PDA

View Full Version : exhaust pipe scratches?

Richard
Sun Apr 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Not really sure if this is the right place for this but here it is. My exhaust has some scratches on the color not deep in the metal and I was wondering what I can do to fix it or make it less noticeable, or if its even easily fixable. I didnt know if touch up paint would work nor have i seen this color.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/rickG1K/exhaust1.jpg

Spiderman
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I don't think touch up paint would work cuz it wouldn't stand up to the heat. Other than leaving it as is, or replacing it, the only thing I can think of is get some hi-temp paint (like for BBQ's) and repaint the whole thing. I know they have a few different colors, but I've only ever seen black and silver, and I think the silver is lighter than what you've got now. :dunno:

Anybody else got any ideas?

Richard
Tue Apr 8th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Yea thats what i thought, i just didn't know if there was anyway of making it less noticable.

jimwallace
Tue Apr 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
how hot does it get? can you touch it momentarily without burning your hand? if you can than i can match the color.

Ricky
Tue Apr 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Would liquid porcelain chip repair be able to stand that type of heat?

RyNo24
Tue Apr 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
What about high heat engine paint, you may be able to get a color close to the pipe and at least make it less noticeable.