PDA

View Full Version : 06 ZXRR Nakano Reverse Replica

konichd
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Decided to give my 06 some love. After months of work and thousands of $$$ she's all done. Here is a list of the mods.

-K&N air filer
-CRG “shorty” levers
-Spiegler brake lines
-CF front fender
-Gipro Gear indicator
-Circuit 1 block off plates
-Voltermoto adjustable rearsets
-PCIII with USB connection
-Barracuda GP exhaust with an Arrow Cat eliminator
-Stealth sprockets (525) and DID EVO gold chain
-Fiberglass upper and headlight
-New NGK spark plugs
-Vortex Mirror block offs
-Rear hugger
-Gilles GP chain adjustors
-Custom powdercoated rims (black) with green strip
-New bridgestone BT002 tires
-Fully safety wired
-LSL frame sliders
-P&P preload adjustors
-2007 updated rear shock with Race Tech gold valve kit (180lb rider)
-Ohlins 20mm front fork kit
-Puig double bubble windscreen
-Factory solo seat cowl
-Harris ¼ turn gas cap
-1/5 turn Riffleman throttle conversion
-Stomp grip
-Pit Bull rear swingarm spools

Special thanks to: TFOG Wheelsports for all the help with tires, rims, shocks. Rebellion motorsports - Thanks Joe for the parts hook-up. Kontradictions Graphics - Paintwork is second to none! Best painter period. IRDAVE - for the seet front fork work! Last, all my ZX10R.net buddies for help with parts and input!

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 10:57 AM
wow. I think need to go change now...

Devaclis
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Psh, stock gas tank and stock rear brake master. Half-ass job man. Really-half ass.

Aracheon
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:04 AM
You'll gain an instant 25hp just by replacing that Kawasaki sticker with a Yamaha one. :D

~Barn~
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM
And I'm pretty sure that Shinya uses the side of his tires, too.

j/k DK. It looks nice.

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Well done Dave! :applause:

dirkterrell
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Nice. I like the paint job.

Dirk

salsashark
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Psh, stock gas tank and stock rear brake master. Half-ass job man. Really-half ass.

figured you'd go after the inverted shocks first... what a disappointment.. :(

Nice looking ride though!

rybo
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Special thanks to: TFOG Wheelsports for all the help with tires, rims, shocks. Rebellion motorsports - Thanks Joe for the parts hook-up. Kontradictions Graphics - Paintwork is second to none! Best painter period. IRDAVE - for the seet front fork work! Last, all my ZX10R.net buddies for help with parts and input!

Damn, custom weld an exhaust for a guy, pick up and deliver forks, and sell him a set of sweet Ohlins valves for the front end on the cheap and don't even make the "special thanks" list. Brutal. I must have pissed DK off by banning him for posting that picture again.

You all know I'm kidding! The bike looks great DK!

konichd
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Special thanks to RYBO: for the schweet hook-up on the 20mm Ohlins kit, fork delivery, hand crafted exhaust welds and numorus input. Without him this bike would have only been a dream, now its reality :)

636chick
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Anyone got some Irish Spring I can borrow cause I need a shower now!!!! Damn dirty girl!!!!

Freakin sweet DK!!!!!!! Now you have two shiney objects that I must touch ever so gently :crazy:

Matty
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM
looks good man.... the only thing i'm not feeling is the different color green wheel strip.

i think if the wheel strips matched the paint they'd be cool.

let's see a picture of the back... wanna see how big the undertail looks without the exhaust pipes.

Shortcake
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I LOVE THE WHEEL STRIPES!!!! Don't change them!

Matty
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I LOVE THE WHEEL STRIPES!!!! Don't change them!
:banghead:

konichd
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I agree with Matty, they need to be white. Also got to ditch the turn signals. :)

Matty
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I agree with Matty, they need to be white. Also got to ditch the turn signals. :)
white would actually look pretty hot.

i would just smoke out the lenses black.

Shortcake
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
stick with the green.......

Matty
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:07 PM
stick with the green.......
luv ya.

rybo
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Next on the list of goods:

Magnesium wheels
Brembo radial master cylinder
Brake Tech Ceramic Matrix rotors
CF gas tank with quick fill system

~Barn~
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's legal (but then again neither is "no mirrors"), but I'd ditch the amber colored signal bulbs, (front and rear), and just get clear ones.

And yeah... keep the green wheel stripes, but I think they'd look that much better, color-matched to your paint. :dunno:

Jason ON
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Niiice!!!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM
She looks good DK!

Repsol a095
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
So, is the bike going to see the track this weekend? No excuses! Don't tell me this is going to sit in your living room in place of those great couches you just got rid of. TRACK IT!!!!!

TheStig
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Dats sexy!!! I think I actually like it better than the white one!

Matty
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 11:25 PM
So, is the bike going to see the track this weekend? No excuses! Don't tell me this is going to sit in your living room in place of those great couches you just got rid of. TRACK IT!!!!!
ya right?

green_zx7r
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:10 AM
DK,

You did an OUTSTANDING job on this replica! She's beautiful!!! Much more attractive than just the black in my opinion.

Awesome job sir!!!

Yusuke

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM

:yes: I built it to destroy Matty and his big mouth :)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 09:05 AM
what a beauty...well thought out DK! I'm thoroughly impressed!

I think White wheel stripes would accent it nicely though.

ZX Rider
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 10:50 AM
DK, bike looks absolutely fantastic. Very impressive.
I would try to hide that damn licence plate.

Matty
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 11:06 AM
:yes: I built it to destroy Matty and his big mouth :)
well since you can't shut my mouth on the track i guess the next best thing is to spend as much money possible on a zx10r to make it look almost as good as my gixxer does stock!!!! lol.

DK, i said your bike looked good, don't make me take it back. Hahaha.

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
^^^The CSC track day is coming :)

However I'm going to hit you with the "Roger Hayden Reverse Monster Replica" for that :)

Matty
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 11:27 AM
^^^The CSC track day is coming :)

However I'm going to hit you with the "Roger Hayden Reverse Monster Replica" for that :)

someone have a 250 i can borrow??? i don't want to spank DK to hard.

Ghost
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Nice! (for a Cow)

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Not as nice as what I'm going to do with an 08 :)

RyNo24
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
That looks hella nice...even for a Kawi :D

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Pretty much anything you do to an 08 zx10r is gonna make it look better tho. Poor bastard got caught by the ugly stick on the way out of development. I'm sure it's as fast as it is ugly tho!

Matty
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Pretty much anything you do to an 08 zx10r is gonna make it look better tho. Poor bastard got caught by the ugly stick on the way out of development. I'm sure it's as fast as it is ugly tho!
lol... comming from a Kawi rider.

rybo
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
someone have a 250 i can borrow??? i don't want to spank DK to hard.

A buddy of mine has a 92 TZ250 for sale....think that would do the trick?

RyNo24
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I finally looked at the new ZX10r yesterday at work (yes it took me this long working at a dealership to look at it...) and well, I do not like one thing about the looks. The front is too small and pointy, and exhaust has a weird plus symbol thing cut out of the back plastic piece. And the whole bike just doesn't seem to have the looks the old ZX10 had. I fail to see what all the hype was about, I would take the new GSX-Rs over the ZX10 any day. The new white/blue GSX-R 600 is HOT.

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:52 PM
^^The hype is for the 170+ RWP, not the looks. Personally I love it, Akro exhaust and a couple tweaks and your pushing close to 180 RWP.

RyNo24
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
^^The hype is for the 170+ RWP, not the looks. Personally I love it, Akro exhaust and a couple tweaks and your pushing close to 180 RWP.

Lol, they made it so fast so no one would see how bad it looks. I guess the front end can be ugly as hell as long as they never see it.

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 12:56 PM
lol... comming from a Kawi rider.

Hey man, I'll admit when something looks ugly, but ugly & slow are two wholly different things. If it wins races it'll be like a pug: ugly as sin yet everybody has 'em & loves 'em

salsashark
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Hey man, I'll admit when something looks ugly, but ugly & slow are two wholly different things. If it wins races it'll be like a pug: ugly as sin yet everybody has 'em & loves 'em

hehehe... pug...

http://kecute.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/luchador-pug.jpg

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-07/pug-vader.jpg

Repsol a095
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:21 PM
So, are we going to see this thing on the track this weekend or not? I know the white bike will be out; apparently the girls kick ass on DK'S bikes, but are we going to see the infamous DK? I heard you have new leathers and everything. Time to represent team angry!!

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM
The 636 on Sunday! :)

~Barn~
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:56 PM
So, are we going to see this thing on the track this weekend or not? I know the white bike will be out; apparently the girls kick ass on DK'S bikes, but are we going to see the infamous DK? I heard you have new leathers and everything. Time to represent team angry!!

:lol:
The day you'll see that 10R on the track[edit:] with DK aboard, is the day that Kawi, or The MRA, or some other race organization, has an event with a "fan parade lap" he can participate in.

rybo
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:59 PM
In an incredibly courageous move on DK's part he's offered to let me ride the 10R on the track with passengers for R2SL...

Now this was before the conversion, so he may have just been looking for the insurance money. :D

Shortcake
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
:lol:
The day you'll see that 10R on the track[edit:] with DK aboard, is the day that Kawi, or The MRA, or some other race organization, has an event with a "fan parade lap" he can participate in.

The 10 is WAY to pretty to be on the track in its condition... we're actually storing it in my living room on stands in front of the fireplace :slappers:

Matty
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
let's see what the dyno says after somebody besides a Kawi dealership tests it. the gsxr had the same claim and when it came down to it mine at sea level ran 162 HP not the 170 -180 HP it claimed.

and just cause it has HP don't mean it's going to be fast.

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
There's lots of "real world" dyno runs to back up that number. People have been getting 170-175 stock.

Matty
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM
There's lots of "real world" dyno runs to back up that number. People have been getting 170-175 stock.
that's cool... it's still ugly though.

RyNo24
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
that's cool... it's still ugly though.

Agreed, and how many people want a ugly bike over a nice looking slightly less fast bike like the new GSX-R 1000 and R1 (God Bike)lol.

~Barn~
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Precisely. Buy whatever gives you wood when you look at it, cause spec-sheets mean dick, when it comes to street bikes.

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Instead of BWW's you guys should have some of these tonight.....dicks :)

sky_blue
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Question: Why the "REVERSE" replica? and not just a replica? I think Nakano's bike looks sweet with the green on top.

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Something different for the most part. Plus my bike was black so the tank, tail didn't have to be pulled and painted. Now I have something that's "one of a kind" and my own idea, not a copy. :)

Well....that is until someone on the board copy's it. ;)

Sortarican
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
..Well....that is until someone on the board copy's it. ;)

I know we have some members with bad taste.....but really.....you really think someone else's taste could be THAT bad?

But seriously,
In case I didn't mention it during all the trash talking, it does look sweet.
That's two Kawi's that you've done now that I actually like.
Whodda thunk it?

Keepitgreen
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Just got in from Taiwan and see this little scooter of DK's is finally done.

That'll do pig, that'll do.. sniffle...

Now let's hear that fucker growl!

swademaster
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Looks good.

Check out this ZX10R.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/fostersice/bike026.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/fostersice/zx10r%20trade%20expo/bike009-1.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/fostersice/zx10r%20trade%20expo/bike010-1.jpg

konichd
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
^^^That guys is on the zx10r forum, one hell of a bike.

Spiderman
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
DK - very nicely done :up: ... I'm impressed! It looks good even for a Kawi! :p

Matty
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
that orange one is hot.

swademaster
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
^^^That guys is on the zx10r forum, one hell of a bike.

I saw the pics on the TL Zone. He used to have a nice TL1000R too.

luniz7
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
sick dude, im just waiting on my plastics now, then i will get ahold of you