PDA

View Full Version : Watkins on Good Friday

FZRguy
Mon Mar 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
If the forecast holds true, the plan is to ride 1-3 p.m.

FZRguy
Thu Mar 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
We'll be out there about 12:30 if anyone wants to come out.

luniz7
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
when is good friday?

Jmetz
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Every other Friday. :D

luniz7
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Every other Friday. :D

lol if you go again post up:)

DucWise
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 02:39 PM
We'll be out there about 12:30 if anyone wants to come out.

Can you tell me if this place has a good area (or two) for beginner and novice riders to 'practice' and ride around? Looking for a place I can take the little woman that won't be too intimidating. She's only ridden a few times... just needs some space and practice :)

Or if anyone is going out there soon maybe I'll tag along, check it out a bit, and wring my little XR out some :turtle: Please let me know!

Thanks!

Jmetz
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM
It has a beginner track. There is also lots of wide open spaces on the back side of the tracks. I just taught my daughter to ride out there. Go during the week if you're looking for low key. The weekends get pretty busy. Here's a little vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toTvp2Z-lYI

This one's better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhC3jqLV4k

FZRguy
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Def go on a weekday if you can. There are peewee and intermediate tracks, and the open space that Jmetz mentions. Berthoud has a lot of open space too but a $15 membership is required to ride, plus the $15 day fee. Watkins is $10/$10, or you can just pay the day fee of $12.

DucWise
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Cool guys... thanks for the info. Any idea how late they stay open on weekdays (or weekends for that matter)? Me and the Mrs. typically have to work M-F :( Would like to go when it's a little more low key if possible though.

Heard about Berthoud recently too... but that's a bit far I think. I think Watkins is about 20 minuntes away from me or so. That sounded more like the ticket if they had some open space to work with.

Thanks again!

FZRguy
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Watkins is always open. On nice weekends, go very early or very late to avoid the crowd. If there’s no one at the check-in when you arrive, they’ll come around to collect fees.

Jmetz
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Any idea how late they stay open on weekdays (or weekends for that matter)?

Sunset usually.

DucWise
Sat Mar 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Went out there this morning and it was just the thing. Not too crowded and quite a bit of open space to play in. Got a little crowded after noon but is was all good. Thanks again for the info guys.

Oh and the day fee (for non-members) is $15 per person. Still reasonable I guess.