PDA

View Full Version : need some input from colorado folks

tylenol9999
Thu May 1st, 2003, 05:11 PM
hi
i am planning a trip from southern california to colorado, i will roughly have 7 or more days although i can easly extend it to 14 if needed. i have been looking online for roads to take in colorado, but come up with nothing. i would really appreciate if you guys could give me a few pointers on which roads to take and which to stay off. i would also appreciate if you guys could tell me where i could find a suzuki dealer in colorado and have an oil change/tires changed etc.

my ride is a 2000 gsx-r 600

thank you for any input
paul

Anonymous
Thu May 1st, 2003, 05:21 PM
Hi Paul,

Dealers you can go to: Fay Myers, Colorado Powersports are two I would suggest

As for roads, what are you after? i.e. screaming through twisties, scenery, etc? We have it all... :)

When are you coming out? I'm sure some of us would be more than happy to hit the roads with you if you like.

tylenol9999
Thu May 1st, 2003, 05:29 PM
i usually ride twisties, on a longer ride such as this i would try to keep a bit cooler, as i would be far away from home. twisties and scenary are my priority, i do like to stay away from freeways as much as posible. i do like to take this trip around june 14th give or take a couple of days. i would really appreciate if i could meet and ride with some of the local riders in the area.
paul

Anonymous
Wed May 21st, 2003, 11:06 AM
If you're still checking this out, we have a ridiculous amount of twisties here you can take as fast or slow as you like. On Sunday's we have a mellow ride now for people who don't want to rip it up, you may want to hook up with that group if you can. If we know you're coming we'll plan a longer ride and make sure we show you the best roads we can. :D

You might toss a post in the Canyon carving forum, more people read that one and will be able to hook up with you for some rides.

Big-J
Wed May 21st, 2003, 11:54 AM
You will have no problem finding good roads here!! You will prolly even end up on some good ones just riding in Colorado!! :up: Just stay in touch and when you get here, you will have some homies to ride with and show you all the twisties!! :up:

Erratic
Wed May 21st, 2003, 07:23 PM
Hey where ever you go just try to stay off of Colfax, man i hate that street :x

HIX
Wed May 21st, 2003, 08:10 PM
Hey where ever you go just try to stay off of Colfax, man i hate that street :x

:lol: :lol: HEY! You're talkin about my hood! I live RIGHT on Colfax near City Park. It does get "interesting" in the summer at night. For the first couple months i lived here I had to send the dogs out to bark at the guys getting BJ in thiercar infront of the crib. I hope she didn't bite down too hard :twisted:

As far as rides go. Make sure you hit SW colorado. Durango, Silverton, Red Mountain pass. It doesn't bet twistier than that. If you want you can give me a call and I give you the scoop on all the "secret" roads down there. Better than sex!

303-870-8153

tylenol9999
Fri May 23rd, 2003, 01:48 PM
thenx
I will be down in colorado on 6-15-2003 or 6-16-2003 might spend two or three days there, no rush.
If anyone knows of any decent cheap motels to stay at let me know. any problems with bike theft?

Dietrich_R1
Sat Jan 31st, 2004, 08:01 PM
Hey Paul...

Shoot me a call w/ a map in hand. I'm more than willing to discuss some options.

M: 602.616-8107

P.S. Preferrably past 9:00 MT or anytime on the weekends.. MOBILE crap yah know.

Dietrich