PDA

View Full Version : Good advanced riding course?

RyNo24
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I have been riding for about 2 years now, but I know there is A LOT I can still learn about proper riding and cornering. What is a good course for leaning to lean and corner better? I am getting more and more leaned over, but I have a feeling I am doing it wrong. A class would probably be the best thing to do.

Devaclis
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
MSF Advanced rider course

Ricky
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
www.t3rg.com

RyNo24
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
www.t3rg.com (http://www.t3rg.com)
I have heard a lot of good things about t3rg, I will probably use them. Which is better the Experienced rider course or Total Control?

McVaaahhh
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 03:10 PM
waiting for pilot to chime in on this one. :D

Devaclis
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Total Control Advanced Riders Course.

TopTier
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
can't go wrong with ABATE either

Jmetz
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I offer an advanced rider course. Meet me at the mouth of any canyon and I'll be happy to "school" you!

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

dragos13
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Take a 1-on-1 with Mark from Vanmar Racing. Best way to learn the correct way around corners. --3 944 0334

RyNo24
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I offer an advanced rider course. Meet me at the mouth of any canyon and I'll be happy to "school" you!

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

Lol,I do not think I need to be "schooled" rather "taught" lmao

Dragos, I may check that guy out. I am mostly looking for proper cornering and leaning technique

Kristian
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Or check out Pueblo on March 23.
PMP BIKE CLASS
They'll get you going in the right direction.

pilot
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 04:45 PM
waiting for pilot to chime in on this one. Thanks for the "bump", Brian. I just flew back in from teaching Total Creole, er Control, in San Antonio at Lackland Air Force Base. Man, the local food was good down their. We at this dive Mexican joint off of Trinity and Guadalupe. I asked the waitress for a Corona and she replied, "Oh, Senior, we can no serve beer." Then she took my order for a Coke, turned around, bent over to pick up something from the table next to us and I'll be damned! Skirt slid half way up her backside and she wasn't wearing under wear :shocked:.

Man, I like traveling around and teaching the Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic. I'll be back on a plane tomorrow night to head to Dallas for a little time at Texas Motor Speedway.

I do believe that T3RG has a TC class scheduled soon. Check the above link.

Also, T3RG is looking at starting to teach private lessons in Colorado for those who can't make it to a specific training date or prefer to have more individualized training in T3RG's Total Control race-based technology for the street. Please contact Colleen at T3RG for further details. See links below.

Here is an article taken from Sportbike.com

http://www.sportbikes.com/articles.aspx?id=27258

Regards,

Pilot

98rc46
Thu Mar 20th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Total Control then a track class (the techniques learned in the TCARC class will make the track class alot more fun).

Sean
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
my .02
I took the total control class with T3RG last year and thought it was great. I'm a newer rider and I think it really bumped up my ability to where I have a lot more confidence in the corners. Great instructors and great concepts. I've never taken the other ones, but I would recommend the course. PM if you want any further details.

clustermagnet
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:21 AM
1.) pmp school
2.) take the pridmore star motorcycle school

you will smoke all the street douche bag schools and their kinder-garden finger blasting classes

just watch out... you may end up using rattle cans for your next paint job :)

grafix
Wed Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Ive been looking to take a course like this...they dont have much of these offered back home. I guess i need to invest in either some leather pants or kevlar jeans. Im assuming pants with knee pucks on them.

Slo
Thu Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Definitely +1 on the Mark Schellinger course.....

Crashdaddy
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Having taken 2 race classes with Ricky, and 3 with Schellinger, as well as the MSF BRC, ERC, and the MSF RiderCoach Training, and finally I took the Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Riding clinic, and then the week long Lee Parks instructor training (man, I thought boot camp was hard). But it was great, because he is hard on potential instructors because his standards are VERY high. I have no bias as to which one is "better" simply because it happens be one I teach. Since I teach them all, I have an honest unbiased opinion.

Despite possible anymosity between riding schools here in Colorado(of which I have zero use for), you must remember they all utilize the same curriculum (speaking of MSF classes only). From there, it gets into proffesionalism, quality of coaches, range facilities, and the little things like is water supplied, restroom facilities, how old are the bikes, and what kind of condition are they in?

So anyway...sorry for the long winded reply. If you choose to go with the Total Control class, you will leave that day with a smile :) that just wont go away. It is an extremely fun class, very organized, and baby steps are being taken at all times. so each exercise expounds upon the previous one. Wish I could express in this site how much you will learn in the class, but I just can't. Just take my word for it. And better than that smile will be your new found understanding of what and why motorcycles do the things they do. You will learn DRAMATICALLY more in a Total Control class than you will in an MSF ERC. And again, I teach them all. Don't get me wrong. It is a long, intense day. You will be bombarded with new thoughts and ideas, buy at the end of the day, it is a GOOD happy feeling, for you have accomplished somethimg big!!!!!!!!!

Currently there are only 2 RiderCoaches or instructors in the state that can teach the Total Contol Advanced Riding clinic. I (Dean) am one of them and the other instructor teaching the class is Curt. ***Just to clarify this point, there may be a dozen intructors living in Colorado that are trained and more than qualified to teach the Total Control class. I really do not know. The point here is that there are only two currently teaching the class for T3RG in Colorado, and as such, there are only two teaching the class in Colorado.*****Either one of us would VERY happy to speak to you in great detail about what the class could, and would do for you. We could do that one-on-one, or with a group of your riding buddies. We would be thrilled to do that, so please let me know.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, there is but one franchise holder for Total Control in the state of Colorado. That franchise holder is T3RG Motorcycle Schools @ 303-433-9424. All registration/scheduling of classes must go through them. WWW.t3Rg.Com (http://www.t3Rg.Com) is the website for more info.

Ride safe, and ride often!

Miles
Sat Jul 5th, 2008, 01:01 AM
www.rickyorlando.com