PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle key blanks

Desmo
Sat Sep 4th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know where i can get some key blanks for my Ducs??

KooLaid
Sat Sep 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Just goto Rocky.

Desmo
Sat Sep 4th, 2004, 10:23 PM
I guess.... do you know if they have keys in stock.. and do they want an arm and a leg for them??

KooLaid
Sun Sep 5th, 2004, 12:46 AM
dunno if they carry them in stock. BUT they do make motorcycle keys there, and they still appear to carry the ducs. So I would say a good chance, yes they do. Ummmmm, it's probably not gonna say "ducati" on the key, but it'll work (should) even though generic. Believe they charged.... $10 each on those????? Can't recall. But if you want a factory key, I'm sure they can order those too, but I guarantee that's gonna hurt the pocketbook!

Desmo
Sun Sep 5th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Yea, I’m going to check with them, if not I will just try to find a blank on E-bay.. $10. is not bad.. I was just not aware that Rocky Mountain, made keys..

Erratic
Sun Sep 5th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Try a lock smith. I've had keys made for my honda and a lock smith was the only one that had them, well besides the dealership. it was like $2-3.

T-byrd
Mon Sep 6th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Don't you have to have a factory key for Ducatis? I thought I lost a key and bought a couple, they told me it has a computer chip in them that had to be coded from the main (red) key.
I think my replacement was $20.00 per key. Not cheap.

Tanya

Desmo
Mon Sep 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I dont think they all have the "Chip" in them, mine does not.. i think yours does.. it might have stated in 2002 or 2003..
i just have regular keys for mine..
i might go to the Ducati dealership to see how much they will rape me for..
i will keep you updated..

Desmo
Tue Sep 7th, 2004, 10:11 AM
FYI:::: just found out that the keys for a Ducati are $12.25 (without the chip) 22.00 (with the Chip) at rocky mount. they do have them in stock..
that is not too bad.. better then loseing all the keys..