PDA

View Full Version : 15000 MILE SERVICE!

ryan
Tue Sep 14th, 2004, 10:09 AM
well its that time, the 15000 mile service time. Whats everyone's personal experience with different shops? Ive called and gotten quotes from 3 shops so far: Fay Myers wants $570, Vickery wants $450, and TFOG wants $380. Obviously Id like more feedback on TFOG, if their service dept is reputable?

Thanks

Ryan

bulldog
Tue Sep 14th, 2004, 10:36 AM
well its that time, the 15000 mile service time. Whats everyone's personal experience with different shops? Ive called and gotten quotes from 3 shops so far: Fay Myers wants $570, Vickery wants $450, and TFOG wants $380. Obviously Id like more feedback on TFOG, if their service dept is reputable?

Thanks

Ryan

TFOG has always been good to me. TKMotorsports too. I've never had a service done with them though, always do it myself, but all my experiences with the two have been good.

So where have you got all your previous services at? By 15,000 miles you should have already had quite few..........

Toe Dragger
Tue Sep 14th, 2004, 04:08 PM
What exactly does a 15,000 miles service consist of?

FZRguy
Fri Sep 17th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Valve check and adjustment, retorque the head, synchronize and adjust carbs for carbureted bikes, new plugs, replace coolant, oil and filter, brake check, clean, lube and adjust the chain, suspension check, headset adjust, nut and bolt check. Not likely a shop will do all this, which is why I do it myself. The valve adjustment is the most time consuming. Give Mark a call at Mark's Motorcycle Repair. He’s honest and won’t rape you. Close to Santa Fe and Hampden. Phone is 303-761-3273.