PDA

View Full Version : Well...I Think She's Finally Ready. Pics inside.

2Blue
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Well, after many long nights and a drained wallet, she and I are ready for our first real date!!! Oh man the nerves are getting intense!!!

See ya at the races.

cutfromabove
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 12:21 AM
nice bike!!

2Blue
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 12:22 AM
More pics.

2Blue
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Last one

Clovis
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Safety wire, safety wire... everywhere. Are you planning to crash? =P Looks sweet and will be even better with a match paint job!

Good job sir!

Aracheon
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Safety wire, safety wire... everywhere. Are you planning to crash? =P Looks sweet and will be even better with a match paint job!

Good job sir!

Safety wire is required by the MRA if you plan on racing.

Wahooman
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Looks good...saw ur post on the MRA forum and came to check it out. If you want you can eve swing by the pits before you go to tech and let us look at it. Dion posted on MRA too and said it looked good. Welcome to a great sport.......get ready to eat noodles, reduced sleep, and spend all ur money on the bike....:)

TopTier
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM
nice :up: I'll be where you are in a couple of months, just have to get some more $

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Nice. I should have mine finished this evening. I'll post up pics.

Dirk

RyNo24
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 08:58 AM
So do you basically have to wire any bolt and/or nut that can fall off on the track? Looks like a lot of work, but you did a nice job with the wire.

lovinCO
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Looks great! We'll be there Sunday to root you guys on. :)

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
So do you basically have to wire any bolt and/or nut that can fall off on the track? Looks like a lot of work, but you did a nice job with the wire.

No not every bolt. Only the bolts, that if come loose, would spill fluid on the track such as oil drain plug and filler cap, radiator cap and lines, etc. Also any bolts that secure the brakes and axels.

KakashiFZ6
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 09:29 AM
nice job the bike looks sweet

mayhem
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM

i believe the novice races, as far as gto,gtu. are on sat after lunch.....

dragos13
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 01:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/TheGECCO/2008racedayFINAL.jpg

lovinCO
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 01:19 PM
i believe the novice races, as far as gto,gtu. are on sat after lunch.....

Ci. We're coming down on Sunday. Is no one running Amateur on Sunday?? That's a great class for novices. :)

mayhem
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Ci. We're coming down on Sunday. Is no one running Amateur on Sunday?? That's a great class for novices. :)

unfortunately i cant this weekend, but some other weekends i will.....

dragos13
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM

+1 I think every novice should run Amatuer. Last year I actually ran faster in Am then Nov most the time. Plus, racing with fast guys makes you faster and whats an extra $20 after you already drove down and paid for the first couple races.

mayhem
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
do rear brake resevoirs on an r6 need to be taped? thx for any info....

dragos13
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM
do rear brake resevoirs on an r6 need to be taped? thx for any info....

Yes. tape or wrist band.

mayhem
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 03:04 PM
thx.................

Sortarican
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Looks nice, good luck this weekend.
(Who wants to sponsor 2Blue to some SS brake lines and aftermarket rearsets?)

VFR
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
That is a ass load of safety wire...Good luck and have fun

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM

I'm going to run AGTO on Sunday, assuming I survive NGTO and Heavyweight Endurance on Saturday. :)

Dirk

lovinCO
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'm going to run AGTO on Sunday, assuming I survive NGTO and Heavyweight Endurance on Saturday. :)

Dirk

You'll do great. We'll watch you in AmO on Sunday. Yay!

2Blue
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
If you want you can eve swing by the pits before you go to tech and let us look at it.
That would be great. Where can I find you guys?

nice :up: I'll be where you are in a couple of months, just have to get some more $
I know you will!! You caught the bug bad too!

Thanks. I'm racing Am GTO and if I can Sportsman on Sunday.
See ya out there.

+1 I think every novice should run Amatuer. Last year I actually ran faster in Am then Nov most the time. Plus, racing with fast guys makes you faster and whats an extra $20 after you already drove down and paid for the first couple races.
Good to know. I'm gonna try and run as many classes as I can to get the
experience.

That is a ass load of safety wire...Good luck and have fun
Yeah you should see all the broken drills bits! Thanks!

I'm going to run AGTO on Sunday, assuming I survive NGTO and Heavyweight Endurance on Saturday.
Cool. I'm running NGTO,AGTO, Sportsman and Open Endurance. Open Endurance is the one I'm most worried about....30 minutes!
See ya out there.

2Blue
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Looks nice, good luck this weekend.
(Who wants to sponsor 2Blue to some SS brake lines and aftermarket rearsets?)

Thanks man. If I make it through this weekend, I'm planning on getting some tire warmers and race tires. Yeah some new rear sets and brake lines are hopefully in the future budget.

Thanks again

D Berns R6
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Open Endurance is the one I'm most worried about....30 minutes!
See ya out there.

It gets worse....they will switch the times for each race this year. So last year both endurance races were 30 min. This season, one is 45min and the other is 30min, alternating throughout the season! Ya! Hope you been training!

Titus
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
What wheel chock is that?

Aracheon
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Baxley Trailer.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
It gets worse....they will switch the times for each race this year. So last year both endurance races were 30 min. This season, one is 45min and the other is 30min, alternating throughout the season! Ya! Hope you been training!

Is this detailed somewhere on the MRA site (i.e. which is which this weekend)?

Dirk

firefghtr
Thu Apr 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
nice

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I'll see you guys down there on Sunday. Good luck to all of you racing for the first time.