PDA

View Full Version : Any trips?

cutfromabove
Sat Apr 5th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Hey everyone, I want to go for a trip this summer. I've been thinking of a few ideas for trips, but wanted to know if anyone else was planning some trips. I'm new to sportbikes and I don't know very many people who ride... Thanks Jeff

honda919
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM
i know in july i have my dad and my ucle coming up from kansas city.. My uncle will either be on his ducati or his klr and my dad wiill be on his 71 beemer 65/5 and i will be on the 9er.. We are thinking of going towards yellowstone or up to northdakota! Keep me posted...

chad23
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
i know in july i have my dad and my ucle coming up from kansas city.. My uncle will either be on his ducati or his klr and my dad wiill be on his 71 beemer 65/5 and i will be on the 9er.. We are thinking of going towards yellowstone or up to northdakota! Keep me posted...

Thanks for forgetting me there honda. And you forgot Utah in June for AMA/FIM
PS Your my friend now

Fly boy
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
if you are up for some trips around 2800, or 3500 miles I can let you know what our routes are.

honda919
Thu Apr 10th, 2008, 08:49 PM
i told you about it dingle berry! And i didnt want to start inviting people i didnt know on the trip to utah i didnt want to make anyone mad.. GP

Thanks for forgetting me there honda. And you forgot Utah in June for AMA/FIM
PS Your my friend now

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 11th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Planning on heading north in June. I'm going as far as I can in two weeks :)

Carl

Jason ON
Fri Apr 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Planning on heading north in June. I'm going as far as I can in two weeks :)

Carl

During rush hour? You might make it to Ft Collins.

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM
During rush hour? You might make it to Ft Collins.

Weird, I made it to Labrador Canada in 2 weeks. I expect I can get about the same distance depending on weather and such :D

Carl

Jason ON
Fri Apr 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Where is Labrador?

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Where is Labrador?

Head east until you get to the Atlantic Ocean. Head north until you get to New Brunswick in Canada, head a little more east into Nova Scotia up to the tip. Take the ferry across to Newfoundland. Follow the west coast on up to the next ferry. Take that across to Quebec. Head north again and you'll cross over into Labrador.

It was a 9,600 mile trip.

http://schelin.org/20060610/route.png

Carl

cutfromabove
Fri Apr 18th, 2008, 12:06 AM
That's a nice trip!!!

Clovis
Fri Apr 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
There is a 3 day trip to New Mexico and a splash of Arizona next Friday. Details are in the Southern Colorado forum under "weekend trip plans".