PDA

View Full Version : Getting blown off the highway...

JustSomeDude
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:30 AM
And not by some hot broad either... were any of you on C470 by Chatfield yesterday around 6pm?! Cripes! The wind moved me over an entire lane... and water from the reservoir was blown onto the road and misted up my shield.

Scared the crap out of me! :shocked: Ok, that's it - I just wanted to share my scary story, and point out how big of a pantywaist I am.

Devaclis
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Leaving work in DTC yesterday I was being pushed on Belleview. It was not too bad but you had to focus constantly to prevent becoming a hood ornament.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Leaving work in DTC yesterday I was being pushed on Belleview. It was not too bad but you had to focus constantly to prevent becoming a hood ornament.

Just seek refuge @ The Toad.

Devaclis
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:46 AM
The perfect execution of the perfect plan. ^^^^

Nick_Ninja
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I've been blown away there too :twisted:

64BonnieLass
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Same for me. Thank god I chose to take a tour after work in town, instead of on C-470.

Wind....:321:

vegasbound
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I was on 470 around that time.

Between the snow, rain, wind, having kids, and work: it sometimes feels like the stars have to align perfectly to get a good ride in.

Warren
Thu Mar 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
It was pretty windy up on horsepower hill yesterday afternoon, but damn was it worth it :)

JustSomeDude
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
It was pretty windy up on horsepower hill yesterday afternoon, but damn was it worth it :)

Be careful down there - there's rumors of a Saskwatch roaming around the woods - and occasionally wandering onto the roads.

Chad4000
Fri Mar 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I was on 470 around that time.

Between the snow, rain, wind, having kids, and work: it sometimes feels like the stars have to align perfectly to get a good ride in.

you are soooo right. I had two days off and between my dad needing help with a project, and other little things, I got about half hour on the bike.

and I had planned a trip to Pikes Peaks that day too....