PDA

View Full Version : The #211 Bike is Ready

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Finally got it all finished. I might make a few tweaks to the paint scheme after the races but I think it turned out ok for a rattle-can job.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/race_bike/right.jpg

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/race_bike/left.jpg

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/race_bike/front.jpg

Dirk

sky_blue
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM
:drool: KICK ASS.

McVaaahhh
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM
That's awesome Dirk! Good luck this weekend. :up:

rybo
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Nice work Dirk.

I'll be standing in turn 7 cheering you on tomorrow. Good luck!

Scott

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks everbody. And Scott, huge thanks to you for your help!!! I wouldn't have been able to get ready without it.

Dirk

All-Labout-me
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Good luck Dirk.
Would love to be out there with you but I'm doing Sod this weekend!
I know, I know, you would rather be laying sod too rather than going really fast in circles.

I'll take pictures for you so you can relive my experience.

Have fun!

-Doug

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Would love to be out there with you but I'm doing Sod this weekend!

I don't think I've met her. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

When I went out to pull the bike back into the garage, I found a wasp had taking a liking to the race bike. :)

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/wasp.jpg

Dirk

Sean
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Sharp looking bike! Good luck this weekend.

Devaclis
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM
VERY nice man! Good luck out there and be safe! We will make it out to see you for sure :)

CBRSue
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Your Suzuki race bike is so sexy all dressed up like a Honda, yummy! :drool:

lovinCO
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 03:10 PM
That looks really good for spray paint! Good luck and we'll see you on Sunday.

MetaLord 9
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Damn! Go get 'em!

Devaclis
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Your Suzuki race bike is so sexy all dressed up like a Honda, yummy! :drool:

A woman after my own bike. The fact that you can spot Honda colors on a suz is awesome :)

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 03:49 PM
A woman after my own bike. The fact that you can spot Honda colors on a suz is awesome :)

Hey, if Honda would make me a 750, I'd be all over it. Come on Honda, how about a 2009 VFR750R? :)

Dirk

firefghtr
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
looks sic dirk see ya tomorrow

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Dirk...she looks great man! Good luck to you and I'll see you out there Sunday?

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Dirk...she looks great man! Good luck to you and I'll see you out there Sunday?

You bet, Randy. I'm gonna try to get some corner working in too if I can.

Thanks again, everybody. Hope to see y'all at the track.

Dirk

Vehicle 1
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 07:26 PM
:shocked: wow, looks awesome... I may have to ask you to think something up for mine.

Nice,

D.

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 07:31 PM
:shocked: wow, looks awesome... I may have to ask you to think something up for mine.

How did the riding go today?

Dirk

Aracheon
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Lookin' good! Plenty of space for the team logo too. ;)

Vehicle 1
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 09:05 PM
It was great Dirk!

Windy in the morning, but got better as the day progressed.

Definitely a workout, the new bike and the motoGP shift threw me off at the beginning.

Turn 10 is way better, still a little bumpy if you don't stay on the inside.

:)

Aracheon
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I found that turning a hair late into 10 (similar line that I take into turn 5) worked very well for me. Running 10 wide is a mistake. During the mock race in the school one of the guys on an R1 who led the pack ran too wide at the end of lap 7 and slid into the wall.

CBRSue
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'm so glad you guys got your team together! And I am so excited that I'll get to see you race this weekend, I can hardly wait!!! :D

Aracheon
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Well, we're still undecided on a few things. :)

CBRSue
Fri Apr 25th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Well, we're still undecided on a few things. :)

Well, with some of you headin' to the track this weekend, I say that's pretty darn cool... :cool: it's a great start!!!

cromer611
Sat Apr 26th, 2008, 03:10 AM
GL dude. Ill be working Saturdays all year so i wont make it for the novice race : ( but i will be there on sunday. if yer doin both days ill cya around bud. look for the 06zx6 with the really crappy flat black rattle can job : P

Slo
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Looking great Dirk!!!!!

*edit* duhhhhh.....didnt know about the fall.

cromer611
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 12:48 AM
dude! that sucked on sunday : ( I saw it happen. well heard it, then saw the rest. if ya need anythin lemme know, I broke my collar bone also b4. Maybe we can compare fractures!

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 06:07 AM
dude! that sucked on sunday : ( I saw it happen. well heard it, then saw the rest. if ya need anythin lemme know, I broke my collar bone also b4. Maybe we can compare fractures!

Yeah, my ortho doc and I were laughing about it yesterday because it's almost exactly the same break I had last year, just on the other side. Maybe I should volunteer to be the butt of crash jokes now and give Rybo a rest from it. :) This one is actually going pretty well so far. None of the bad spasms I had with the other one.

Dirk

AshliRider44
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Sorry about the fall down dirk! How long are you out for?

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Sorry about the fall down dirk! How long are you out for?

If it heals like the other one did, I'll be back for the next races at Pueblo. I'll probably be riding to work after about 5 weeks. I took a class from Ricky Orlando after 3.5 weeks last time but it was still pretty tender. This one has about twice the displacement (about 3cm) between the ends of the bones as the other one so I'm working at it to reduce that so they don't have to do surgery and put a plate on it. Like I said, this one isn't as painful as the other one so maybe that's a good sign. I was really looking forward to the AGTO race too. I was prepared to do everything I could to keep Hoopty from lapping me. I'm sure that would have been an exercise in futility, though.:)

Dirk

AshliRider44
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
If it heals like the other one did, I'll be back for the next races at Pueblo. I'll probably be riding to work after about 5 weeks. I took a class from Ricky Orlando after 3.5 weeks last time but it was still pretty tender. This one has about twice the displacement (about 3cm) between the ends of the bones as the other one so I'm working at it to reduce that so they don't have to do surgery and put a plate on it. Like I said, this one isn't as painful as the other one so maybe that's a good sign. I was really looking forward to the AGTO race too. I was prepared to do everything I could to keep Hoopty from lapping me. I'm sure that would have been an exercise in futility, though.:)

Dirk

Bummer!!! Well, at least you're season isn't over :)
:lol: Yeah that race was freakin' awesome, well except for when he lead the whole damn race and got passed by Ara on the last lap, oh well! It was close and a damn good race! Ara better watch out in Hastings ;)

firefghtr
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 05:09 PM
well you and me both dirk, sorry to hear about the wreck. which corner was it. on friday night i ended up breaking my knee. i have been waiting for the swelling to go down before i go to the doctor but im not sure if ill go. its my bad knee that has no cartillage so this this has happened before but it was extremely depressing not being able to race on sat and sun. i hope i can make the track day on may 11

1ofTheBoys
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Dirk,

It was good to see you and the team out there. It won't be long before your back at it again. Hope it heals quick.

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
:lol: Yeah that race was freakin' awesome, well except for when he lead the whole damn race and got passed by Ara on the last lap, oh well!

Hey, I know all about getting passed by Ara. :) He went by me going into 7 and I thought I had forgotten to take the kickstand off and parked the bike. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

well you and me both dirk, sorry to hear about the wreck. which corner was it.

It was 10, coming around to grid. I was bummed when I got your text about your knee. Really looking forward to seeing you out there man!

Dirk,

It was good to see you and the team out there. It won't be long before your back at it again. Hope it heals quick.

Thanks Sheila. It was fun pitting near you and watching you do some awesome riding out there. :up:

Dirk