PDA

View Full Version : Weird Advertisements

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Is anyone else getting odd advertisements in the upper right hand corner? I'm getting them on every page i open up where the sitesponsors are.

Anyone else?

VFR
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 11:02 AM
If it is the scrolling one they have been there forever and you were just to high to ever notice....lol

rforsythe
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Umm, no.... The only ads you'll see at present are the R2SL ones. And we have the scrolling marquee. What are you seeing?

swademaster
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Nope

Aracheon
Mon Apr 7th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Someone broke into your internetz and is stealing your pr0nz.

The Black Knight
Sat Apr 12th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Umm, no.... The only ads you'll see at present are the R2SL ones. And we have the scrolling marquee. What are you seeing?

yeah Ralph, I'm getting the weird ads too. I've been getting them for at least the last couple weeks. Survey ads, Phone ads and those stupid ads that have sound in them(like a beep or error sound)As I type this, there is a ad for Verizon for a Silver Razr free with activation. I do get the R2SL's ad but only every fifth time maybe?

For me they appear right above the scrolling marquee.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 01:55 PM
that's exactly what i WAS getting...but ever since that one day it hasn't happened again.

RyNo24
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I am only getting the R2SL ones

salsashark
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
You gots da spywarez!

Commence with the cleaning.

rforsythe
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
So far I haven't been able to find anything in our software that could cause this. I think it's a user-end thing, possibly some adware or something that recognizes where ad banners live on web pages and replaces them.