PDA

View Full Version : The amazing air bag suit!!!

slayermd
Tue Mar 25th, 2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Vlt5tGwY

mastap07
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 02:01 PM
hopefully that doesnt malfunction and deploy while your riding lol but pretty good idea!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 03:54 PM
that'll be great if he crashes into a lake too! :lol:

King Nothing
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Lakes are an urban myth.

MetaLord 9
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM
pretty sure this is a repost...could be old news...or I could be commenting on the thread b/c I need attention. pretty sure it's one of those tho.

TFOGGuys
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Okey Dokey.... must be nice to get paid to pitch a bike away in a product demo. All the theories I've heard say that in a motorcycle getoff, sliding is good (assuming it's not YOUR dermis you're sliding on), and tumbling is bad, because the centrifugal force generated by the roll tends to fling your extremities out where the corners can break off. Opinions?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Okey Dokey.... must be nice to get paid to pitch a bike away in a product demo. All the theories I've heard say that in a motorcycle getoff, sliding is good (assuming it's not YOUR dermis you're sliding on), and tumbling is bad, because the centrifugal force generated by the roll tends to fling your extremities out where the corners can break off. Opinions?

Sliding is better unless there are obstacles in the general line of said slide. If the obstacles are animals you can only hope that it (they) get outta your way. Abrupt stops are bad. :shocked:

MetaLord 9
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM
agreed on the sliding, as long as you're not sliding on your own skin. the friction from sliding will slow you down faster than pull'n a mary lou retton down the highway. Plus, even if your skin never touches the asphalt, if you're flail'n you'll definately bust a bone or two

rider955i
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I know that there is a vest out that is similar and IMO looks like it does a better job. It is co2 inflated and it's probably cheaper than anything put out by Dianese.

Spiderman
Wed Mar 26th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Flying through the air is bad too... actually the flying through the air part isn't that bad, it's the sudden stop that's bad (don't ask me how I know :lol: ).

As for this device, it looks like it's designed to *help* protect the neck and shoulders only, which may not be necessary in a sliding-only crash, but in a tumbling crash, you may brake some bones in the extremeties, but the vital organs have some added protection which is nice.

I would've needed a whole Mr. Bib (Micheline Man) outfit for my stunt in Pueblo last year. :lol:

slayermd
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 08:28 AM
pretty sure this is a repost...could be old news...or I could be commenting on the thread b/c I need attention. pretty sure it's one of those tho.

I might be old news. I just like how the guy was celebrated for dumping his bike. What a dummy :lol:

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Flying through the air is bad too... actually the flying through the air part isn't that bad, it's the sudden stop that's bad (don't ask me how I know :lol: ).

As for this device, it looks like it's designed to *help* protect the neck and shoulders only, which may not be necessary in a sliding-only crash, but in a tumbling crash, you may brake some bones in the extremeties, but the vital organs have some added protection which is nice.

I would've needed a whole Mr. Bib (Micheline Man) outfit for my stunt in Pueblo last year. :lol:

Actually Bob, we should put one of these in the crash zone:

http://www.actionunlimited.net/images/airbag100.jpg

fook
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 10:04 AM
that was kind of a dumb demo. I want to them put that on a real dummy and fling him over some handlebars into the side of a car that just turned left.

I dont need shoulder airbags as I slide down the asphalt on my ass. I like the goldwing airbag, myself...