PDA

View Full Version : I had a blast!

2Blue
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a blast yesterday during the MRA racing school!! Awesome group of instructors and very well organized. Even if you don't plan on racing this year, I highly recommend that you take the same class in April. It's well worth the 189 bucks. This was my first time at pueblo and having a cool instructor by name of "Crash" teaching our group made it all the better. The class room time, learning lines, mock up starts and end of the day 8 lap race with 24 riders was sooooooo much fun.

Great Stuff!!!

fairrpe86
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time down there. I was one of the guys on the crash cart picking people up, and it seemed as if most people out there were having a great time. I enjoyed being back at the track as well. Crash is an awesome guy and you lucked out with getting him as an instructor, as he is a great instructor, but all of the people they had teaching were great so you would have been in good hands no matter what. Look forward to seeing some new faces down at the track this year.

TopTier
Sun Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
I too had a great time. Crash was an awesome instructor.
here is a pic of the bike the next morning after driving through the snow storm.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/Toptierrider/DSC01598.jpg

Ray-Ray
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Glad you guys had fun! We sure lucked out on the weather.

flyingmonkey
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I had a great time @ the track, very good instructors. I look forward April to take the class again.

BugHunter
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 08:28 PM
2Blue, here are a few pics from class. By the way is anybody up for IMI this Sat.?

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=9cznxe2k.ce848pn4&Uy=-wte3ah&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=394128389463_622595776208

TopTier
Mon Mar 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
sweet pics. do you have any hi res versions?

BugHunter
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 05:58 AM
No, we only brought a crappy little cammera to the track but I think they might have a photographer at some track day events and races. You can see her pics on the MRA website.

Bueller
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 06:20 AM
By the way is anybody up for IMI this Sat.?

There is a Supermoto race Sun. So be aware the track will be inandated with Tards on Sat.

And Crash is one of the best, he was my instructor a few years back and I really enjoyed it.

2Blue
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
2Blue, here are a few pics from class. By the way is anybody up for IMI this Sat.?

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=9cznxe2k.ce848pn4&Uy=-wte3ah&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=394128389463_622595776208

Thanks for the picture's T. I'm planning on taking Monday off and going to Pueblo for the track day / race clinic. The guest speaker for the clinic is the same guy that wrote the Sport Riding Techniques book. Should be interesting. Do you think you can make it? I can't make it to IMI this weekend but probably the next one.

BugHunter
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Can't make it on any weekdays. That's one of the reasons I took the race class in the first place so I could get track time on the weekends. By the way, I never used the Kodak easy share thing before so I didn't know how low the res was. If anybody wants better pics I can e mail them and they may be better.

Spicee Brown
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
2 Blue, is that you on the blu R1 and blue A stars?
I got to watch your lines on the Van Mar track day on Monday..you did really friggin good. I came up to talk to you afterwards and you were super PUMPED!
You were flying when I passed you!
Ha ha Just kidding, thats my favorite racer expression. Im new to this too.
Naw, seriously, VanMar is awesome and its good to see some new riders out there so stoked to just be there..not to mention you did really great for only 2 weeks outta class. Mark does a great job instructing.
Time for some race plastics! Post me if you ever need any help.

Dave Strain
Colorado Powersports, Boulder
MRA #164

2Blue
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 03:18 PM
2 Blue, is that you on the blu R1 and blue A stars?
I got to watch your lines on the Van Mar track day on Monday..you did really friggin good. I came up to talk to you afterwards and you were super PUMPED!
You were flying when I passed you!
Ha ha Just kidding, thats my favorite racer expression. Im new to this too.
Naw, seriously, VanMar is awesome and its good to see some new riders out there so stoked to just be there..not to mention you did really great for only 2 weeks outta class. Mark does a great job instructing.
Time for some race plastics! Post me if you ever need any help.

Dave Strain
MRA #164

Thanks Dave!!! I gotta tell ya, just six months ago, I did not think I would ever own a sportbike, as I was a Harley guy through and through. I decided to sell my fatboy and try something different. Now after doing two track days / school clinics, I'm hooked! Being able to stretch the legs on these bikes in a controlled enviornment is addicting. They truly are engineering marvels. I decided to go ahead and race, so I sent off for the competition license and I'm waiting for the packet to get my MRA #. The conversion parts are starting to come in. I ordered eracings plastics, woodcraft engine covers, stomp grip and motovation usa frame,clutch and axle sliders. I started doing some of the safety wiring, what a pain in the butt! Broke many bits so far, but I'm getting there. My goal for the first race and ever race for that matter, is to just finish the thing and have fun! Mark along with everyone I've met in the MRA has been real helpful and encouraging! Thanks for your inspiration as I'm a sponge looking to learn as much as possible from you guys!

Thanks,

I'll be in touch!

Slo
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks Dave!!! I gotta tell ya, just six months ago, I did not think I would ever own a sportbike, as I was a Harley guy through and through. I decided to sell my fatboy and try something different.

Nice.... you ever miss the Harley? Reason I ask is that I been looking at the Nightrod, Streetrod, Vrod for some time now for just cruising around....

That's all Denver needs is a little Asian mofo on a Harley!!!!!

firefghtr
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 10:09 PM
for sure,....haha, dont do it jay

Matty
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Nice.... you ever miss the Harley? Reason I ask is that I been looking at the Nightrod, Streetrod, Vrod for some time now for just cruising around....

i'm with ya... i've been considering pickin up an HD softail Deluxe.

2Blue
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM

I miss it the most when my old lady and I are riding two up. I had a detachable back rest and at times I could barely tell she was on back.
I could just gas it and not have to worry about her flying off the back or pulling me off of the bike. We've been riding together for years and she does want to get another Harley for the long rode trips. If I decide to turn my R1 into a full time track bike I might get an Ultra Classic which is the true "old mans" Harley. If I had it my way, I would get another R1 for the street to get more seat time and get another Harley for the two up weekend rides. If your mind it set on the vrod then I would take it for a test drive to see if you like it, but if your after a traditional Harley then I would stay away from the vrod. You can't go wrong with any soft tail.

Live to Ride!!!

Spicee Brown
Tue Apr 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Harley Davidson= the best way to convert petrol to noise with no power gains:)
..sold my harley when I was 25, for a Honda Hurricane. Hooked on rice.
How you been, Jay?
Thanks for your enthusiasm, 2 Blue. Good to hear things are progressiving.Let the hemorraging of the wallet begin!

Dave Strain MRA 164

cjmagnuss
Tue Apr 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm taking the school this Friday. I can't wait!

firefghtr
Tue Apr 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
me too, see you all on friday for those who are going to be there

2Blue
Tue Apr 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
[quote=Spicee Brown;289340]Harley Davidson= the best way to convert petrol to noise with no power gains:)

That's too funny!!! :)

2Blue
Tue Apr 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
me too, see you all on friday for those who are going to be there

Have fun guys and let us know how the class went.