PDA

View Full Version : This is EXACTLY why some cagers hate bikes

Vitesse
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
What a bunch of tools!

http://www.shooshtime.com/sfw/22625_First-Person-View-of-Suicidal-Motorcycle-Driver.html

DavidofColorado
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
I hear you. Those geezers on cruisers at 4:15 going 5MPH make all riders look bad.

MetaLord 9
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
And that right there is exactly why you can find so many bike parts on ebay. Thanks Darwin!

DavidofColorado
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
It was still fun to watch.

Matty
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
And that right there is exactly why you can find so many bike parts on ebay. Thanks Darwin!
Hahahhaa... don't know if i'm proud or embarrased that i know who that it is. and the guy in the 2nd half of the video.

he hit 163 mph on the freeway.

NOT TOO BRIGHT. but the dude can ride.

d3spair
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Nuts.. I cringed so many times during that video..

pauliep
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM

hopefully some forks and a triple show up on ebay soon for my bike, hehe

ChrisCBX
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
These videos always amaze me. Theres no doubt that these guys can ride.

What amazes me is that I've gotten warnings twice just leaving work to commute home and all I was doing was commuting (maybe a little quick but just commuting8)). How these guys can go for miles riding like that...........

they're really lucky in multiple ways.:roll:

Aracheon
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
... holy shit.

EDIT: I just want to point out that this video is heavily edited. He speeds it up a LOT. Bikes don't come up THAT fast unless they're going all the way over.

slayermd
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:32 PM

What amazes me is that I've gotten warnings twice just leaving work to commute home and all I was doing was commuting (maybe a little quick but just commuting8)). How these guys can go for miles riding like that...........

Then again, how many cops would try to chase after them? The best they could do is call ahead for maybe a road block or something. Otherwise, I totally know what you are saying. I get paranoid GOING the speed limit!

atrainthornton
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
um.....

tarded400
Sat Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
There wouldn't be any parts left salvagable. Or recognizable. Definitely a good rider, but a whole boatload of luck as well. People merge into me when I've been there for 5 miles.

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:49 AM

california doesn't have enough highway patrol officers for as large as the state is... especially in orange County where this took place.

... holy shit.

EDIT: I just want to point out that this video is heavily edited. He speeds it up a LOT. Bikes don't come up THAT fast unless they're going all the way over.

like i said in a previous post. i know who it is, and i can tell you he was pushing 163 a couple of times.

Aracheon
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
like i said in a previous post. i know who it is, and i can tell you he was pushing 163 a couple of times.

And that's fine, but I guarantee you he's not doing wheelies at 163mph. It's not sped up the whole way through, only in certain parts. But the more noticeable places are, like I said, when he's bringing the bike up.

tripledigits
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
My hands got sweaty watching those idiots. Must've been late for work??

DavidofColorado
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
I seen a video to lookout mountain that I liked better than this one just because it was clearer. This video is pixeled and blurry.
It was still fun to watch.

Mother Goose
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
And that's fine, but I guarantee you he's not doing wheelies at 163mph. It's not sped up the whole way through, only in certain parts. But the more noticeable places are, like I said, when he's bringing the bike up.
I hit the top of 4th in a wheelie on my F4i. Go see how fast that is and let me know. :lol: I'm guessing 120ish. :dunno:

The Black Knight
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:31 AM

Actually watch any Ghost Rider video and watch how fast he pulls up wheelies. Course his regular bikes are usually pumping out close to 200bhp. His turbo Busa has 500hp and he regularly lifts the wheel at 180mph+, last I heard he still holds the record for fastest wheelie at 215mph.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=869077
Watch how the guy on the red GSXR pegs it at 299km and Ghost Rider just powers by on one wheel.

I think when you start getting over 150mph it takes big power to lift the front end and carry it.

Slo
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
I know on a 04' zx10r once you get to about 136mph "indicated" the wind starts to want to push the bike back over......makes you start to place the front end lower.

Guys are either stupid or crazy depending on your morals but I must be the only one on here that will say I still don't see much skill?

fullgrownbear
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think it's probably an incredible adrenaline rush for them to ride like this.

Heck, It would be for me. I just don't think I can stand the thought of T-boning a family of 5 going over 180mph.

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
And that's fine, but I guarantee you he's not doing wheelies at 163mph. It's not sped up the whole way through, only in certain parts. But the more noticeable places are, like I said, when he's bringing the bike up.no he didn't have the front wheel up at 160+

he did have it up at over 156 mph @ the 1:19 minute mark.

i've had my front wheel in 3rd at over 120 as well, not much skill involved more just balance. it's much harder to sustain a wheelie at 20 - 45 mph than anything over 80 mph.

MAZIN
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
was I the only one waiting for a wreck?

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
ya me too.... cause i always like seeing people die.

Slo
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Matty, I don't think he meant it in that way.....probably just meaning that as close as he/they were getting at times, you would think they were going to run out of luck.

McVaaahhh
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
Darwin'll sort those geniuses out sooner or later. :rolleyes:

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Matty, I don't think he meant it in that way.....probably just meaning that as close as he/they were getting at times, you would think they were going to run out of luck.

ya i know... maybe just cause i know both of those guys, i'm a lil more inclined to be on their side.

Oh.. and the one who had the dash cam also races in WERA and was the 5th place point holder last year in WSMC (equivalent to MRA) SuperSport.

Darwin'll sort those geniuses out sooner or later. :rolleyes:
damn... everyone is a hater.

Aracheon
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
damn... everyone is a hater.

Well, the video IS of guys doing stupid shit in traffic. Did you expect a different reaction?

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well, the video IS of guys doing stupid shit in traffic. Did you expect a different reaction?
some people like to do stupid shit on the street, some in the canyons and some on the track.

Fuck it, have fun. As long as you know the consenquences.

dirkterrell
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Fuck it, have fun. As long as you know the consenquences.

Yeah, like killing innocent bystanders. You want to ride like that, go to the track. Don't go ripping through traffic like an asshat and put other people in danger. That's just irresponsible.

Dirk

Slo
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah it's all good as long as they don't end up hurting someone else due to their own actions / decisions. I think that's what everyone is looking at, plus the negativity that this video "could" bring to the sportbike community from cagers. I wasn't a saint either in the past but I tried to choose my times a little more carefully.

I don't know what I would do if I were the one responsible for leaving orphans behind or worse, being the reason some parents were having to bury their child.

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, like killing innocent bystanders. You want to ride like that, go to the track. Don't go ripping through traffic like an asshat and put other people in danger. That's just irresponsible.

Dirk
that's true... then again, how many of you jump on your bike after just visiting a bar, like Brecks or the Toad or whatever bars i've stopped at with ya guys??? the guy in the video might be speeding and riding like a fool, but his reactions even at those speeds are far greater than any drunk or slightly non-sober guy on a bike are.

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know what I would do if I were the one responsible for leaving orphans behind or worse, being the reason some parents were having to bury their child.

which is why you, as well as i, and most riders tend to ride using their brains.

Slo
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
The good side to this post and all the different responses are also good for some of the younger newbies that don't have people telling them what's smart/stupid.

There are some scenerios and responses here that could make a newbie think twice about the next time they go out getting a little too spirited in traffic.

Slo
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Not that your friend is gonna care what we think, but tell him to get onboard vid of him in a race and I'm sure he will have some new fans....

dirkterrell
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
that's true... then again, how many of you jump on your bike after just visiting a bar, like Brecks or the Toad or whatever bars i've stopped at with ya guys???

Not me. No alcohol when riding.

the guy in the video might be speeding and riding like a fool, but his reactions even at those speeds are far greater than any drunk or slightly non-sober guy on a bike are.

He might be Superman and be fully in control at 240 feet per second (I'm doubtful) but the problem is that other drivers aren't expecting to have someone moving along at that speed when they are making lane changes, etc. He's putting the lives of others in danger and that's wrong, no matter how good he thinks he is.

Dirk

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Not me. No alcohol when riding.

i'm right there with you....

He might be Superman and be fully in control at 240 feet per second (I'm doubtful) but the problem is that other drivers aren't expecting to have someone moving along at that speed when they are making lane changes, etc. He's putting the lives of others in danger and that's wrong, no matter how good he thinks he is.

Dirk

true....

Matty
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Not that your friend is gonna care what we think, but tell him to get onboard vid of him in a race and I'm sure he will have some new fans....
he's got some.. i'll see what i kind find.

TheStig
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I went to California speedway two or three years ago for GT live for its first show. I was amazed at the bikers on the highways there! They just go right through traffic, which I guess is acceptable there. But as a driver in a slow ass, slow braking rental neon it scared the crap out of me lol!

I think the vid is fun to watch, but just glad I or the people I ride with dont ride like that.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Someone will open a door on that clown.

lovinCO
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Oh.. and the one who had the dash cam also races in WERA and was the 5th place point holder last year in WSMC (equivalent to MRA) SuperSport.

Then this guy knows the difference. Everyone on the track signs up for fast riding. People commuting across town don't. It's not ok to ride like this on the street.

puckstr
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
one size fits ALL
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/30500/30912qero_w.jpg

pauliep
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6fe_1205967285

Riding like that will get you on the side of the road like this guy

I`m Batman
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
what are you talking about??? speeding down the highway at 100+MPH and doing wheelies is soo cool... :lol: this guy watched too many Ghost Rider vids

~Barn~
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:39 AM

:lol:

You're such a NASCAR fan.
=)

~Barn~
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:43 AM

You'd would have thought that being a racer and knowing all the effort that goes into keeping all him and his fellow racers safe, would have put a little sense into him. :lol:

Sorry to hate Matty, but sometimes stupid is as stupid does, and clowns that do stuff like this, are certainly that.

dapper
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:52 AM
It's still fun to watch...:p

~Barn~
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM
It's still fun to watch...:p

It was when I was like 18, Dan. :lol:

sprtbkbabe
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I just see my Ins rates going up with this "style" of street riding. No wonder not many COs will take us on anymore.
That is exactly why there is a track to use yo mad skilz on. Duh!

Matty
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 10:45 AM

that's what you call attempted vehicular manslaughter.

Sortarican
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 11:00 AM

ALICE listener?

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
that's what you call attempted vehicular manslaughter.

What? You didn't see the (dog, deer, moose et.al. -- fill in the blank) run out in front of the cage? Wouldn't stand a chance in court.

fullgrownbear
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
that's what you call attempted vehicular manslaughter

No, thats what you would call Careless, Careless causing injury, or Careless causing death, depending on the outcome.

If you watch the video closer the cager was attempting to pass a vehicle in front of him and obviously forgot to check his blind spot. You can see the shadow from the vehicle he's trying to pass.

Either way it's f**ed up. Same thing almost happened to me today.