tucked without any warning, just bam!"

I said,"Guess we should fix that, huh?"

As a side note, the only part of his helmet that touched down was the tear-off button. Really.

Aracheon
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I suppose the real question should be,"Why doesn't the suspension guy's bike handle very well?

:lol:

And the suspension guy rebuilt my front forks. I'm doomed. :D

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Another reminder to myself:

"Never ever let Scott borrow your bike" Well, unless you're just having trouble selling it and want the ins money. :D

J/K Glad all is well.

pilot
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Dave,

There has been some talk that the design of the front end on the supermotos causes them to push out, under steer. You're studying engineering I believe. Have you heard of this push issue and any thoughts?

Scott,

I'm available for private lessons--I could use the cash, LOL (and I know how it feels to eat earth, ha).

Great timing on that picture. That's a keeper!

tarded400
Mon Mar 10th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Ouch. I hate that corner. You can go into it way too hot to avoid the dirt in the following, tighter, corner

Fly boy
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Is scott OK? He's wearing gear, but it looks like that helmet took a beating.

daemon
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 05:44 AM
nice pic dave!!!
it looks like those "your doing it wrong" motivationals.

heres to hoping i don't do that when i go out there

mayhem
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
hope scott is ok.......but thats what happens when you put a DIRTBIKE where it doesn't belong, like on asphalt...................

tarded400
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Looks like he got a nice facial.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/redhotz28/asphalt.jpg

rybo
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM
First of all let me say I'm fine. It was a super easy crash and I got up and rode some more that day. The bike was essentially undamaged and the same is true of me. The picture really is at the PERFECT moment. The camera takes about 4 pictures a second and the one before this shot is perfect supermoto composure. More on this later.

And Scott's first day on a SuperMoto was, ahhhh, a little interesting. He started out on Benny's 250F, then rode my 530... Personally, I think he must have been giving off the fear scent so it attacked!! Oh, and kudos to Katie, Benny's girlfriend, for the sweet shutter timing- with Scott's own camera no less!

Full size:http://homepage.mac.com/scott.rybarik/.Pictures/IMGP3615.JPG

Yeah, the difference between the 250 and the 530 is amazing. The right grip on the 530 is a fast forward button to the next corner. I could flog the snot out of the 250 and it gave me no trouble. Thanks to Benny and Dave for letting me give this a try.

:sniper:You know maybe scott's problem isn't the r6...maybe just maybe

We really don't want to start a list of my problems. Servers would crash, T1 lines would go down with the overload of information.

Oh snap! Hey Scott, I'm getting this sort of love/hate vibe with you and pavement.

I'm the official gravity tester for the CSC, Cathy. I'm happy to report that it still works.

Was Scott chasing the Bostrom Bros again???

Yes, the ghost of Ben past. See note on list of problems above.

I suppose the real question should be,"Why doesn't the suspension guy's bike handle very well?"

So Scott says to me,"The front tucked without any warning, just bam!"

I said,"Guess we should fix that, huh?"

As a side note, the only part of his helmet that touched down was the tear-off button. Really.

No joke, the only part of the helmet that's at all damaged is the little plastic button that holds the tear off's on. A few more scuffs on the leathers, but other than that, no real damage. We rode the bike some more that day without issue.

Now on to the notion that traction can evaporate...it was really remarkable how quickly the front end tucked. 1/2 a second before this shot there was seemingly plenty of traction, so slipping, sliding or otherwise bad behavior at all. Then all the sudden it was gone. I think part of the issue may have been the tires, which were'nt heating up at all and were take off's from last season that sat outside most of the winter, but I could be wrong...

Another reminder to myself:

"Never ever let Scott borrow your bike" Well, unless you're just having trouble selling it and want the ins money. :D

J/K Glad all is well.

Probably a wise mantra...

Dave,

There has been some talk that the design of the front end on the supermotos causes them to push out, under steer. You're studying engineering I believe. Have you heard of this push issue and any thoughts?

From my experience (which admittedly is limited) they are compensating for this somewhat by adjusting the geometry of the bike. Both of these bikes were lowered in the front end, reducing trail. They really handled pretty well. The 250 slid around a bit but offered lots of warning and recovery time. The 530 was stable up to the limit and then went away in a heartbeat, so I think there is some set-up work left to do there.

Is scott OK? He's wearing gear, but it looks like that helmet took a beating.

All is well Ben, thanks. Just so you know most of the guys at the track asked Katie if she got the picture before they asked if I was OK. Nothing like having a strong fan base! See above for the summary of damages.

hope scott is ok.......but thats what happens when you put a DIRTBIKE where it doesn't belong, like on asphalt...................

Maybe so, but if you've never tried this it's a ton of fun...(searches pocket for enough lose change to purchase a lottery ticket in hopes of having one in the garage sometime soon)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Doh! Man, glad you're ok Scott.

konichd
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Scott crashes more than Shortcake!

Now where is that picture...........

pauliep
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear your ok. I'm still iching to get a super motard together myself.

Bueller
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Polly want a cracker?

motobum
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 11:34 PM
just so everyone knows this is what its suppose to look like when you go through that corner...:)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/btozzi/supermotoooo.jpg

oh and not only did scott crash, but he was totally rude by continuely running faster lap times on my own bike.. i rode my ass of to beat him by a 10th. lol :turtle:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM
just so everyone knows this is what its suppose to look like when you go through that corner...:)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/btozzi/supermotoooo.jpg

oh and not only did scott crash, but he was totally rude by continuely running faster lap times on my own bike.. i rode my ass of to beat him by a 10th. lol :turtle:
Yeah, but Scott's corner exit is WAY more stylish! I'd give him a 9.5!:)

pauliep
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Is that why they put those metal plates on the shoulders now? So you can drag them like Scott and see sparks ?

Pharmgirl
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Scott, this is why you will remain a "satellite" team member. We cannot afford to fix someone else's bike everytime that you go to the track.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Is that why they put those metal plates on the shoulders now? So you can drag them like Scott and see sparks ?
I think we all need to pitch in and buy Scott a new helmet......with Titatium HELMET sliders!:)

daemon
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
why do these pics look so similar??
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/967/imgp3615sb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4633/rebah08mw8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM
why do these pics look so similar??

Narcolepsy? http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

Aracheon
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Narcolepsy? http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

Ahahahahahaha! :lol: :lol:

irdave
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah. Honestly, Scott was hauling the mail that day for his first time out riding a motard. I think he turned a 1.05 on a borrowed bike. The first time Aaron rode a motard, it was mine, and I think he turned a 1.03 something. So, let's see. Compared to the fastest guy in the states of Colorado and Utah on a road race bike, Scott wasn't doing too bad.

(Oh, and when Aaron rode my bike, the engine let go... I had to tear it all the way down to the crank bearings. I would WAY sooner let Scott ride my bike!)

Another thing. Those tires were fried. Literally, they sat outside all winter.

Most likely lastly. I spend all my time doing other crap- the last thing I do is work on my own stuff. So rest assured, all your guys' crap comes first. :)

irdave
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Same corner, different direction, sticky tires.

Although a day or two later, in this same corner, I had the front end push for about 30 yards before it finally tucked... No sweet pictures of that, though.

dragos13
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah. Honestly, Scott was hauling the mail that day for his first time out riding a motard. I think he turned a 1.05 on a borrowed bike. The first time Aaron rode a motard, it was mine, and I think he turned a 1.03 something. So, let's see. Compared to the fastest guy in the states of Colorado and Utah on a road race bike, Scott wasn't doing too bad.

(Oh, and when Aaron rode my bike, the engine let go... I had to tear it all the way down to the crank bearings. I would WAY sooner let Scott ride my bike!)

Another thing. Those tires were fried. Literally, they sat outside all winter.

Most likely lastly. I spend all my time doing other crap- the last thing I do is work on my own stuff. So rest assured, all your guys' crap comes first. :)

just curious dave, what are some of the fastest times you guys turn out there? what do you think a 600cc could do in comparison?

irdave
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Aaron is running a 57 or 58 on his 450 SM machine. I think Scott said he turned a minute flat... So pretty close, actually.

Let me correct that... Apparently I'm supposed to say,"Aaron has run several 57's on his 450 SM machine." so that Aaron can quote me down below. :)

dragos13
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Aaron is running a 57 or 58 on his 450 SM machine. I think Scott said he turned a minute flat... So pretty close, actually.

Thats pretty quick, thanks Dave!

eklew
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Good form Dave!!!!!

rybo
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I've managed a minute flat on the 748 out there...the really fast supermoto guys were faster than me for sure.

FZRguy
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Looks like she got somebody in the back ground catching some air also. Nice Pic!:rock:

That's the MX track in the background. Hopefully, I can acquire some wheels and join the fun.

Clarkie
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Aaron has run several 57's on his 450 SM machine.
:alien: