PDA

View Full Version : Some people just have no brains.

rider955i
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 06:13 PM
Well I was riding on Saturday with some other people who I will let speak for themselves if they wish. Anyway on our way back to split off and go home a couple of us encountered a pick up that intentionally tried running motorccycles off the road if they attempted to pass. He damn near took me out swerving over and slamming on his brakes. I got his plate number and reported him using *csp. If anyone else encounters this mofo feel free to take him out of the gene pool, but at least be cautious. He was in a newer dark blue F150 with a winter park sticker (WP boney fingers) on his rear window license plate # 353 0SZ
I hope the cops actually do something about this guy before he actually does injure/kill someone. Anyone else run into similar bs? besides the unintentional stuff that we are forced to put up with as well. I would think that it would be common sense not to mess with someone on a bike when you are in a cage (never expect anything). If anyone knows who this is feel free to let me know. If it is someone that you know and don't want it to be known at least confront this idiot and let him know what results his actions will eventually cause.

YamahaRider22
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 07:31 PM
yeah man i hear ya. luckily i was at the front of the pack and i didn't have to deal with him. it's strange we didn't see him and you guys did tho. hopefully the cops go knocking on his door in the next couple of days!

ChrisCBX
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 07:53 PM
We had something similar happen on a ride up in the Black Hills. We followed a mini van for several miles in tight twisties w/traffic. We weren't tailgaiting or flashing high beams or anything. We finally had a place to pass and the minivan driver swerved into the path of the first guy that tried to pass. Hard to figure some people. He let us by on the second attempt.

KoryBricker
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
A friend of mine who is a police officer said that the best thing you can do in an instance like this is to have as many people as possible call and report him via *csp. He said when just single calls come in they don't usually do anything as they get a LOT of single instance calls where it's basically a false report (due to someone being stuck behind a slow driver etc or even exes trying to cause trouble for the other party etc). He said when they get multiple calls withen a short period they take it more serious and will send an officer to the area to check things out incase of a drunk driver and if they can't catch them in the act will often send an officer to the registered address to give them a warning and may do more if its habitual

Worth a try if happens again

arcatacat
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 11:01 PM
My response to this kind of behavior is typically just to find the nearest place to pull off the road and have a breather... let the asshole get a few miles away, then continue with my ride. *csp can work, but I find just removing myself from the situation makes it easier.

tarded400
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 09:49 AM
*csp won't do shit. I've tried with a drunk driver swerving across all lanes of i-25, and the dispatcher was a bitch to me. I called them twice to give them updates as to position, but I never saw one cop on the entire road. I've thought about making it a game- every time I go through denver, call myself in as a drunk driver and see if I EVER get pulled over.
\rant.
I have encountered this type of behavior... it was on the last ride I actually did on my sm. Asshole swerved out and almost clipped several riders, then started throwing 2X4s out the window at the rest that decided to stay behind. What do you know, it was a rapist van. Wish I would have had some rocks in my pocket.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
To get good results, the same tag must be reported 3 or more times in a 30 day period. I call the line WEEKLY to report dangerous drivers. The only thing to do is to KEEP calling on these people.

You give up, and people are going to die.

mtnairlover
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM
So, what road were you on? Not too sure I wanna be on the same road as this exemplary citizen.:shocked:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 10:08 AM
To get good results, the same tag must be reported 3 or more times in a 30 day period. I call the line WEEKLY to report dangerous drivers. The only thing to do is to KEEP calling on these people.

You give up, and people are going to die.

I wonder how many phone calls that they have received concerning a yellow honduh? :D

Devaclis
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
I wonder how many phone calls that they have received concerning a yellow honduh? :D

They don't call. They just try to beat me, run me off the road, and break my bike. No CSP involved :)

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 10:25 AM

I dunno, but I bet they all sounded like this:

BBBWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAmotorAAAAAcycleAAAAAjackaassAAA AAloudAAAAAdrivingAAAAAbuttsecksAAAAApuppyAAAAAAAf ucknuggetAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!damnit!!!

Ricky
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I called *CSP once at 2am on the way home while driving behind a guy that nearly took me off the road and almost smashed his car into the concrete barrier where an exit split off. He was obviously wasted, driving like 80-90 on I25. I called, someone answered, I told them I had a drunk driver in front of me. THey put me on hold.... I waited, I waited, I waited, I waited, I waited, I waited and I waited some more. 5 minutes went by. By that time, the driver had taken a different direction than I was going, and I was home. Nobody ever came on the line, so I fucking hung up.

Bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

ihavealegohead
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Why not dial 911 put the phone back in your helmet on speaker? Follow the tard till they show up? Just tell them the guy is chasing a bike and trying to run it off the road. The bike isn't able to outrun them because of the sand...

Xtremjeepn
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
*csp won't do shit. I've tried with a drunk driver swerving across all lanes of i-25, and the dispatcher was a bitch to me. I called them twice to give them updates as to position, but I never saw one cop on the entire road. I've thought about making it a game- every time I go through denver, call myself in as a drunk driver and see if I EVER get pulled over.
\rant.
I have encountered this type of behavior... it was on the last ride I actually did on my sm. Asshole swerved out and almost clipped several riders, then started throwing 2X4s out the window at the rest that decided to stay behind. What do you know, it was a rapist van. Wish I would have had some rocks in my pocket.

You guys have to consider that "*CSP" is calling the state partol dispatch. The odds of having a State Trooper near by and not busy are slim.

Even if you dial 911 to get ahold of the local jurisdiction you may find that they are simply not close or available at the time you call.

It does not mean that the system can't or doesn't work. It just means that there are times when it won't.

Do a little math and you will see what I mean.

City of Denver alone is about 1 million residents. I would bet there are only in the ballpark of 100 officers on the duty at any given moment. Send AT LEAST 2 cops to each call for safety and in the ENTIRE city you can only service 50 events at a time.

How many CSP officers do you think are REALLY lurking at any given moment in the metro area? 5? Maybe? Think of how many miles of roads there are.

tarded400
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Actually the call is dispatched to the local agency. But, it is dispatched to the LOCAL agency. Aka, the person is out of the jurisdiction before cops can respond. My wife is a cop and says they get calls all the time about it, but don't usually bother because they only have about 4 miles of i-25, and by the time the call is finished, the person is out of the jurisdiction. I told the dispatcher that he was heading north at about 80 mph, so unless she advised the dept 10 or 15 miles down the road theres no way they will catch them. She wasn't happy with her job apparently, so she acted like a bitch.

Joecycle
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Joe here. I was on the SV and was the first bike the A-hole tried it on.

We were on Pine Valley Rd (Hwy 126?) coming northbound, one lane each way in the canyon. I was following behind him, not sure when he got on the road, but it was tight and no room to pass, so I hung back behind him. Cruising the same speed as him, obviously back far enough to not be eating the rocks and sand his tires toss up.
We hit a section of road where it's double yellow, but plenty of space for a bike to pass. I put on my signal, begin to go around him and he jerks over to the left real hard. I slam on my brakes and back off. All I can think is "HOLY $H!T" The smart thing I did was back way off, let him have his room and decided to wait for a dashed yellow, or a second lane. BUT NO! IT GETS BETTER.... The jerk then 100 yards down the road decides to slam on his brakes, locks it up, angles the truck so it covers our lane and part of the opposing lane. I immediately slow down...don't know what the idiot is going to do. Is he getting out with a gun? or a bat? or just going to start trouble? I gun it, quickly go around him to get the hell out of the situation. As I drive by, he gives me the finger. I didn't egg him on and return the sign of affection though. Also his wife is in the passenger seat! So I'm by him....AND IT GETS BETTER... Now he guns it, puts on his high beams and starts coming after me. WTF?!?!?! I keep my cool, focus on the road in front of me, but move as quickly as possible. Eventually come up on another car and go around them to put a buffer between us. Hit horsepower hill and don't see him till I get to 285, after I had been pulled over with the group for a while....

Phew....short story long. Needless to say I am #2 report on his ass!

I'm serious when I say if I had a *something*something* in my coat I would have added some speed holes to that pickup. A couple in the tires at least.

Spongebutt
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
What do you think he'd have done if several folks simply followed him, at a safe distance, all the way home? Wouldn't want to do his laundry, as the chicken ***t would have likely soiled himself. Piece of garbage. Probably beats his puppy.

Speedwagon
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
You guys have to consider that "*CSP" is calling the state partol dispatch. The odds of having a State Trooper near by and not busy are slim.

Even if you dial 911 to get ahold of the local jurisdiction you may find that they are simply not close or available at the time you call.

It does not mean that the system can't or doesn't work. It just means that there are times when it won't.

Do a little math and you will see what I mean.

City of Denver alone is about 1 million residents. I would bet there are only in the ballpark of 100 officers on the duty at any given moment. Send AT LEAST 2 cops to each call for safety and in the ENTIRE city you can only service 50 events at a time.

How many CSP officers do you think are REALLY lurking at any given moment in the metro area? 5? Maybe? Think of how many miles of roads there are.

Heh, this obviously isn't Illinois then. A city of 5,000 can have 5 or more cops on duty at one time. But then, I'm glad to be out of the police state Illinois has become.

While driving from MD to CA one time, I saw more cops in IL than I did in all the other states combined.

Also, back in IL, I called in to report someone(don't remember what for now), and they asked me my heading and road, and tried to transfer me to the appropriate jurisdication before I got there. So they can always do that as well.

BigE
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I've called the *CSP line once coming home from Denver because what I thought was a drunk. Called in, they said they'd get someone out there, the guy almost takes out someone else so I call back and they kept me on the line and had me follow him (yes, I got to speed when necessary with the ok of the CSP!) and they got an officer out there. Turned out to be some 80yr old guy that shouldn't be driving.

tarded400
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Of course, since his reason for being incompotent and a danger to everyone was that he was old, they told him to have a nice day and sent him on his way.

BlueDog
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I've called the *CSP line once coming home from Denver because what I thought was a drunk. Called in, they said they'd get someone out there, the guy almost takes out someone else so I call back and they kept me on the line and had me follow him (yes, I got to speed when necessary with the ok of the CSP!) and they got an officer out there. Turned out to be some 80yr old guy that shouldn't be driving.

Yup, the CSP line can work and is actually kind of a rush helping them get someone :)...

Driving back up to fort collins last night we saw a guy that was all over the road, called csp and when we got close to where a state patrol officer was they called us back to get updates on him. Cop came tearing out from the middle lane, pulled over the guy and we and another car that had called stopped behind him to give the officer statements. Turned out the guy had had way too much to drink, was doing 85 down the highway, and had had a car full of passengers. Had we not called in the driver, his car full of passengers, and a number of other innocent drivers could have ended up dead. So, just because csp doesnt always work, dont assume it is a waste of time to call them...