PDA

View Full Version : Seat ?

Knuckle Dragger
Mon Mar 31st, 2008, 10:56 PM
So I scored on a roll of ostrich(sp) leather and was wanting to redo both seats on my Hayabusa. It looks like the material form Suzuki was stapled on there. So do I need to get my hands on a heavy duty staple gun or is there other ways to attach the material? Was kind of kicking arounf the idea of adding some gel under the seat. Does the gel come in a square or such and you cut to fit or do you have to have this special made? Was also thinking of having a pro do it but I like to learn new things and hate to spend money if I can do it.

gsxrscott
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 08:30 AM
A regular staple gun will work, it goes through the stock pan just fine. I would look at gel seat pads and find one that fits your seat. Mabey cut out some of the stock seat foam so it fits flush under your new covering.

Knuckle Dragger
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the info

DavidofColorado
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 09:33 AM
I was kicking around this idea a little and my sister (who is Martha Steward in Denver) said that I should get some memory foam and then fit a new cover around the new seat. Since I have noticed a little crack in my seat and its going to need replacing it sounds like the right time. If you go with the gel let us know how it works and I will let "us" know how the foam works for comparison. We maybe able to help others in the future.

I use a air stapler it saves your wrist but a regular staple gun should work fine too.