PDA

View Full Version : My poor SV

Zanos
Tue Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Well, just before the ride today I notice that my fork seal blew. That is going to need fixed.

It is about time for new break pads...

I could use an oil change...

My suspension was a little goofy today it seemed. The first longer ride of the season and first time in the cayons this year. I am pretty sure my bike needs an OverHaul.

Ideas on where to take it for a good shop or can I/should I do all this myself... (I know nothing about bikes..)

Thanks.

rybo
Tue Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
For the suspension work see IR Dave on here www.fixmybike.com (http://www.fixmybike.com)

for the other stuff, you're welcome to learn about your bike and use my tools. Come on over.

The rear shock on the SV is a piece of junk and should be replaced anyways. We've come up with a great GSXR stock shock solution that can be added to your bike pretty easily.

Otherwise, I would see the fine folks at Epic Motorsports in Longmont or the guys at Faster.

VFR
Tue Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Definitely do your own oil/filter change. It is no different than a car (jack up remove bolt-drain, remove filter-drain, clean filter area replace filter, clean bolt area replace bolt, refill with three quarts, start bike let warm turn off, wat 2 minutes, check oil fill window and fill to second knotch) Just make sure to be tiddy and remember what bolts went were if its your first time. Break pads are easy to but if you are not familiar with it leave it to the shop, peace of mind type of thing. I have no clue about blown fork seals but hear they are easy to replace.