PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2strokers

edj
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I live in Nederland with only 2strokes. It would be great to organize a 2stroke gathering&ride sometime. Get all the sporty strokers out of the woodworks. We could meet somewhere on P2P or even here in Ned where all roads are good roads.

Anyone up for it?? There's gotta be others here who still burn the (smoky) 2stroke torch.

I have 2 RG500, 2 TZR250, NS250R and a couple old enduros.
http://edj.net/edj2strokes.jpg

Rednarb
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM
You could field your own 2-stroke riding club! All you gotta do is loan a few of us some bikes! :P

That's quite a cool collection! Why the lust for the 2-strokes?

edj
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Why the lust for the 2-strokes?

You'd have to ride one from Nederland to Wondervu to answer that. 4strokes are way heavy and have waay too much engine braking. Last one I rode (03 VFR750) felt like a jetski.

RG500... 90ish hp 340 pounds. TZR250 50ish hp 300 pounds. 2strokes are so light, nimble and quick. The sound. The smell. The powerband. The corner speeds. You don't know what you are missing! 2stroke 250s are the best handling sportbikes you can find. And a 500 can keep up with anything I've encountered on P2P.

Come to Ned and I'd be happy to show you.

siriuschris
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
omg nice collection!

I love small bikes.
Wish my Ninja 250 had a 2 stroke motor...sometimes lol

BigE
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM
:cry: I miss my H2 and RZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

edj
Sun Apr 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone who sells their 2stroke inevitably misses it! There are some sweet looking RZs on ebay right now but they have gotten expensive! A friend sold a perfectly good RZ in 91 for $1800. Probably could get $6-7k for it now, as much as RGs cost a few years ago.

HOTCARCASS
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Sorry to rob the thread but does anyone have a 50 or 250 smoker for sale or know where to get one. I'm looking for my 12 yr. old son. Getting him off the dirt. I'm also looking for a 08 250 ninj. I'm struggling to find either.

Sortarican
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Nice collection you have there. Gotta love the blue smoke.

I have a '74 RD350 Cafe project that just needs a little more attention to complete.

Rick (rlb454) is a big 2stroke fan though he's over on the west slope.
Last I talked to him he was trying to start up a vintage bike group in CO.
You might also check out usa2strokers.com and 2strokeworld.com for any CO mosquito foggers that might be up for a get together.

.. I'm also looking for a 08 250 ninj. I'm struggling to find either.

Here's an '07 that in great shape by all accounts:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20632

edj
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 11:41 AM
Sorry to rob the thread but does anyone have a 50 or 250 smoker for sale or know where to get one. I'm looking for my 12 yr. old son. Getting him off the dirt.

What a Dad!! My NS250R is for sale whenever I try to stretch my limited budget for a more desirable bike. I'd take $3000 right now as I have a line on a $7900 RG (a bargain anymore). The NS is more suited for race track (been raced) than street and is louder than my RG. The NS is the best handling of my current collection. Seems big for a 12 year old though!!!

edj
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM
I have a '74 RD350 Cafe project that just needs a little more attention to complete.

Maybe you need a gathering date so you have a deadline to get it sorted!

Rick (rlb454) is a big 2stroke fan though he's over on the west slope.
Last I talked to him he was trying to start up a vintage bike group in CO.
I think he was one of the only ones to respond to my post here last year looking for 2strokers.

You might also check out usa2strokers.com and 2strokeworld.com for any CO mosquito foggers that might be up for a get together.
I posted last year on usa2strokers looking for CO people. No responses! Will have to try the other one.

HOTCARCASS
Mon Apr 21st, 2008, 07:57 PM
Hey thanks for the response we'd have to sell his 105cc first. I've thought of converting his 105 to motard but na.

sandboxshooter
Thu May 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM
Eventually, I'll get my S2 back up and running.....need to find a good 2 stroke guy to get some work done though....know anyone?

Slo
Thu May 1st, 2008, 09:46 AM
That is a nice collection you have!!!! RedNarb, you should come and watch Ty Peas (spelling?) down at PMP through some turns... Pretty crazy.

edj
Fri May 2nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Eventually, I'll get my S2 back up and running.....need to find a good 2 stroke guy to get some work done though....know anyone?

2strokes are simple enough that you can work on them yourself. I would have gone broke long ago if I was paying to service my bikes.. I just pay for tire, chain and suspension work.

A fellow RG guy down in castlerock said he had just found a good 2stroke tuner in South Denver somewhere. I could track down the details. There is also a 2stroke guy in mid-Gilpin (the almost-town where the library and gas is) on peak2peak who works with dirtbikes and snowmobiles... but I haven't used him just a good place to ride to.

Sortarican
Fri May 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
....A fellow RG guy down in castlerock said he had just found a good 2stroke tuner in South Denver somewhere. I could track down the details..

Was it called Thunder-something on Hampden?

dchd1130
Sat May 3rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Another project S2 here. Ive got the jugs down at TFOG now. There done I just need to pick them up. I have all the parts bought for it now I just need the time to finish it. With an 18 month old and a 1 month old at home, and in my businesses busy season. I just cant seem to get much done on it right now.