PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN - 99 YAMAHA R1 RED/WHITE

sugarrey
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I am SO PISSED!!!!!!!

The bike was pinned between a concrete wall, concrete pillar, and 2 cars. The only way they could steal it is if they lifted it up or moved on of the cars. Well, the mother-fuc*ers did it.

Looks like they were able to push my girl friends honda back and lift the bike enough to get it out. The really fuc*ed up part is that it woke me up, I heard them drive the bike out of the garage because I said to myself "thats a cold dude right there"....

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways it is a 1999 RED/WHITE YAMAHA R1, tags are Kansas and say "SUGAR" if for whatever reason someone saw it....Will post this in the STOLEN section also.

Matty
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 10:40 AM
that sux.... hope you had insurance.

McVaaahhh
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM
damn, that really sucks man. I hope you get it back.

pauliep
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 11:28 AM
posted a bulletin on myspace, I'll let ya know if someone says something

slayermd
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM
THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

Damn, sorry about the loss.

AshliRider44
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
No fucking way, I can't believe that shit. I'm sorry to hear about this.

konichd
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Not to sound like an asshole, but you had fair warning something was going to happen ( bike was tampered with on the 24th). It sucks, but you took the easy solution and now your out a bike.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Not to sound like an asshole, but you had fair warning something was going to happen. It sucks, but you took the easy solution and now your out a bike.

Wrong! You do sound like an asshole.

konichd
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM
^^^ I missed you at Brothers BBQ today Randy :(

Here's my point. You came out and your ignition had been tampered with. You should have A) installed a low-jack or alarm like a lot of people recommended B) take it to a friends place for a week or two C) Got it in a storage unit for safe keeping.

When my R6 got stolen it was in the bed of my pickeup, up against a fence, under a car port. 4 guys + 1 Van = gone in 20 seconds.

r6srider
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
What steps are their to prevent any bike from becoming stolen? Does any method work? I say a gun or a pit bull tied to the bike is the only prevention. Sorry homie

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry David...watched it while I was playing a hold'em tourney down the road at Indigo Joe's. Good turnout like last week? Heh...funny thing is, out of about 80 people in the place, I was the only one watching the race.

RyNo24
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM
LoJack doesn't keep it from getting stolen, BUT it does allow the cops to track it and recover it. A lot of time they catch the criminal with the bike and get him off the streets. That is why my FZ1 got LoJack the first week I got it.

I also agree with konichd, you should have put it at a friends house or a somewhere else after they attempted to steal it. It would have gave to time to figure out a better way to secure it.

I hope you get it back, or at least insurance helps you get a knew bike.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM
What's the going price for LoJack and the install?

konichd
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:53 PM
^^^LoJack has an excellent recovery rate on bikes, while you can't prevent a bike from getting stolen, you can take steps to make it to difficult so the thieves move on.

RyNo24
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
What's the going price for LoJack and the install?

Its around $900 parts and labor. I know that sounds expensive and will scare a lot of people away. The benefits however are priceless. For $900 you can get your $8000+ bike tracked by the cops, you get the early warning key fob (LoJack calls you after you bike has been moving for 5 min if the key fob isn't near it), you can also get up to $5000 for a new bike on top of what insurance gives you if they do not recover the bike in 30 days, and finally you get a little peace of mind knowing your bike can be tracked if stolen.

konichd
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM
^^^ +1

ChrisCBX
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Sorry about your bike. I really hope that the losers that stold it get caught.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Its around $900 parts and labor. I know that sounds expensive and will scare a lot of people away. The benefits however are priceless. For $900 you can get your $8000+ bike tracked by the cops, you get the early warning key fob (LoJack calls you after you bike has been moving for 5 min if the key fob isn't near it), you can also get up to $5000 for a new bike on top of what insurance gives you if they do not recover the bike in 30 days, and finally you get a little peace of mind knowing your bike can be tracked if stolen.

Thanks for the info. RyNo24

FZRguy
Sun Mar 30th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Krypo NY chain and lock is pretty much unbreakable without a torch, so long as you have something solid to chain the frame to…about $120.

Sorry to hear your bike got jacked…low-life bastard thieves!

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 12:09 AM
Graphical location --- as opposed to high crime rate areas ---- should work better than any Master lock

My advice --- move your sorry ass out of the problematic location

Yeah I know ---- I'm such an out of touch asshole that has happenstanced across your situation, :twisted:

sugarrey
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 02:00 AM
Yes I could've done more....I ordered the ignition module, will be here tomorrow and the steering was locked so it was just real inconvenient to get it moved, guess I know better next time.

I want to KILL those Mf'rs

Raptor
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 06:22 AM
F'in sucks dude. The determination of ass-sucking, theiving scum knows no bounds. Hope the insurance thing is all straight.
Hope someone spots something and reports with tales of heinous violence to the fuckers.

G.

rider955i
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Dude that sucks! I hope they get caught soon so you can get bake on a bike. One of my friends back home had two four wheelers stolen that were chained up to a tree for sale and he didn't find out who did it until 6mos later. They were beat to $hit and one was in pieces, spray painted the plastics on the other one and basically made them worthless. I hope you get a safe return of your bike and those f'ers get what they deserve.

lovinCO
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your bike. With as much security as Belmar has roaming the area, I'm surprised you've had so many problems. Did you discuss the vandalism/breakins with their security center? Just curious. We often eat out in Belmar and there are usually security trucks driving around the parking lots checking on the cars.

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:44 AM
Chance plates saying "SUGAR" are already gone - 100%
Chance bike is still in one piece right now - 15%
Chance you'll find the fuckers - 0%

Bottom line is steering locks are easy to break, pinned bikes can be lifted, wheels can be removed. If you've got a determined thief then lojack & insurance are all ya got go'n for ya. What you've gotta do is make sure that your bike is harder to steal than the one next to it. Or better yet, get a garage so that bored hoodlums drive by and go "what bike?" Best way to keep your bike from being stolen - what they can't find they can't steal. good luck man

GSXR Girl
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
sorry to hear about your bike!! my boyfriend was telling me this story, and i was like..OMG i would be PISSED!! i hope they find it!! or your insurance covers it!
i feel bad because i just got your message about riding =/
take care!!

Sortarican
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:40 AM
Lay off the man DK, he just got his bike swiped and it sounds like he did increase his security measures.
Most theives wouldn't go though that much actual physical effort to steal a 9 year old bike.

S/R,
Based on the age of the bike I'd bet it's some punks in your neighborhood and not a pro or semi-pro theif.
They'll be shooting off their mouths and showing it off to friends over the next week.
Post a flyer up with even just a $100 reward and one of the local hood rats will narc them out.

Then we all get together and beat the shit outta the dirtbags and get your bike back.

Chad4000
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:58 AM
Lay off the man DK, he just got his bike swiped and it sounds like he did increase his security measures.
Most theives wouldn't go though that much actual physical effort to steal a 9 year old bike.

S/R,
Based on the age of the bike I'd bet it's some punks in your neighborhood and not a pro or semi-pro theif.
They'll be shooting off their mouths and showing it off to friends over the next week.
Post a flyer up with even just a $100 reward and one of the local hood rats will narc them out.

Then we all get together and beat the shit outta the dirtbags and get your bike back.

that sounds good for sure.

anyway, you have to get an actual chain lock and put it around the swing arm. (sorry if you did that and I just missed it). I honestly wouldnt leave mine out for even one night. I swear that I actually have my bikes chained together inside my garage most of the time. Just trying to make it easier to steal somebody elses bike then it would be to steal mine.

Ricky
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 02:55 PM
LoJack for sure, but it's fuckign $900 (at least, that's what I was quoted on the new bike).

If I had lojack on my bike I'd leave it out every night of the week HOPING it gets stolen, just so that I can track that motherfucker and he can get busted. I'd get more joy out of someone getting busted than I would knowing I'm gonna get the bike back. Then after it's recovered, I'd leave it out to get stolen again, just for fun, lol

Sorry to hear about the bike man, but how in the HELL did they move one of the cars to get the bike out? Was it left in N or something? parking brake broken? keys in the ignition?

BeoBe
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:34 PM
I dont think will really get the chance to see it up here.. But i got my eye out for the bike around here for ya...

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 09:46 PM
Belmar? Is that where you live? I went there to watch a movie and when i came out my ignition was jacked up. It pissed me off to no end. The security on their segways were no help either. Hit me up when you get it back you can park it at my house. I live real close to belmar.

sugarrey
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:01 PM
I actually got the bike back today, see the recovered post about the 99 R1 in the south central section.

DavidofColorado
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:08 PM
And what happened?

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:12 PM
long story short: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=283594#post283594

sugarrey
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:13 PM
The other post explains it all....interesting story, its a must read for victims to read.

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:20 PM
Given the opportunity to remedy the situation, there are no vicitms.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Glad you got your bike back man, but I'd definately find another place to park it/better security lest something more than an 18 punk eyes your bike