PDA

View Full Version : SV seat problem...

slayermd
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
So looking around my SV, I got a little confused. I couldn't figure out how to get the front seat off without breaking it. Any suggestions?

King Nothing
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
what year? If it is a gen 2, you have to take the two little plastic shrouds off from directly beneath the seat. (kinda triangle shaped, and they kinda pop off after you get the bolts out) I think it is a 5 or a 4.5 mm allen wrench. Then there is one larger bolt on each side of the seat that is a 6-8mm allen key. Take those two off and you're home free.

slayermd
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I figured it would be those triangle things, but I thought it would be much easier to take it off. But thanks for the info.

Jason ON
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, you have to take the two plastic bits off the sides (under the seat) with a hex bolt, then pull them out gently but firmly. Then behind that point is a second set of hex bolts you have to undo (they're hard to see unless you know where you're looking). Once all 4 bolts are out the seat lifts from the front (near the tank).

Joecycle
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Yup, 2 black plastic pieces (one per side) like everyone said.

You're not the yellow SV at the Vintage are you? You might see me around the area too. Silver SV, naked, at 92rd and Sheridan.

slayermd
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Yup, 2 black plastic pieces (one per side) like everyone said.

You're not the yellow SV at the Vintage are you? You might see me around the area too. Silver SV, naked, at 92rd and Sheridan.

I got it off, thanks for the help everyone. My SV is silver like yours, and there is a good chance I will see you, I work on 96th and Sheridan.

Jason ON
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM
And mine is black. And I rarely go that far north. I work at 84th and I25, though.