PDA

View Full Version : 87 FZ 600 gas gauge wires at tank

Kevcules
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Can someone with a similar bike ,tell me what the colors are for the gas gauge wires going to the tank ? I see a green connector near the underside of the gas tank not being used. I have nothing but two bare tips on the tank and want to make the gauge to work.

Kevin

Keepitgreen
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 02:10 PM
Can you just connect it and switch if you have to?

That is a nice bike. The 750's were mean..

Sortarican
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Here's a link to a site with repair/service manuals:
http://blackbears.ru/index_en.php?get=manual

A lot of them not in English but wiring schematics is wiring schematics. Just have to google what the words for Blue/Red/Green are in French/Italian/German.

Xtremjeepn
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 04:20 PM
I just dropped off our bike at the shop Saturday. I can look at the wires as soon as I get it back.

(87 fz600)

TFOGGuys
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Can someone with a similar bike ,tell me what the colors are for the gas gauge wires going to the tank ? I see a green connector near the underside of the gas tank not being used. I have nothing but two bare tips on the tank and want to make the gauge to work.

Kevin

Based on the FZ600 I have on the lift, the wires are green and black, running back to a connector under the front seat.

Xtremjeepn
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Based on the FZ600 I have on the lift, the wires are green and black, running back to a connector under the front seat.

No need for me to look for you now since that is ours on his lift:hibye:

Kevcules
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks very much guys!

Kevin