PDA

View Full Version : Regional Series - NM / CO Ladies

Grant_Me_Revenge
Sat Apr 12th, 2008, 03:59 AM
For 2008 the MRA and the SMRI are excited to announce a Regional Ladies Cup Series/Challenge - this is set for both grids of the New Mexico's SMRI Formula Femme and Colorado's MRA Ladies of the Rockies (LoR) racing together to compete in this Ladies Only Championship!!!

The Women of the West series will consist of a total of 4 rounds - 2 in Pueblo and 2 at the Sandia Motorspeedway in Albuquerque, NM

The Series is set for

SMRI - May 17/18
MRA - June 28/29 at Pueblo
MRA - August 8/9 at Pueblo
SMRI - October 18/19

At these rounds points count toward the local AND regional title, at the end of the Women of the West regional series a champion will be crowned!!!

Would like to thank both MRA and SMRI boards, which approved this Regional Series between both ladies classes in Formula Femme and the LoR this year to come together - participating in a first time ever CO/NM ladies championship within each of our respective race series!!!!!

The SMRI has hosted events like this in the past and has extended the invitation to the MRA's LoR - and it is the racers of the SMRI that have to invest a little extra time, effort and money to get their bikes prepped to the MRA technical specifications and are doing so without hesitation!

This truly is a great opportunity to increase awareness and participation for both clubs and the sport!!!! Congratulations Ladies!!!

(more information on the SMRI race series / schedule please visit http://www.smri-racing.org/ (http://www.smri-racing.org/) )

dirkterrell
Sat Apr 12th, 2008, 07:29 AM
This is awesome! :up:

Dirk

ZiaThunder
Sat Apr 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I can not wait! This is going to be a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to meeting more of CO women

500rgurl
Sat Apr 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Wahoooo! NM here we come!!! :)

ZiaThunder
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM
These races are going to be the most exciting races of the weekend... or at least that was the case on Sunday!

Watching Sasha, Edda and Divinia battle it out for the top three placings in the Formula Femme race this past weekends was amazing!

Sortarican
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
You've come a long way Baby!
(And at a surprisingly high rate of speed too.)

These series are going to be so much fun, can't wait to root you all on.:applause:

lovinCO
Wed Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Watching Sasha, Edda and Divinia battle it out for the top three placings in the Formula Femme race this past weekends was amazing!

Does anyone know the results of this race? I looked on the SMRI site but they're not posted yet. Go Sasha! :)

jplracing
Wed Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Sasha pulled the holeshot, railed the outside to pass edda, then came up underneath divina to lead the first few laps...unfortunatly she had a contact come out and was only able to ride with on eye. She would eventually finish third. I believe (cause I don't remember) Edda won with Divinia second

For the first WOW race...I will be super glueing her contacts in place!

Joe