PDA

View Full Version : Maladin = asshole

konichd
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM

Ghost
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
What a dick, I wish someone would show this idiot what an asshole he is with no class. I hope his plane crashes before the next race. I've never liked this condensending dickhead and after the number of stunts he pulled at Daytona I hope he gets cancer.

I'm off to Grand Prix to kick some Susuck's over.........

I'm down. Get me a ride and I'll stuff him and block-pass him like in MX. ;)

pauliep
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
all i see in the video is him looking back and nodding his head...

Suki
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
all i see in the video is him looking back and nodding his head...

ditto.. what exactly did he do that was offensive?

chad23
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
What was he yelling about

Clarkie
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x34/zx-10r_album/forums/?action=view&current=CLIP0012.flv

What a dick, I wish someone would show this idiot what an asshole he is with no class. I hope his plane crashes before the next race. I've never liked this condensending dickhead and after the number of stunts he pulled at Daytona I hope he gets cancer.

I'm off to Grand Prix to kick some Susuck's over.........

have you ever met him? have you ever talked to him? do you really know anything about him other than what you choose to see?

you hope his plane crashes and he gets cancer?

wow, just wow

green_zx7r
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Eh, Konichd is pissed cuz he was being a bit cocky towards the Kwakers. :)

Nothing wrong with a little attitude and being happy to win over Spies.

He's also known for playing a lot of mind games with people. So does Vale. All part of racing I say...

I still don't give a rats ass about another two man one manufacturer battle for the title, but third place battle might be interesting...

Yusuke

Matty
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 09:08 PM
DK's just pissed nobody on Kawi stands any chance beating him.

Clarkie
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 09:29 PM
But cancer? have you ever known anyone that has died and gone through teh pain associated with cancer?

UglyDogRacing
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 10:20 PM
David you have reached a new low with this post. Why dont you answer Clarkies question? Have you ever known anyone with cancer?? I lost my grandparents and my uncle to it. My mother fortunately beat thyroid cancer but she has to constantly go back for tests. To wish that upon anyone is horrible.
How do you think his wife and daughter would feel if he crashed his plane and died?
This post demonstrates what little class you have. You cant even spell his name correctly.

The GECCO
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I don't see anything over the top either, for all we know he was nodding to the guy as positive reinforcement for something done right :dunno: Is there more to the story that we're not aware of?

I'm not a fan of Mladin's, but I won't wish bad things on him - I just root for someone else to beat him.

Aracheon
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Geez you guys, c'mon.

You didn't know that nodding at someone made you an asshole? Gosh. Get with the times. :lol:

RyNo24
Tue Mar 11th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Please do not push and Suzikis over at Grand Prix, they will make my try and buff out the scratches! lol. You do not see that kinda crap from a Yamaha Rider :D

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Lighen up, it was a joke guys..........

After his on-track stunts with JH and his interview afterwards saying "there's no competition in the AMA and he'll retire if Ben heads to GP" I have little respect for the guy.

I saw him at VIR last year and he hopped on his scooter and didn't pay any fans a second glance. Josh Hayes on the other hand was a pleasure to meet and talk to.

Mladin couldn't cut it in GP and came back to AMA. No doubt he's a great rider but his attitude is for shit.

Clarkie
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Lighen up, it was a joke guys

not if you have had somone close die of or deal with cancer, like Jim said, no class at all

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:07 AM
My grandpa died of cancer, people die in motorcycle crashes and people post that on the board all the time and your not up thier ass?

Clarkie
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:10 AM
the pain of cancer is a hell of a lot different to being killed in a motorcycle crash, but if you said you wished he died in a motorcycle crash i would still think just as little of you

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:27 AM
ditto.. what exactly did he do that was offensive?
Passed a whiner on a Kawasaki!:)

Filo
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:27 AM
After his on-track stunts with JH and his interview afterwards saying "there's no competition in the AMA and he'll retire if Ben heads to GP" I have little respect for the guy.

He is right - there is no competition in AMA superbike except for Spies. He is at his retirement age, and without Spies, why bother racing?

As for the "I hope he dies" stuff - lighten up yourself. It is just MC racing. If you don't like his attitude, don't pay attention. No one is forcing you to. I have met Mat many times. I won't be inviting him to my July 4th picnic. But I don't want him to die some way or get hurt racing either.

Now, if he was on a Kawasaki, that would all be different :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Lighen up, it was a joke guys..........

I saw him at VIR last year and he hopped on his scooter and didn't pay any fans a second glance. Josh Hayes on the other hand was a pleasure to meet and talk to.

Mladin couldn't cut it in GP and came back to AMA. No doubt he's a great rider but his attitude is for shit.
Mlad didn't cut it in GP because he was on the Cagiva, and the Suzuki, both of which were not front runners. How did Miguel do in his wild card ride at Laguna?:)

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:30 AM
^^^Adam with a sense of humor :)

Instead of running his mouth off about "no competiton" I'd like to see him STFU and jump to another team with less funding and see what the prick does. He won't move to any other series because he is currently riding the most developed bike. What was he doing in GP before he came to the States with his tail between his legs? :dunno:

AshliRider44
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:38 AM
have you ever met him? have you ever talked to him? do you really know anything about him other than what you choose to see?

you hope his plane crashes and he gets cancer?

wow, just wow

Agreed. I met Mat at PPIR a few years ago with Dave and he was awesome. He thanked us for corner working, introduced us to his wife and kids, let us sit down and chat with him, and took pics with us/signed autographs. Everyone gets competitive on the track, but that doesn't mean he deserves to die silly. :)

AshliRider44
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:40 AM
He is right - there is no competition in AMA superbike except for Spies. He is at his retirement age, and without Spies, why bother racing?

As for the "I hope he dies" stuff - lighten up yourself. It is just MC racing. If you don't like his attitude, don't pay attention. No one is forcing you to. I have met Mat many times. I won't be inviting him to my July 4th picnic. But I don't want him to die some way or get hurt racing either.

Now, if he was on a Kawasaki, that would all be different :lol:

:lol:

~Barn~
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 08:43 AM
<snip....>but his attitude is for shit.

How ironical, coming from you.

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM
and I can't spell :(

hcr25
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM
How ironical, coming from you.

BEST POST SO FAR!

Matty
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 10:01 AM
saying "there's no competition in the AMA and he'll retire if Ben heads to GP"

I remember when Jeremy Mcgrath used to say kind of the same thing about Supercross. Shit he even put a blinking stop light on the back of his helmet to give the people behind him something to stare at. But he still has mad respect by everyone.

DK, if Mladin was riding a Kawi would you still feel the same?

Instead of running his mouth off about "no competiton" I'd like to see him STFU and jump to another team with less funding and see what the prick does. He won't move to any other series because he is currently riding the most developed bike.

you and your most developed bike excuse. At that level they all are riding the top machines with the best mechanics and the best parts available.

and as for funding. look who Mladin's knew top sponsor is. it's "Rock Star." Yes Rockstar has money, but not like Yoshimura Suzuki money.

Now i feel like going to all the dealerships and pushing over all the Kawi's cause that makes me feel better. well not all the Kawi's, just the zx10r's.

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Even if Mladin was on a Kawi I would still not agree with his antics. The stunts he pulled at Daytona in no way reflect the respect he should have given to his fellow racers.

You think if Mladin was on Scott Jensen's GSXR he would do as well? Pull your head out of your ass. Yoshamira Suzuki/Rockstar has a ton of development at the AMA level. To think X/Y/Z suzuki's are the same is absurd. He's on the best equipment, period.

I don't have respect for McGrath either, I believe Barry Sanders said it best when he scored touchdowns "act like you've been there before." Josh Hayes is an excellent example of this, he's a standup guy and one of my favorite racers. Meeting him at VIR was a pleasure and every racer I talked to said he was by far the nicest guy in the paddock. Why can't other "professionals" adopt his approach?

D Berns R6
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Josh Hayes is an excellent example of this, he's a standup guy and one of my favorite racers. Meeting him at VIR was a pleasure and every racer I talked to said he was by far the nicest guy in the paddock. Why can't other "professionals" adopt his approach?

What do you think of him after his DQ? "professional"?

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 10:54 AM
^^^I don't think Josh put the crank in himself? :dunno: I'd bame factory Honda on that one, I can't figure out why the did it in the first place. Hayes has been up front in formula extreme for years.

D Berns R6
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM
^^^I don't think Josh put the crank in himself? :dunno: I'd bame factory Honda on that one, I can't figure out why the did it in the first place. Hayes has been up front in formula extreme for years.

True, but as a rider, I think he would have known it was in there.....

pauliep
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM

lol

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I guess I don't get whats so funny Paul? :dunno:

There could be 10's of reasons why the crank was in his bike. Maybe Honda cheated, perhaps there was a mix-up in parts, etc. who knows.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM
...And Sammy Sosa had no idea there was cork in his bat either. Barry Bonds thought it was just flaxseed oil...I'm with you DK.

I guess I don't get whats so funny Paul? :dunno:

There could be 10's of reasons why the crank was in his bike. Maybe Honda cheated, perhaps there was a mix-up in parts, etc. who knows.

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Sorry Randy but in motorsports there are a lot more people involved, to think a rider knows every in and out of his bike is a bit much. Look at NASCAR for an example. Robby Gordon had an illegal front nose on his dodge, however he procured it from the factory. Even though it was illegal the factory provided it to him as a legal peice. It wouldn't be hard to see how something similar could happen in motorcycle racing as well.

I'll wait to hear before I pass judgement........

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
^^^Adam with a sense of humor :)

Instead of running his mouth off about "no competiton" I'd like to see him STFU and jump to another team with less funding and see what the prick does. He won't move to any other series because he is currently riding the most developed bike. What was he doing in GP before he came to the States with his tail between his legs? :dunno:
Are you kidding me? I agree with his comments. Yates had the same bike, and wasn't consistantly fast enought to be a threat. Ditto for Tommy "Gun" Hayden. Zemke had enough trouble trying to beat DuHamel, yet I saw Spies beat him fairly easily. Hodgeson is about the only real, proven contender as far as I see.

As far as funding, I'm sure Yosh has to make do with far less than the mighty Honduh team. In fact, Suzuki is by far the smallest company of the big 4.

In GP, he did ok, considering what he had to ride. Far better than DuHamel. I, for one, can't wait to see Spies in MotoGP. I'm stupified (or maybe just stupid-fied) that Suzuki didn't pick him instead of Capirex.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Maybe it was "don't ask, don't tell"?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:39 AM
...And Sammy Sosa had no idea there was cork in his bat either. Barry Bonds thought it was just flaxseed oil...I'm with you DK.

And that Little League player really WAS 11, right?:)

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Are you kidding me? I agree with his comments. Yates had the same bike, and wasn't consistantly fast enought to be a threat. Ditto for Tommy "Gun" Hayden. Zemke had enough trouble trying to beat DuHamel, yet I saw Spies beat him fairly easily. Hodgeson is about the only real, proven contender as far as I see.

As far as funding, I'm sure Yosh has to make do with far less than the mighty Honduh team. In fact, Suzuki is by far the smallest company of the big 4.

In GP, he did ok, considering what he had to ride. Far better than DuHamel. I, for one, can't wait to see Spies in MotoGP. I'm stupified (or maybe just stupid-fied) that Suzuki didn't pick him instead of Capirex.

Frank, I agree with most of your comments, there is no competition for him in AMA, I think he is the best rider period. However to condesend to your fellow racers and bash AMA is another. I bet Suzuki spends a far amount, maybe not as much as Honda, but Probably more than Yamaha and Kawi. The thing is they have tons of R&D time on thier bike compared to Kawi and Yama for example. Maybe they don't need to spend as much $$$ but their bike is more refined than others due to thier experience. Yates is not on the same bike period. Jordan had an interview in Road Racing world complaining how he couldn't get factory parts for his team (traction control for example).

I think the 3 incidents Mladin displayed during Daytona was poor. If there's no competition in AMA maybe he should go to WSBK? :dunno:

Sortarican
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Even if Mladin was on a Kawi I would still not agree with his antics.

I like Pedrosa, he's my boy, but I wish he'd act with a little more class sometimes too.
Especially some of the comments he's made about Hayden and the team in general.
Those comments could have been saved for the paddock and not aired in the media.

...I believe Barry Sanders said it best when he scored touchdowns "act like you've been there before."

I thought that was a Jim Brown quote?
(Anyone?....Anyone?)

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I thought Jim Brown was "Do as I say, not as I do."

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM
...If there's no competition in AMA maybe he should go to WSBK? :dunno:

I'd be down for that.

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
+1 I would love to see him over there with Biaggi, Corser, etc. I think he would do well

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Frank, I agree with most of your comments, there is no competition for him in AMA, I think he is the best rider period. However to condesend to your fellow racers and bash AMA is another. I bet Suzuki spends a far amount, maybe not as much as Honda, but Probably more than Yamaha and Kawi. The thing is they have tons of R&D time on thier bike compared to Kawi and Yama for example. Maybe they don't need to spend as much $$$ but their bike is more refined than others due to thier experience. Yates is not on the same bike period. Jordan had an interview in Road Racing world complaining how he couldn't get factory parts for his team (traction control for example).

I think the 3 incidents Mladin displayed during Daytona was poor. If there's no competition in AMA maybe he should go to WSBK? :dunno:
I haven't been able to see the Daytona SBK race yet, so I can't really say. I know in past years he's been VERY critical of slower riders, especially at Daytona where the MPH difference is so great. He's part of the safety committee, so he has done a lot for rider safety, and if he's critical of the system, and some of the slower riders, it's probably deserved.

That said, I've seen him be an a$$ too. Although, Yate's "flying Daytona drop-kick of death" beats them all!:)

konichd
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Mladin is an awesome racer. However he needs to think about what he says. I think many Americans look at Mladin as an "ambassador" to the roadracing here in America. By the comments made, he's putting up a poor example for young racers to look up to. With the Red Bull rookies cup taking hold, American roadracing needs dramatic improvements to keep young riders in America and not roadracing overseas.

Scer
Wed Mar 12th, 2008, 03:53 PM
If you knew you had a illegal part on your race vehicle, would you really beat the piss out of your opponents and finish by more than 30 secs. over 2nd? That might create a little bit of controversy. I highly doubt that Josh knew about it.
I think Chaz is just as much of a stand up guy as Josh. Actually one of the few racers I know that doesn't drink even on Sunday night. If he gets the win, (Erion is appealing the decision) it's cause he deserves it too.

appeal on appealas

GNGSXR
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Jordan had an interview in Road Racing world complaining how he couldn't get factory parts for his team (traction control for example).

where can i find a link to this article?

Filo
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 09:28 AM
where can i find a link to this article?

It was actually Superbike planet.

The interview

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/e/n070626a.htm

the analysis

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/070627a.htm

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
If you knew you had a illegal part on your race vehicle, would you really beat the piss out of your opponents and finish by more than 30 secs. over 2nd? That might create a little bit of controversy. I highly doubt that Josh knew about it.
I think Chaz is just as much of a stand up guy as Josh. Actually one of the few racers I know that doesn't drink even on Sunday night. If he gets the win, (Erion is appealing the decision) it's cause he deserves it too.

appeal on appealas
Well, the problem is that's it's irrelevant whether he knew or not. The bike was definately illegal, so I think the team just took the chance they wouldn't get torn down, but they did, and got caught. Honestly, I think they have zero chance on appeal, but stranger things have happened....

Yeah, Mladin has a mouth on him (Hmmm, remind you of anyone?:)), but I do agree with some of his comments about safety and the closing speed difference between him and the other Pro's, and the slowest guys. Maybe at the big tracks change the percentage difference you have to qualify by?

Ricky
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hey did you guys know that my sister died from being beaten by a dildo? Please in the future, do not joke about people being killed from being beaten by a dildo. Cause, you know, that's just not funny at all. And BTW, it's very low class to joke about such topics... :roll:

Aracheon
Thu Mar 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Hey did you guys know that my sister died from being beaten by a dildo? Please in the future, do not joke about people being killed from being beaten by a dildo. Cause, you know, that's just not funny at all. And BTW, it's very low class to joke about such topics... :roll:

Could you please scan, PDF, and email that autopsy report to me? :D