PDA

View Full Version : IMI Sat. 4/5?

BugHunter
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
The weather should be great, no tard races, and no go-cart races. I'll be there for sure and it's allways better when we have lots of sportbikes there. If you are planning on showing remember we share the track with cart rentals and they are usually buisier later in the day so showing up early=more track time.

cromer611
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 08:51 PM
my tranny blew up dude. so the black kawi is resting till first race, if i can even get parts and throw the new tranny back in by then : (

BugHunter
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
sorry to hear it, hope you can make the first race.

pauliep
Tue Apr 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM
I will try to be there at 0900

Mae
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
I was suggesting to a couple friends to go out there this weekend so they could play a lil bit and so I could get some pics!
I'll see if they are still up for it, if so, I'll be there!

green_zx7r
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 08:11 AM
I'll be there by 10-11am.

Look forward to seeing you all again. :)

Yusuke

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
I'm planning on being there.

Dirk

rybo
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
I'll be there by 10-11am.

Look forward to seeing you all again. :)

Yusuke

Damn...if you're gonna be there then I HAVE to show up...

It will be good to see you my friend, it's been too long.

Scott

Slo
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
i will be out there, just trying to see if i can get my tires put on..... either way though ill make it there.

Sortarican
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
i will be out there, just trying to see if i can get my tires put on..... either way though ill make it there.

What part of town are you in Jay?
I have one of those Harbor Freight manual tire stations.
Mounted my new rear tire last weekend and will be doing the front this weekend.
If you want to swing by the Downtown Littleton area I can hook ya up.

Or I can throw it in the car and bring it out to IMI.
Maybe Bueller will let me crash...um, I mean ride...... his tard.

Slo
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hell if you make it out to IMI, and help change the tires, we can switch off every other session on my bike. Since I will not be riding every single session out there. Just let me know and thanks for the offer, I just don't have time this week to get my wheels to a shop.

*EDIT* Doug will be helping me bring the bike to IMI so I will be there....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Hmmmmmm.....might have to do this.......

All-Labout-me
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'll be there first thing Sat morning.
See everyone there.
-Doug

konichd
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
I'm a maybe, would be nice to shake down the 636 some more :)

rybo
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM

YEAH...get there!

pauliep
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Looks like there should be a good turn out. You strapping on the the tank cam Jay?

Slo
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah if it still works.... if anyone else has a minidv that i can borrow for the day and a couple of days afterwards, please bring it.....

pauliep
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
oh no, what happened to yours?

Slo
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
got a little messed up at PMI from a bad tape. So if anyone wants video, bring your camcorder and I will get you on video, but I will need to borrow the camcorder for another day or two to upload/edit it.....

And if I crash, I'm not responsible for what happens to it haha.

pauliep
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Remember, no racing at IMI...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=210_1198873001
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e04_1198873351

Bueller
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe Bueller will let me crash...um, I mean ride...... his tard.
I won't be there with all these street bikes showing up.
You people should go to PMI or the canyons, IMI SUCKS!

Sortarican
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:42 PM

You trailering the bike if you go?
Got room for another scooter?

I won't be there....You people should go to PMI or the canyons, IMI SUCKS!

Ahhh....reverse psychology....that old chestnut.

konichd
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM
^^^Jeff, its Shortcake's call whether I go or not. If so I'll have room for your scoot. Afterall, the sleevless shirts will allow for plenty of room :)

teamhypoxia
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Remember, no racing at IMI...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=210_1198873001
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e04_1198873351

That's bad-ass! I wonder how long I have to wait before my 1-1/2 yr. old boy can do that?
He's gonna do that and mutton-bustin' FTW! (i always wanted to use that acronym)

oh and Jay, I may have a camera for you if I end up going. I'm scared of cold pavement though so it's gotta be warm.

pauliep
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
I was hoping someone would check out those vids

green_zx7r
Wed Apr 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Damn...if you're gonna be there then I HAVE to show up...

It will be good to see you my friend, it's been too long.

Scott

Sweeeet! Would love to see ya there my friend!

It will definitely be good to relieve some stress and unwind from working so damn much! :( I pretty much have no life outside of work these days... I think I saw my daughter awake maybe one day in the last two weeks! :banghead:

ducgirl46
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Wish I could make it. Have fun!

Sortarican
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Looks likely that I'll be up Saturday. Dana and Linda are thinking of coming up too.

Jay,
I'll bring the tire station with me.
What time are you planning on getting there?

Don't know if I feel comfortable borrowing your bike. I'd hate to lay it down.
Still trying to decide if I'll bring mine or not.

pauliep
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
I was trying to get T-byrd to go but she's got a swing arm to put on and plug wire to replace.

rybo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I was trying to get T-byrd to go but she's got a swing arm to put on and plug wire to replace.

What happened to the swing arm?

pauliep
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
We got a new one for it. I duno if you heard about the issues it had last year... but the bolts on the rear tire weren't tighten all the way or something and it was doing some damage to the swing arm. I didn't think it hurt the integrity of bike but she felt I it needed to be replaced. Maybe there was something else wrong that I didn't know about but doubtful to me.

rybo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Bummer, didn't know that.

Anyways, if she needs a hand putting it back together, let me know. She was a lifesaver at Miller last year and I owe her for that. I know she hasn't been on here in a while, so, you get to be the telegraph.

S

pauliep
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
No problem, I've been doing an ok job of passing things on. That reminds me to ask her if she wanted to attend the road racing clinic. She was interested when I brought it up last.

Slo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Jay,
I'll bring the tire station with me.
What time are you planning on getting there?

Don't know if I feel comfortable borrowing your bike. I'd hate to lay it down.

Well I actually have another guy that will be there on Saturday to change the tires, just found out.... So thanks for the offer but don't worry about it. Also....don't worry about borrowing my bike, the race plastics were very cheap so I'm not worried about it unless you wad up the bike completely haha. I'm sure you will be semi-carefull.

Sortarican
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
.... So thanks for the offer but don't worry about it....

In the word of Forrest Gump: "That's good...one less thing."

Plus we don't have to worry about getting up there early.
So heavy drinking is an option for Friday night....win/win.:drink:

rybo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
In the word of Forrest Gump: "That's good...one less thing."

Plus we don't have to worry about getting up there early.
So heavy drinking is an option for Friday night....win/win.:drink:

I'm bringing the R6....you should too!

Sortarican
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm bringing the R6....you should too!

Would prefer to wait till I have some other peices/parts installed, but it's a possibility.
Probably 50/50 on riding right now.
If I don't it'll still be fun to just hang out and drink beer while you guys ride.
(Anybody need a really ugly umbrella girl?)

Sortarican
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
What's the deal on coolant at IMI.
Have they gone to water only yet?

Slo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
nope

firefghtr
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
so i might be up there with the new bike, depending on a couple things, even if the bike is not ready i still might come up. and hang wichya jay

Slo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah Garret, would be good to see you again, it's been a while.

firefghtr
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
what time are you heading up there

Slo
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
I should be up there no later than 0930-10am

firefghtr
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
alright sweet. well i wont be getting home till 930-10 from work so ill call ya and see if your still up there when im ready

firefghtr
Thu Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
you know what i just thought of this im an idiot. lol. even if my bike isnt ready i can still bring the 250 up and ride dirty, so ill be there

ZX Rider
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I think I'll be there.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Fark! Much as I'd love to, gonna have to skip this one. Got to get ready for my trip to Cleveland Tuesday.

Have fun and be safe guys!

firefghtr
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
ATTENTION+++ my new race boots are on order still, does anyone have an extra pair say size 91/2 i could borrow tomorrow?

HOTCARCASS
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm in see ya around 9

r6srider
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I am new at this site. Where is the track to race at? Maybe I can meet some members here and ride together.

rybo
Fri Apr 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM
The track is up north at the Erie Dacono exit. It's a 1 mile track with 10 turns and in most ways is a bit too small for sportbikes. Most won't make it out of second gear. That being said, it's a place to ride around where there isn't gravel, guardrails or oncoming traffic. No racing...just some fun tracktime.

Scott

Slo
Sat Apr 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Was definitely good seeing old faces out there again!!!!

dirkterrell
Sat Apr 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Pretty good turnout today. I snapped a couple of pics:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/IMI2008Apr05/DSC04649b.jpg

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/IMI2008Apr05/DSC04650b.jpg

In the ~5 hours I was there, three ambulance calls were made but none for any of the asphalt riders. :up:

Dirk

Slo
Sat Apr 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Big thanks to Ian for taking the time to come out for a tire change.....

Video posted in pics/vid section, sorry didn't get everyone on it :(

firefghtr
Sat Apr 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
scott thanks again for bringing those boots out even though i ended up not needing them

r6srider
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Hello incase no one new their is a track made for goat carts here in Centennial Colorado next to Arapaho RD. They might allow bikers to ride the course also. Does anyone here live in Douglas County as I do to meet and discuss the club? Take care homies. Maybe we can all have a rocket pocket race at a track for fun then grill some killa steaks after wards. Peace Here is the address and contact info for veiwers.

The Track at Centennial
Corporate Office 9797 East Easter Ave. Suite A.
Centennial, CO 80112
Phone: 303-708-9400
Fax: 303-708-9401
jim@thetrack.us (jim@thetrack.us)

rybo
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 06:18 AM
At this point "The Track" does not allow bikes of any kind.

Hello incase no one new their is a track made for goat carts here in Centennial Colorado next to Arapaho RD. They might allow bikers to ride the course also. Does anyone here live in Douglas County as I do to meet and discuss the club? Take care homies. Maybe we can all have a rocket pocket race at a track for fun then grill some killa steaks after wards. Peace Here is the address and contact info for veiwers.

The Track at Centennial
Corporate Office 9797 East Easter Ave. Suite A.
Centennial, CO 80112
Phone: 303-708-9400
Fax: 303-708-9401
jim@thetrack.us (jim@thetrack.us)

rybo
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 06:18 AM
scott thanks again for bringing those boots out even though i ended up not needing them

My pleasure sir, I hope you had a great time!

Slo
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hello incase no one new their is a track made for "goat carts" here in Centennial Colorado next to Arapaho RD.

Must be the same owners as this?
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/618/myridero4.jpg

ZX Rider
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Must be the same owners as this?
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/618/myridero4.jpg
:lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hey Dirk, nice seeing you again last Thursday, as usual. I REALLY like your 20th anniversary-edition Gixxer 750. IMO, Suzuki REALLY f#cked up in not doing that for the 20th anniversary of the 1000 in '06. It would have been nice to have my original (Blu/Wht) '86 and an '06 as bookends. Ah well..... Maybe they'll pull their heads out and do a 25th anniversary edition? Just as long as they don't pull a "Hardley-Ableson" and do an "anniversary" edition every 5 friggin' years.....

dirkterrell
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hey Dirk, nice seeing you again last Thursday, as usual. I REALLY like your 20th anniversary-edition Gixxer 750.

Thanks man. Great seeing you again and having some time to chew the fat Thursday evening. I hope to make it a regular trip again now that we've turned the corner on winter. Yeah, I really liked the paint scheme on the 20th anni model. Scott got some great shots of it in action on Saturday:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/IMI2008Apr05/IMGP3701b.jpg

Hope you can get out there soon!

Dirk

r6srider
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
The track is far did not know it was in queblo. Are the cops cool on the way their I know no body rides the speed limit it is a good place to open up your bike. I took my Jetta down their and opened it up to 117 MP but slowed due to high wind gusts. Just a question I am buying a 2007 or 2008 Yamaha R6s does anyone know the top speed of the bike and are their goveners on bikes as well as cars?

Slo
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 09:08 PM
If your headed to the track or from, not trying to tell you how to ride, but you can get your aggressions out while at the track. IMI is where we were just at yesterday, just 10 miles north up on I-25 & 120th ave, Erie/Dacono exit.....

firefghtr
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 09:41 PM
and im sure the top speed is prolly more than you'll need or every get to anyway. and bikes dont have goveners, they have rev limiters so you dont blow your engine

dragos13
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 12:29 PM
The track is far did not know it was in queblo. Are the cops cool on the way their I know no body rides the speed limit it is a good place to open up your bike. I took my Jetta down their and opened it up to 117 MP but slowed due to high wind gusts. Just a question I am buying a 2007 or 2008 Yamaha R6s does anyone know the top speed of the bike and are their goveners on bikes as well as cars?

top speed is only important if you have a track with a long enough straight. at pueblo you should be able to hit 130 if you get a good drive out of ten. please dont be a fool and become another statistic by trying to reach top speed on the street. remember, things can and do happen even on the track, and especially on the street.

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
please dont be a fool and become another statistic by trying to reach top speed on the street.

Yes, like the total fucktard Jay, Diego and I saw going home from the racing clinic. We were cruising along with heavy traffic on I-25 at about 70 or so and this dumbass came flying up on our right at 100+ easy and cut across all the lanes of traffic at close to full lean, all at once in between a bunch of cars. He is a statistic waiting to happen and by the looks of it, he won't have to wait long. I just hope he doesn't kill someone besides himself.

Dirk

Vehicle 1
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM
He is a statistic waiting to happen and by the looks of it, he won't have to wait long. I just hope he doesn't kill someone besides himself.

+1

That guy was an idiot. I saw him coming from behind and was not speeding to much, but he caught up and immediately started getting excited to pass and show off to us, It seemed that way at least. Just his body language hinted to me what type of maneuver he was about to do… predictable retard.

D.

Slo
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, like the total fucktard Jay, Diego and I saw going home from the racing clinic. We were cruising along with heavy traffic on I-25 at about 70 or so and this dumbass came flying up on our right at 100+ easy and cut across all the lanes of traffic at close to full lean, all at once in between a bunch of cars. He is a statistic waiting to happen and by the looks of it, he won't have to wait long. I just hope he doesn't kill someone besides himself.

Dirk

+1

That guy was an idiot. I saw him coming from behind and was not speeding to much, but he caught up and immediately started getting excited to pass and show off to us, It seemed that way at least. Just his body language hinted to me what type of maneuver he was about to do… predictable retard.

D.

Did you see him almost not make the express lane, cutting into the carpool lane? For a second, I didn't think he would make it..... But yeah, can't you tell that I am thoroughly impressed?:banghead:

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Did you see him almost not make the express lane, cutting into the carpool lane? For a second, I didn't think he would make it..... But yeah, can't you tell that I am thoroughly impressed?:banghead:

Yeah, I thought we were about to see a body rolling under multiple cars. If he keeps riding like that, it won't be long. Lady Luck will be looking the other way at some point. I guess he exited before that motorcycle cop we saw with the radar gun. He was going lose-your-bike speed.

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks man. Great seeing you again and having some time to chew the fat Thursday evening. I hope to make it a regular trip again now that we've turned the corner on winter. Yeah, I really liked the paint scheme on the 20th anni model. Scott got some great shots of it in action on Saturday:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/IMI2008Apr05/IMGP3701b.jpg

Hope you can get out there soon!

Dirk
Suh-WHEET! Nice pic! Isn't it blasphemy wearing an old Spencer helmet though? :) Needs to get yat a Schwantz helmet ta match!

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Suh-WHEET! Nice pic! Isn't it blasphemy wearing an old Spencer helmet though? :) Needs to get yat a Schwantz helmet ta match!

My Schwantz replica is toast. I just have it on display in the garage. :) I bought the Spencer replica for the Hondas but I like it so much more than my RF-1000 (matches the Gixxer's paint scheme) that I wear it all the time. :) If they make a Schwantz replica in the RX7, I'll probably get one.

Dirk