PDA

View Full Version : MRA #211

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Just found out this morning that I'll be MRA #211 this season. Just look for the slow guy on the 750 Gixxer if you can't make out the number plates. :)

Coming out of a 20-year retirement to show that old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Awesome, good luck Dirk! :up:

Devaclis
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Sweet! Have fun out there :)

rybo
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
1st practice the following quote over and over- "It's just a mild mannered 600" (stolen from Bartman)

Looking forward to seeing you out there Dirk.

Scott

Sortarican
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Kick some ass on the gap bike Dirk!:up:

64BonnieLass
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM
:yay: Whoo hoo. You'll be great!

dragos13
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Congrats and good luck. Stop by my pits if you ever need help, or just want some free Monster Energy drinks!!!

I can't wait to race, its NEXT WEEKEND :hump:

konichd
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Nice of Dirk to race the Suzuki and give the kids a chance :) If he was on a Honda........

pauliep
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:13 PM
sweet action!

lovinCO
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Congrats Dirk, can't wait to watch you whoop up!

firefghtr
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
how did yo find out your number?

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Nice of Dirk to race the Suzuki and give the kids a chance :) If he was on a Honda........

The bike isn't going to be the limiting factor. :) That said, I'm still trying to get this I-4 powerband figured out. If Honda would make a V-4 supersport like the RC30/45 with modern technology, I'd be happy camper.

Kick some ass on the gap bike Dirk!:up:

In my first round of racing, the 750 was the new class with the liter bikes having been pushed aside. I really do like the 750 as a race machine.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm just out to have fun and get back into the racing community. I have very fond memories of it in the 3 years I raced, before graduate school and getting a career going put an end to it. We've got a good team of novices put together for this year (all CSCers), some of whom are pretty damn fast and once we get everything sorted out, we'll let you know who to root for. :)

Oh, and Scott, I'd like to get together with you sometime about the safety wiring, etc. I'm not going to mess with any of that until after the MRA class on Friday though.

Dirk

Sortarican
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
LOL,

Rocket Surgeon Racing.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!
http://www.donaldsensing.com/Pix/0503/its_alive-fstn.jpg

Unfortunetly I'm already spoken for on the umbrella boy duties.
But let me know if you need an Egor for your pit crew.
http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/9A/43/BF/i9A43BF9C-E360-4ECA-8F0B-2A311C1EC7B8.jpg

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
how did yo find out your number?

Email from Tony Baker this morning (mainly concerning something else though).

Dirk

rybo
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Oh, and Scott, I'd like to get together with you sometime about the safety wiring, etc. I'm not going to mess with any of that until after the MRA class on Friday though.

Dirk

You bet!...you and your bike are welcome in my garage anytime. Just give me a call.

Scott

Sully
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Awesome Dirk, best of luck ! :up:

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 02:01 PM
LOL,

Rocket Surgeon Racing.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Unfortunetly I'm already spoken for on the umbrella boy duties.
But let me know if you need an Egor for your pit crew.

:) Mad Scientist Racing might be more apropos for me but we're still tossing around ideas. If you can find a way to give me 30 more horses legally on the front straight at Pueblo so I won't get smoked by the liter bikes, you can be crew chief. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

pilot
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Ring Racing

What's that planet between Saturn and Neptune called?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Congrats Dirk...now on to your Orbital Mechanics homework. Pull out Mr. Newton's Law of Motion and figure your line out for each track!

Good luck man.

LQ3
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Congrats! Dirk

sky_blue
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
<--jealous .......GOOD LUCK MAN!

~Barn~
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Noyce! :headbang:

pilot
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Congrats Dirk...now on to your Orbital Mechanics homework. Pull out Mr. Newton's Law of Motion and figure your line out for each track!

Good luck man.How about the centripetal force near the apogee of each turn, at the speed of your choosing, assuming a constant radius and hot winds blowing from the south approximately equal to or lesser than DK's recent blog on Kawasaki supremacy taken in with some observance to cyclonic disruption forces associated with a 300 denier white cotton corner workers shirt + some standard of kinetic friction of gravelies and tar patches therein.:crazy:

Nice bike. I'm starting to think about converting the old GS750....

Sortarican
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM
... If you can find a way to give me 30 more horses legally on the front straight at Pueblo so I won't get smoked by the liter bikes, you can be crew chief. Dirk

No problem.
I have developed a new fuel additive based on bio-diesel and methamphetamine.
Guaranteed to add an additional 20 rwhp.
(Though you're bike may need a 12 step program after a couple races.)

lovinCO
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
:) Mad Scientist Racing might be more apropos for me but we're still tossing around ideas. If you can find a way to give me 30 more horses legally on the front straight at Pueblo so I won't get smoked by the liter bikes, you can be crew chief. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

Legally--schmegally! In the classes you're running you can do most anything. Do 1000 cranks still fit in the new 750 cases? :)

Sean
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Sweet Dirk. Give'em hell!

Aracheon
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Now that's funny... I'm #411! :D

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 08:40 PM
No problem.
I have developed a new fuel additive based on bio-diesel and methamphetamine.
Guaranteed to add an additional 20 rwhp.
(Though you're bike may need a 12 step program after a couple races.)

I knew I could count on you! :)

Legally--schmegally! In the classes you're running you can do most anything. Do 1000 cranks still fit in the new 750 cases? :)

I think I just found the team manager. :)

Now that's funny... I'm #411! :D

:) That has to be a good sign. We're gonna have a blast out there.

Dirk

Aracheon
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
:) That has to be a good sign. We're gonna have a blast out there.

Dirk

Are you doing the race school on Friday?

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Are you doing the race school on Friday?

Yep.

Dirk

CBRSue
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Congratulations #211 & #411!!! You know I'll be rooting for you guys! :)

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Congratulations #211 & #411!!! You know I'll be rooting for you guys! :)

The north-central crew FTW! :)

Dirk

mtnairlover
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Chris is #411? So Chris...I need some info please...tee hee.

Congrats to both you and Dirk and I'll be routing for you guys. Dayum, now we gotta get some Northie representation out there...anyone need a snow bunny umbrella girl...picturing Nanuk of the North type of get-up.:-D

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Congrats to both you and Dirk and I'll be routing for you guys. Dayum, now we gotta get some Northie representation out there...anyone need a snow bunny umbrella girl...picturing Nanuk of the North type of get-up.:-D

I'm betting that wouldn't be much fun come July. :)

Dirk

Aracheon
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 11:58 AM
The north-central crew FTW! :)

Dirk

:headbang:

Chris is #411? So Chris...I need some info please...tee hee.

I wonder how many 411 jokes I'm gonna hear before the season is over. :lol:

jplracing
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hey Rybo

Does this mean we have to let Dirk and Chris join the CSC Special Olympic Race Team?

rybo
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Yes, I'm giving up the pole vault this year...someone else can take that event if they want.

Aracheon
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Hey Rybo

Does this mean we have to let Dirk and Chris join the CSC Special Olympic Race Team?

:lol: :doublefinger: :lol:

jplracing
Thu Apr 17th, 2008, 08:44 PM
:lol: :doublefinger: :lol:

Hey Chris,

Just cause you are more "special" than the rest of us special olyimpians doesn't mean you have to be rude!

Maybe Scott can teach you how to do the "tuck and role" portion of our program???

J

Aracheon
Fri Apr 18th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hey Chris,

Just cause you are more "special" than the rest of us special olyimpians doesn't mean you have to be rude!

Maybe Scott can teach you how to do the "tuck and role" portion of our program???

J

As long as I get to bring my shiny red Radio Flyer and mumble incoherent slogans about chocolate while biting my hand and hitting myself in the back of the head, I'm all about it. :D

Wahooman
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Can't wait to see all of you out there. As Scott and others have stated if you need anything just give a shout or come by the pits.

CornerOne Racing

Good Luck to all!!

Curtis

firefghtr
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
so i got my number too. #456 im just hoping to place close to one of those numbers haha

dirkterrell
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
so i got my number too. #456 im just hoping to place close to one of those numbers haha

Cool. I'm really looking forward to next weekend.

And thanks Curtis. I'll stop by at some point and say hi.

Dirk

Wahooman
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Cool. I'm really looking forward to next weekend.

And thanks Curtis. I'll stop by at some point and say hi.

Dirk

Right on! I will be down Friday AM for practice. If you come by just don't let James Tittle one of my team mates scare ya away..LOL. This year are bikes are not all matching....otherwise I would say just look for red/silver.....

See ya there.

Slo
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Congrats on you three....... Dirk, when do we get to see your bike?

Aracheon
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 05:49 AM
You coulda seen it yesterday if you were at the race! :slap:

Slo
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM
yeah yeah, just got back into DIA late last night.