PDA

View Full Version : Good news for CO motorcyclists (HB-1104) - but your help is still needed...

Spiderman
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Just got this via email from the AMA:

Attention Colorado Motorcyclists!
Good News - House Bill 1104 is moving.

Colorado motorcyclists interested in supporting legislation that toughens penalties for certain traffic offenses that result in injury or death should review the latest Action Alert in the Colorado StateWatch area of the AMA Rapid Response Center (http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp) or click here (http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=11163656&type=CU&show_alert=1) to go directly to the Action Alert.

Take a few minutes to contact your state senator in support of HB-1104.

Please click on one of the above links and contact your state senator to let them know that you support HB-1104! 8)

PS: For more information on House Bill 1104, please see the posts by ABATEStateCoord in this thread (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=267209#post267209).

Devaclis
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Done, son.

I saw a great T-shirt from Denver that said:

"Loud pipes - $500"
"Kill a biker - $35"

pilot
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Completed through the AMA site. It was fast and easy. Thanks Bob.

Rednarb
Tue Mar 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Done :)

Giianee
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Emailed it today.:cyber:

Devaclis
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM
More support you peeps. WHO on this site, let alone 2 wheels, does this not effect? Show some support you lazy sons a guns !

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Done.

FZRguy
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Well, this blows…

After Colorado's House and Senate added unfavorable amendments initiated by the trucking industry to House Bill 1104, sponsor Rep. Don Marostica decided to kill the bill. "We need to make sure the justice system has the proper tools to discourage dangerous behaviors like right-of-way offenses," Rep. Marostica said. The original bill was initiated to close a legal loophole and create appropriate consequences for persons failing to yield right-of-way. The final amendments drastically changed the bill and essentially would have created an even larger legal loophole for right-of-way offenses with insufficient penalties. "A failure-to-yield crash can have dire consequences," said Sen. Greg Brophy, bill co-sponsor. "Our laws should not treat these offenses lightly.”

r6srider
Tue Apr 8th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I don't have my bike yet I support it. I have seen devistating bike accidents on the web and it discusses me. That could be anyone. Cars have no sence with bikers. I was driving in my car today and 2 people at different times drove in front of me nearly hitting me. Neither of them waved and said sorry or anything but kept on going as if nothing happend. If I was on my bike I could of been hit. I support it my company will support it too.:scream1::banghead::cussing::piss::guns:

thats how I feel in a non-violent way lol lol

jt2589
Tue Apr 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I just sent the e-mail.:bananna: