PDA

View Full Version : First Time Rider w/ Brand New 600cc Bike

thatmofo
Sun Apr 27th, 2008, 10:22 PM
So, you may remember this thread:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20911

Well, I took the advice of friends and didn't pickup the brand new '07 1000RR that I was looking at and settled for a brand new '07 Ninja ZX-6R.

Like I said, I would not get anything smaller and I didn't. So for Day #2 of riding here are the results:

I pulled up to a stop sign while I was practicing using my rear brake, which was not a smart idea because I was going too slow. I then realized that I was pretty much stopped so I went to put down my left foot and it caught on the shifter so the time it took me to get it on the ground caused the bike to start tilting and I just didn't have enough strength to keep the bike from falling so I laid it down as softly as I could. I sure had a hell of a time getting that thing back up.

I'll take pics when I get home from work tomorrow. Most of the damage was done trying to get the bike off the ground. I scraped the fairing. No cracks in it so it's all good.

So now you can chime in and say, "I told you so." I'll keep you posted if I drop the bike again.

salsashark
Sun Apr 27th, 2008, 10:27 PM
mehhh... rookie mistake, no harm no foul. I was pushing my Sprint back into my garage after washing it when the gravity monster jumped up and grabbed it away from me. Right into the side of my (stone exterior) townhouse. $500 dollars worth of ouch repair.

Did you learn from the drop? If so, then there you go.

thatmofo
Sun Apr 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Yah, I learned to just use my front brake when doing less than half a mph and that I should have taken before pictures of the bike.

Matty
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM
shit happens!!!

atleast the first drop of the bike was a soft one.

Zanos
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Or use the front and the back...Using your none breaking foot to place on the ground.

Brake withe the lever, brake with the pedal. Put the left foot down.

Everyone has done it. Its all good.

Nobody
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
For sure a common scenario to occur with a new rider. A couple weeks after I had mine I was riding past the garages in my complex and a kid came running out directly in front of me. I had the wheel turned a little left when I came to a very abrupt stop, wasn't ready for it, and subsequently dropped my bike. Get used to starting/stopping quickly, crazy world we live in...

Aracheon
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Like Aaron said, your muscle memory needs to get accompanied to the leg and hand actions needed to come to a stop. You can use any combination of the brakes that's comfortable to you, but as a beginning rider it's recommended that you use both brakes.

Devaclis
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Do you have sliders on your new ride? I would recommend it as these low speed drops are kinda common with new riders. Keep your scoot lookin' pretty :)

thatmofo
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I'm ordering them today.

Let me know if there is anything else really important that I should order while I am at it. Here is what I have so far in the order:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/itsthatmofo/kneedraggersorder.jpg

Sully
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Have you taken the MSF course yet ?

puckstr
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I remember back in the DAY. On my 1978 KZ650 I pulled up into a parking lot.
Stopped in front of some hot girls. Unfastened my helmet and in one movement I kicked out the stand and dismounted my beast.

I swaggered off and heard the bike crash to the pavement. The kickstand did not lock.
Shit
Shit
Shit

I picked up the bike and rode off with my destroyed EGO.

At least you dropped it in private. These things happen, Gravity is an unforgiving whore.

Canuck
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Yah, I learned to just use my front brake when doing less than half a mph and that I should have taken before pictures of the bike.

No, you were correct in using the rear brake for low speed stopping. The mistake you made had (most likely to do with improper boots or pants) was getting caught on the shifter/rearset. The rear brake is better than the front (on most cases) for parkinglot or lowspeed stops.
e.g. Try and use your front brake when doing the figure 8 in the box on your MSF test ;)

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:33 AM
First rule: Tuck in your laces, and don't wear pants that catch on stuff. I've been very close to doing this same thing, fortunately got my foot unstuck in time. Don't put anything on the lower part of your leg that would prevent you from being able to move anywhere in a hurry...

Sorry you dropped it, but hey, now it has battle scars. And at least it's a "just dropped it at 0.5mph" post instead of a "check out this sweet X-ray of my skull" post.

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Stupid little stuff like that happens to everyone. Just keep in mind that you don't neccessarily have the muscle memory down yet enough to automatically do the right thing in emergency situations so keep pacing yourself & take'n 'er easy. Any idiot can twist the throttle, it's what you do when a neighborhood dog or kid runs into your path that counts

Oh, and I HIGHLY recommend the LSL sliders for that bike, they look veddy veddy goode!

pilot
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Have you taken the MSF course yet ?Agreed.

No, you were correct in using the rear brake for low speed stopping. The mistake you made had (most likely to do with improper boots or pants) was getting caught on the shifter/rearset. The rear brake is better than the front (on most cases) for parkinglot or lowspeed stops.
e.g. Try and use your front brake when doing the figure 8 in the box on your MSF test ;)NO, no, and no again. I realize that you are just making a joke, but some new rider, skimming the posts for a clue, might not (the balance of your post is good and relates to safety).

New riders especially, keep you fingers off that front brake until you are ready to stop with the handlebars straight (square to the handlebars to the bike). Otherwise the front end may quickly grab in the direction of the turn and cause the bike to fall to the inside. Just trying to be safe with this one.

Seriously, new riders and experienced alike, take a safety/riding course through an approved agency.

Ricky
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:41 AM
That really sucks dude. Shit happens, and the most important thing is that you learn from it. Sometimes it's not the power that can get you in trouble. I will admit that when I first got my ninja I didn't have my habits down yet, and made a rookie mistake of setting down my bike on its side cause I "thought" the kickstand was down. Luckily there was ZERO damage except a light scratch on the front blinker that stuck out. There's a trick to picking a bick back up that they teach you in the MSF class. If you haven't taken it yet, definitely TAKE THE CLASS. It's invaluable! I already knew how to ride a motorcycle when I bought my bike, but I took the course and it provided a ridiculous amount of information that I still use every day.

During this shopping trip, you should add frame sliders to the list! :lol:

Ricky
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
NO, no, and no again. I realize that you are just making a joke, but some new rider, skimming the posts for a clue, might not (the balance of your post is good and relates to safety).

New riders especially, keep you fingers off that front brake until you are ready to stop with the handlebars straight (square to the handlebars to the bike). Otherwise the front end may quickly grab in the direction of the turn and cause the bike to fall to the inside. Just trying to be safe with this one.

Yes, I always remember being told to drag the rear brake for assistance doing the figure eight in the box. It helped quite a bit. But using the front brake in those situations is just asking for a high side...

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
And based on that first thread, is anybody really shocked that he dumped his new bike on day 2? :spit:

Perfect example of why any "experienced" rider will tell a newb. "Don't buy a brand new bike, you're going to drop it." I hope it's the worse damage you suffer, but for some reason I don't think it will be. Good luck man. 8)

Devaclis
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:46 AM
The reason I am taking the Experienced Riders Course: I have developed a few more bad habits since taking the MSF a couple of years ago. I still practice something EVERY time I get on the bike. Emergency stops, swerving, standing the bike up in a corner to stop, stuff like that.

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
And based on that first thread, is anybody really shocked that he dumped his new bike on day 2? :spit:

Perfect example of why any "experienced" rider will tell a newb. "Don't buy a brand new bike, you're going to drop it." I hope it's the worse damage you suffer, but for some reason I don't think it will be. Good luck man. 8)

ZACTLY --- and a pretty fast bike for a new rider.... wait for it..

:nuke:

Ride safe and don't become a statistic this summer...

Sully
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I saw you practicing your wheelies the other day too Devaclis... :eyebrows:

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I saw you practicing your wheelies the other day too Devaclis... :eyebrows:

I saw him drive straight once after leaving Dirks!

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I saw him drive straight once after leaving Dirks!

I don't believe it.

Aracheon
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I don't believe it.

I don't either. There's nothing straight about Dana. :lol:

Devaclis
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 09:44 AM
It's a LIE!!!!

Snowman
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM
This guy originally wanted us to say, “Cool Dude, those 1000RR’s are Rad, go for it…” However, not listening to anything that was said, goes out gets a brand new ZX-6R and of course day 2 drops it. Typical squid…

I have always found that no one will listen to anything you have to say until they want to hear it. After dropping it and this post I still don’t think he will listen.

The only advise I hope he takes now is to sign his organ donor card....

Crisco
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Typical squid…

This guy is a troll on coloradoracing.net so I agree 100% with you since I know this guy is an idiot.

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:39 AM
That will make a nice track bike for me. PM me when you hit a guardrail on day #4. Cash in hand :)

Ricky
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
That will make a nice track bike for me. PM me when you hit a guardrail on day #4. Cash in hand :)

FTW! :lol:

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Fuck off! You're mess'n w/my parts bike bitch! Your dragon style is no match for my crouching monkey style!!

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:51 AM
^^Speaking of parts your right side is still in my garage :)

You are no match for my super-fast Bruce Lee Kung Foo grip....

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM
^^ No it's not, I put it in Jeanna's half! :p I'm sure you've been practicing your grip :D

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:11 AM
If your garage was full of Kawi's you'd have a pretty stong grip....

Back on topic, a 600 is fine for a first bike, 250's etc. suck. Just go "slow" and learn in a parking lot by practicing over and over until you get your mechanics down. The problem isn't the 600, its "I rode this shit for 15 minutes" and then heading out in public streets with a bike your really not familiar with. Anything less than a 600 and your a fag or a girl.

Hell if I had my choice Shortcake would be on a ZX10R :)

puckstr
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
mmmmm Squid Bike
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1230/1217907861_ff0bd21fb8.jpg

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Yeah, all that constant wrenching on them probably makes your forearm pretty strong.

Or is it that a garage full of Kawi's means you can't get any, so you gotta :jerkoff: all the time?

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM
^^^ FYI this guy was rockin' a rainbow GSXR a few years back ;)

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm secure enough as a man that I don't need my bike or my paintjob to define it for me. I'm sure you don't know what that's like, but hopefully, one day, you will. :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
So, you may remember this thread:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20911

Well, I took the advice of friends and didn't pickup the brand new '07 1000RR that I was looking at and settled for a brand new '07 Ninja ZX-6R.

Like I said, I would not get anything smaller and I didn't. So for Day #2 of riding here are the results:

I pulled up to a stop sign while I was practicing using my rear brake, which was not a smart idea because I was going too slow. I then realized that I was pretty much stopped so I went to put down my left foot and it caught on the shifter so the time it took me to get it on the ground caused the bike to start tilting and I just didn't have enough strength to keep the bike from falling so I laid it down as softly as I could. I sure had a hell of a time getting that thing back up.

I'll take pics when I get home from work tomorrow. Most of the damage was done trying to get the bike off the ground. I scraped the fairing. No cracks in it so it's all good.

So now you can chime in and say, "I told you so." I'll keep you posted if I drop the bike again.
Sorry to hear it, glad you (and the bike) are relatively ok. this is exactly why people tried to get you to buy a non-faired first bike. Best of luck.

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:20 AM
That day will never come Ralph :)

Dizzy D
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
^^^ FYI this guy was rockin' a rainbow GSXR a few years back ;)

It was not RAINBOW, it was SKITTLES Sheesh, get it right!

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Can you "taste the rainbow?"

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
thanks for that visual, now I'm trying to gouge out my mind's eye...

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Wow you guys are mean today. Why don't you go find some cute puppy and kick it around a bit.

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Back on topic, a 600 is fine for a first bike, 250's etc. suck. Just go "slow" and learn in a parking lot by practicing over and over until you get your mechanics down. The problem isn't the 600, its "I rode this shit for 15 minutes" and then heading out in public streets with a bike your really not familiar with. Anything less than a 600 and your a fag or a girl.

The kid already admitted "Have very little self control", and now he's got a little rocket....

600 might be good for you and probably a few other people.. If he survives the next three years he'll be sure to have learned a few lessons. Day #2 is just a start.

rapparee
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM
If this kid is for real I hope we do not end up reading about his spectacular demise.

If he survives the next three years he'll be sure to have learned a few lessons. Day #2 is just a start.
I hope he starts out day three by thinking about how easily he fell over and how bad it will hurt at any kind of speed. Hell, he could barely stand the thing back up...wonder if gear is on the list yet.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Wow you guys are mean today. Why don't you go find some cute puppy and kick it around a bit.

Cause it rides a Kawi too so it's been kicked around enough.

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
<snip>...wonder if gear is on the list yet.

I would almost guarantee there's a shiny new arai strapped to the tail. Probably even got some scratches on it when it fell over. :lol: :squid:

Snowman
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Anything less than a 600 and your a fag or a girl.
I would have to disagree with this statement.

Many of the sport 600’s today have the power and agility of race bikes less than 10 years ago. These are not good bikes to use as a trainer.

And no, your are not a “fag or a girl” if you chose to ride something smaller or more conventural. Grow up...

konichd
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM
That time of the month Randall? :dunno:

salsashark
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:32 PM

Can we throw it off a cliff after?

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM
We're not "kicking it around," we're "tenderizing" it. Chinese food joints pay more when it can go right into the pot

Snowman
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM
That time of the month Randall? :dunno:Actually Yea, I’m married remember:)

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Can we throw it off a cliff after?

Go back to Canada you well educated , tax paying, English speaking literate.

salsashark
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Go back to Canada you well educated , tax paying, English speaking literate.

as soon as I get my internet money!

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
as soon as I get my internet money!

Perhaps before you go, you can design Ralphy a real web site based on Joomla. I'll even help you stick in the CSC logo in the PHP code so it's all pretty like.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Perhaps before you go, you can design Ralphy a real web site based on Joomla. I'll even help you stick in the CSC logo in the PHP code so it's all pretty like.

If you're talking about the main site, that is Bob's deal. Talk to him. We aren't embedding the vBulletin stuff in it though, makes it too hard to keep VB updated when it's all wacky.

Ricky
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 01:59 PM
If you're talking about the main site, that is Bob's deal. Talk to him. We aren't embedding the vBulletin stuff in it though, makes it too hard to keep VB updated when it's all wacky.

Not if you do it right and don't modify too much of the vbulletin templates and code. I can definitely vouch that when you make too many vb mods, it's a bitch to upgrade. But when you make all your mods elsewhere, it's not so bad really.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Any VB mods make it a bitch to upgrade. There's a reason we don't have many on here. Having to remod templates for every friggen patch or release is a serious pain in my ass.

Devaclis
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 02:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/Funny/banlife.jpg

ihavealegohead
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Not if you do it right and don't modify too much of the vbulletin templates and code. I can definitely vouch that when you make too many vb mods, it's a bitch to upgrade. But when you make all your mods elsewhere, it's not so bad really.

You can leave the vbulletin in place and just open a new window from joomla. The rest of the front page would have to be re-integrated. Joomla template upgrades after that are a snap cept for the logo (take a little html/php editing)

Then you won't have to run club news out of a sticky in vbulletin...

But what do I know, I'm just a troll here. :hump:

rforsythe
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Well, if you think you can do it cleanly and want to take a stab at it, let me know.

devon
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Wow, has this thread gone off topic or what?

1. Questionable 1st bike purchase decision.
2. Words of caution.
3. Words of advice.
4. 'We told you so.'
5. Squid pictures.
6. Gay (& rainbow colored bike) references.
7. ????
8. Web development advice.

What's next? Lolcats?

Sortarican
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM
From your lips to God's ears:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/yupko/LolCatRenderer2.aspxtopiminurgaragebottomholdinupu rcarzsize35imagenameqzPtZAAKngWD.jpg

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
chances God reads the CSC forum = 0%

If he does, then a lot of us are waaaaaaaaaay beyond fucked...

Aracheon
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
God doesn't want me, and neither does Satan. I think I'm fine. :D

thatmofo
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 06:28 PM
LOL! Wow this thread did take some turns.

thatmofo
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Went riding again tonight. No plastic was harmed on the ride.

siriuschris
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 10:59 PM
This guy originally wanted us to say, “Cool Dude, those 1000RR’s are Rad, go for it…” However, not listening to anything that was said, goes out gets a brand new ZX-6R and of course day 2 drops it. Typical squid…

I have always found that no one will listen to anything you have to say until they want to hear it. After dropping it and this post I still don’t think he will listen.

The only advise I hope he takes now is to sign his organ donor card....

+1
You're a douche bag imo
Glad to see you're treating that pos you had to "settle for" with care and love. I turned 14k on my 250 today...it's never been dropped.

siriuschris
Mon Apr 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM

:doublefinger:

arcatacat
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 09:09 AM
And if I remember correctly from a group ride, Chris kept up with the 1000s and the 'busas while riding his 250 at the front of the pack.

:hump:

siriuschris
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
And if I remember correctly from a group ride, Chris kept up with the 1000s and the 'busas while riding his 250 at the front of the pack.

Hell yeah, bro I hit it like I mean it.

Matty
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM

riding in the parking lot doesn't count!!! lol.

siriuschris
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
riding in the parking lot doesn't count!!! lol.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLL

:slap:

I love to ride and I love my bike so I don't give a fuck what anyone says :)

ihavealegohead
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM

.. and you drive it like you stole it.

thatmofo
Sat May 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Took the MSF class. It wasn't worth the price I paid. It did show me what I need to practice though. 745 miles of riding in two weeks and only pulled over once for speeding, without a license, and proof of insurance. Good thing I was stopped by a cool cop.

Jaydoc
Sat May 10th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Took the MSF class. It wasn't worth the price I paid. It did show me what I need to practice though. 745 miles of riding in two weeks and only pulled over once for speeding, without a license, and proof of insurance. Good thing I was stopped by a cool cop.

OK c'mon, really. If there was ever any doubt.

http://schwillz.com/stuff/total/pics/troll.gif

thatmofo
Sat May 10th, 2008, 11:21 PM
WATT?

Mental
Sat May 10th, 2008, 11:41 PM
...745 miles of riding in two weeks and only pulled over once for speeding, without a license, and proof of insurance. Good thing I was stopped by a cool cop.
Dude, thats awesome! That is definetly braggable.

Lemme see, I have 61,000 miles on my bike, so if we divide that by 745 and we get...lesse...carry the 9....

You can look forward to that experience another 82 times.

Multiply that by an average of two weeks and we get just over three years. Thats not accounting for the off season or holidays, but I'd say thats a damm fine average and certainly something to be proud of.
When you call your mommy today to wish her a Happy Mothers day, you should tell her. She'll be proud to.

Took the MSF class. It wasn't worth the price I paid. It did show me what I need to practice though.
Take it again. Obviously you weren't paying atention.

thatmofo
Sun May 11th, 2008, 12:29 AM
http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/T-Shirt-And-Your-Point-Is-793377.jpg

Dysco
Sun May 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Take it again. Obviously you weren't paying atention.

Word. It's a bargain at twice the price. :turtle:

Jaydoc
Sun May 11th, 2008, 02:02 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/squid-14b.jpg
And just off screen there's a slightly scuffed, only-dropped-once-in-two-days-only-one-ticket-in-two-weeks ZX-6R.

thatmofo
Sun May 11th, 2008, 02:04 AM
LOL! Nice picture!

RyNo24
Sun May 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
you sir are a...http://www.teamcalamari.com/results/squid8.jpg lmao

I have over 5,000 miles on bikes and have never been pulled over for speeding, nor have I ever dropped one lol.

Horsman
Sun May 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
thatmofo (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=3883) tell me that you aren't the guy in my office building with the new ZX-6. It is..ummm was a beautiful green bike. I am at the Colorado Building Tower 1 off of Colorado & Evans behind Dave&Busters... Sure was a perdy bike....

fullgrownbear
Sun May 11th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Funny pictures..

64BonnieLass
Sun May 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM

You wanna borrow my short bus? Cause you really piss me off! Good Lord!!!

Wasn't worth the price you paid because you are too slow to get it. :slap: Even the BEST instructors couldn't get through to you. Too many great people here have tried to educate you and you spit it back.

I don't wish harm on you, but I sure hope you are stopped in your "pecker tracks" before you hurt somebody else.

Why don't you practice doing 75MPH in your garage with the door down, and save the rest of us the hassle of having to contend with your idiotic self. Really, you would be doing yourself a favor too!!!!!

Bueller
Sun May 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Wasn't worth the price you paid because you are too slow to get it. :slap: Even the BEST instructors couldn't get through to you. Too many great people here have tried to educate you and you spit it back.

I don't wish harm on you, but I sure hope you are stopped in your "pecker tracks" before you hurt somebody else.

Why don't you practice doing 75MPH in your garage with the door down, and save the rest of us the hassle of having to contend with your idiotic self. Really, you would be doing yourself a favor too!!!!!
Bwaahahaha!
Nice! You pissed off one of the most tolerant people on this board :lol:

And Ter I quoted you, so no going back and nice-in it up :siesta:

64BonnieLass
Sun May 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yea, nice-this-DAVID....:doublefinger:

Can you puh-lease meet the guy and show him how to do 75MPH in the garage with the door down.

Cause I'm pretty sure you are the only one in the whole CSC who has it mastered. And I'm not even being sarcastic either!

A-#1 Stunna!!!! (not A minus you tard) :)

Bueller
Sun May 11th, 2008, 08:05 PM
:) Love ya babe!

Devaclis
Sun May 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Still kinda funny this thread is open.

Riding dirty is stupid.

If we ever meet, my name is Dana. Let me know who you are so I can ride the opposite way.

Dysco
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:16 AM
you sir are a...http://www.teamcalamari.com/results/squid8.jpg lmao

I have over 5,000 miles on bikes and have never been pulled over for speeding, nor have I ever dropped one lol.

Wow! FIVE THOUSAND MILES? I could never ride that many. You must, like, know everything about teh motorcycles. Teach me more. :slappers:

RyNo24
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Wow! FIVE THOUSAND MILES? I could never ride that many. You must, like, know everything about teh motorcycles. Teach me more. :slappers:

Lol, I have only been riding on the streets since 2006. Plus, I must know more than him at least, I have never been pulled over or dumped a bike. I just use that thing on my head called a brain when riding lol.

He has not even got his bike broken in and has been pulled over AND down on his bike.

Dysco
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Lol, I have only been riding on the streets since 2006. Plus, I must know more than him at least, I have never been pulled over or dumped a bike. I just use that thing on my head called a brain when riding lol.

He has not even got his bike broken in and has been pulled over AND down on his bike.

I was really hoping you'd started last fall or something. Do yourself a favor: sell your car and ride your bike exclusively until October. Then you can judge the new kids. I didn't crash or get ticketed in my first 5k either but I made up for it after that in fine style (I did carry my license, registration, and proof of insurance, though.). Those things happen and they will happen to you if you keep riding.

Calling your shot like this joker did was pretty funny but you have little more room than he does in the experience department.

thatmofo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 03:55 AM

I didn't make myself clear. I found out I could have saved $100 on the class along with some other savings.

thatmofo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 03:56 AM
thatmofo (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=3883) tell me that you aren't the guy in my office building with the new ZX-6. It is..ummm was a beautiful green bike. I am at the Colorado Building Tower 1 off of Colorado & Evans behind Dave&Busters... Sure was a perdy bike....

LOL!

Sonic Boom
Mon May 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I miss GixxerSanchez.

:drink:

Devaclis
Mon May 12th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I miss DirtySanchez.

:drink:

:shocked:

Sonic Boom
Mon May 12th, 2008, 09:22 AM
:lol:

Snowman
Mon May 12th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Dude, you are dead, you just don’t know it yet…

RocketBabe923
Mon May 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM

[/quote]

Or a girl huh.... Oh SMACK! It's just that some of us girls require something much bigger between our legs!

Mental
Mon May 12th, 2008, 09:58 AM

Or a girl huh.... Oh SMACK! It's just that some of us girls require something much bigger between our legs!
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ld-kxFgFr0_HUM:http://www.craphound.com/images/pwnd.jpg

Slo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 10:13 AM
thatmofo, you should just come out with a few of us, for a slower ride, talk with us, see how the conversations go. It's not the typical "Dude, did you see me take that on ramp? Did you see me spin coming out of the gas station?" I think you will learn a lot more by being around the right people.

Hell, when I get back from Hastings, meet up with me and a few of my friends, we will go riding with you. If your a younger guy, you have your thoughts on what is cool and what isn't. Being around CSC members, that opinion will definitely change, especially if you hang around any of the better more experienced riders.

Slo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
By the way, accidents happen, we just try to ride and act in ways to prevent as many as we can, to ourselves and to others.

AshliRider44
Mon May 12th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I did the same thing on my SV650 coming off 285 East onto Wadsworth. Hit my back brake as I was going through some motor oil spilled, fish tailed it, about shat myself and was able to bring it back up very slowly LOL quite embarassing but a total rookie mistake :)

Ricky
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I was really hoping you'd started last fall or something. Do yourself a favor: sell your car and ride your bike exclusively until October. Then you can judge the new kids. I didn't crash or get ticketed in my first 5k either but I made up for it after that in fine style (I did carry my license, registration, and proof of insurance, though.). Those things happen and they will happen to you if you keep riding.

Calling your shot like this joker did was pretty funny but you have little more room than he does in the experience department.

I'm sorry, but that right there is just lame. He's got more than 5 times the mileage than thatmofo, but yet has no room to talk?

Everyone bow down to the "you don't have enough experience to judge" judge. :rolleyes:

Devaclis
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I am coming up on 150k since '04. I will be the judge of who can judge.

Snowman
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
No one should judge those that judge the judges, because judging judges can only lead to more judging.

Devaclis
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I rest your case - Objection!!

Mental
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
No one should judge those that judge the judges, because judging judges can only lead to more judging.
I have considered this aurgument, and I must judge in my favor.

"The question is moot...I get the car"
(Free cup of coffee to whoever gets that reference, must be redeemed in person)

Devaclis
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:53 PM
http://menino.com/question-is-moot.mov

Mental
Mon May 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Can't get there from work. Is Jesse Jackson in it?

dirkterrell
Mon May 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
The Judge:

http://www.gtoalley.com/gtopics/69judgemc2.jpg

Dirk

Devaclis
Mon May 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Yeah :)

MetaLord 9
Mon May 12th, 2008, 02:11 PM
The Judge

Dirk
The Other Judge:

Sonic Boom
Mon May 12th, 2008, 02:29 PM
http://www.simon-lissaman.com/assets/images/db_images/db_The_Law1.jpg

I AM THE LAW!!!

salsashark
Mon May 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM
^^ I knew you'd say that

Sonic Boom
Mon May 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM
^^ I knew you'd say that

:lol:

Sonic Boom
Mon May 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cyDsuNx_U

thatmofo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
thatmofo, you should just come out with a few of us, for a slower ride, talk with us, see how the conversations go. It's not the typical "Dude, did you see me take that on ramp? Did you see me spin coming out of the gas station?" I think you will learn a lot more by being around the right people.

Hell, when I get back from Hastings, meet up with me and a few of my friends, we will go riding with you. If your a younger guy, you have your thoughts on what is cool and what isn't. Being around CSC members, that opinion will definitely change, especially if you hang around any of the better more experienced riders.

Eh, I'll think about it.

Slo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Eh, I'll think about it.

It's your choice, just trying to help you out man. Just don't get embarrassed when your and your buddies think your doing the "cool" thing and you got others like me laughing at you.

Figured you would have tried to take some advice, but your too f*cking cool for someone like myself. Don't even bother, I still need entertainment out on the streets from A$$hats like you.

Ridenaked
Mon May 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Slo1299 - Off topic - dont want to get involved in this...:scream1:

Your video is bad a$$...

Okay back to the :scream1:

Bueller
Mon May 12th, 2008, 08:10 PM
It's your choice, just trying to help you out man. Just don't get embarrassed when your and your buddies think your doing the "cool" thing and you got others like me laughing at you.

Figured you would have tried to take some advice, but your too f*cking cool for someone like myself. Don't even bother, I still need entertainment out on the streets from A$$hats like you.
He is another fucking troll, just ignore his ignorant ass until the inevitable banning.

dirkterrell
Mon May 12th, 2008, 08:19 PM
He is another fucking troll, just ignore his ignorant ass until the inevitable banning.

Just the latest in a long line around here...

Dirk

Horsman
Mon May 12th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Do you think THATMOFO could become a future Spirit Rider???

madvlad
Mon May 12th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hell I've been riding for 3 yrs now and I still consider myself a newb. Had my first accident for the first time ever 3 weeks ago. I certainly like riding around older and much more experienced people because I've learned hell of a lot and still doing so...... Riding motorcycles is not about showing off or looking cool, is about doing it because you like it and making your own responsible choices with it. Choices such as riding without a helmet or gear whatsoever is a "free will" call HOWEVER it's squidish and plain lack of common sense to do so...... Unfortunately people don't learn until something life threating happens and they realize that safety and common sense will save your life in 2 wheels or just about anything you do......

thatmofo
Mon May 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM

Yah I know, I still have a lot of riding to do before I ride with other people.

madvlad
Mon May 12th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yah I know, I still have a lot of riding to do before I ride with other people.

Just have in mind that riding with other people will actually get you visual input thus making you improve and hell it might even answer questions that you might have..... Even though riding experience is mostly built on your own, it is also important to learn how to ride among others. Just my .02 but your choice in the end of course.

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 10:48 AM
This thread makes me laugh my ass off. The guy dropped his bike simply because his shoelace got caught. Its happened to me, as I'm sure it has happened to a lot of people on this board. So all you high and mighty fucktards saying "I told you so" need to drop it. A simple mistake any of us could have made, its not like he was "tryin to ride a big dick wheelie" or "getting a knee down"

Jesus fuck people......

Slo
Tue May 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
KonichD, I thought there was a catch, couldn't figure it out until I realized he was a Kawi rider......

Didn't know you were turning over a new leaf and becoming The Defender. But yeah, what your saying has some truth to it that I agree with.

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Everyone gets into bikes for different reasons. Some just love 2 wheels (Dana), some want to race, some want to stunt, and some just want bitches. Whatever the reason who cares, get on 2 wheels and have fun and I hope it brings you what you expect.

Perhaps his comment about riding on his own was to perfect his bike handling skills before putting others at risk on a group ride? Who fuckin' knows, also who fuckin cares?

The guy got flamed because his shoe lace got caught, doesn't matter if it was on a 250, 500, 600 or 1000. People thought they would chime in with thier fuckin' stupid opinions about a simple mistake.......

Oh ya, anything less than a 600 your still a fag or a girl

Devaclis
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:03 AM
A more subtle troll. But a troll all the same

VFR
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Dirk...When did you Hondaize color your gixxer?

Slo
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:22 AM

So still can't tell if your defending him or calling him a fag? 599cc is under 600 right haha.....oh wait, you got one too don't you?:slappers:

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM
^^^mines 636cc's :)

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I didn't learn shit at my MSF course am I a squid?

I learned a lot more at track day classes like NESBA.

Suki
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
whoa! someone was banned!! did you guys see that?! it actually happened!!! i'm totally in shock right now

Slo
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Well, at least this threads been another interesting one....

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Funny how Kitesurfer, xxuxx, etc. lasted longer than a guy that stated he thinks MSF sucks (which it does)

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Funny how Kitesurfer, xxuxx, etc. lasted longer than a guy that stated he thinks MSF sucks (which it does)

Lol, not affriad to play with fire?

I have never took the MSF course so I cannot make an opinion.

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:47 AM
^^^You haven't taken your course! Holy shit your a squid (sarcasm)

I know some MSF instructors....they are retired clowns from Circus Circus for the most part.

rforsythe
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:54 AM
whoa! someone was banned!! did you guys see that?! it actually happened!!! i'm totally in shock right now

It's been happening a lot lately.

I didn't learn shit at my MSF course am I a squid?

I learned a lot more at track day classes like NESBA.

No, you were a squid before your class.

rforsythe
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:55 AM

His comment had little to do with it. More relevant was the fact that he had already been banned on a different account.

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:02 PM
^^^You haven't taken your course! Holy shit your a squid (sarcasm)

I know some MSF instructors....they are retired clowns from Circus Circus for the most part.

The MSF course gives to you what you want out of it. It is more geared for street riding and not track shenanigans.

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.msu.edu/%7Emensing1/pics/SuperTroopers_coolchrism5.jpg

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:06 PM
^^There are other organizations that teach street riding techniques other than MSF. To disregard those and state that if you haven't taken MSF your a squid is rather poor IMHO.

Suki
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM
haha, damnit you beat me!!! i was looking for that pic!

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
haha, damnit you beat me!!! i was looking for that pic!

Lol, I was looking fast for it so I could beat you!

Suki
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM
You little shitbag! i'll get you good you fucker!

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM
^^There are other organizations that teach street riding techniques other than MSF. To disregard those and state that if you haven't taken MSF your a squid is rather poor IMHO.

You are only a squid if you ride a kawasuckie :D

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I thought it was because I didn't wear a helmet? :dunno:

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
You little shitbag! i'll get you good you fucker!

Dem be fighting words! ITS ON!

Devaclis
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
the MSF course is a great course. Just ask anyone who did not already know everything there is to know about riding. It is not the only course out there but it is worth the time to take it.

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I thought it was because I didn't wear a helmet? :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFwDN7LEFH4

Suki
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Dem be fighting words! ITS ON!

Don't be THAT guy.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f154/guinnessgut/Farva.jpg

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:25 PM
You listen here meow!
http://msp141.photobucket.com/albums/r49/cure256/movies_SuperTroopersMeow.gif

Don't be THAT guy.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f154/guinnessgut/Farva.jpg

Suki
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:27 PM
ryno and his O face:

http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2001_Super_Troopers/2002_super_troopers_006.jpg

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
When did you see my O face? You stalking me?

ryno and his O face:

http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2001_Super_Troopers/2002_super_troopers_006.jpg

madvlad
Tue May 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
hehe talk about war zone in this mother lol

dirkterrell
Tue May 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Dirk...When did you Hondaize color your gixxer?

Right before the first races at Pueblo. It's a track-only bike now. Sure wish I had an RC30 with today's technology, though. :)

Dirk

Suki
Tue May 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
ryno and his O face:

what the frack? where'd my picture go?

Bueller
Tue May 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm on a 525, what's my line?

konichd
Tue May 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Tard? :dunno:

Bueller
Tue May 13th, 2008, 02:18 PM
That wasn't one of the choices :no:

RyNo24
Tue May 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Tard? :dunno:

+1, plus motards to kewl

Sortarican
Tue May 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
+1, plus motards to kewl

I don't think DK was refering to his bike, just commenting on Bueller in general.

Jenny
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM
clustermagnet makes my knees shake.

rforsythe
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:39 PM
:wtf:

Mental
Wed May 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM

Yeah :)

OK I officialy owe you a cup of coffee, redemable only in person at any one of the Pike's Perk's located on 8th street in C Springs.

Please return to squid bashing.

And just for the record, its not the shoelace tip over that got us on his case, its started with the "600 or less attitude," then the "rider's education sucks" attitude, and finally the I've only been pulled over once for speeding, no liscnce and no insurance" attitude.

We all love bikes, but I for one am tired of seeing these guys embarrass me as an enthusiast and making my insurance rates climb. Furthermore, I am active duty military and everytime some commander sees a story about some half dressed organ donor becoming a crimson stain, I have to wear another piece of ridiculous non-motorcycle related visibility clothing and the security guards they replaced my beloved SF guys with at the gate take it as a chance to hassle me.

McVaaahhh
Wed May 14th, 2008, 12:11 PM
You know the trolls will never go away if you keep feeding them. :jerkoff:

Scer
Wed May 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
It's all about attitude. My 1st bike was a 600cc. Which I started slow and tested here and there (leaning and speeding) when it was clear. As long as you don't hurt anyone else then I say do what you want. Just know you might ask for whats coming to you. Street racers in cars do the same thing only in cages.
It's just a fact of life that people like competition and challenges. We can only try to minimize the losses by telling them to be safe doing it.

Insurance will always go up due to the fact of population inflation and the obvious statistic that more drivers = more accidents.

Oh yeah, I am on a liter bike now so I am not a tard like bueller. woo hoo!!

Sorry, just wanted to chime in on this thread since everyone else was. =)

troll on trollas

jplracing
Wed May 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
clustermagnet makes my knees shake.

Thats cause you scare easily

Bring Cluster BACK! we need some entertainment

jbnwc
Wed May 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Bring Cluster BACK! we need some entertainment

He's gone? I didn't even notice. I'm building up an immunity to idiocy, so I guess it's working.

Devaclis
Wed May 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Leave him gone. Seriously.

dallas
Wed May 14th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I'm on a 525, what's my line?

That just means you are a bad ass mofo. I too am on a 525, of course I of course ride like a fag/girl..........

Devaclis
Wed May 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I am on a 600 and I ride like a girl.

A really FAST, SEXY girl!!

thatmofo
Wed May 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Awesome, this thread is still going.

siriuschris
Thu May 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Awesome, this thread is still going.

Yeah but it ain't about you, you're not that important.

We'll just note once in a while that trolls are douche bags as we run it
into the ground with random and ridiculous crap.

Well, I will anyway.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Siriuschris/Little_kiss.jpg

IT WASN'T ME!
Thu May 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM
It comes down to this: Ignorance can be cured, but stupidy is a life long affliction. I think that most squids fit into latter category.

thatmofo
Thu May 15th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah but it ain't about you, you're not that important.

We'll just note once in a while that trolls are douche bags as we run it
into the ground with random and ridiculous crap.

Well, I will anyway.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Siriuschris/Little_kiss.jpg

Regardless,

http://nxtbot.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/energizer-bunny.jpg

VFR
Thu May 15th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Right before the first races at Pueblo. It's a track-only bike now. Sure wish I had an RC30 with today's technology, though. :)

Dirk

Don't we all

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photos/HondaRC30Portrait10.jpg

But if I had the choice

http://www.hoc.org.uk/gallery/bikes/NR750(2).jpg

dirkterrell
Thu May 15th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Don't we all

But if I had the choice

Gee, you are a man with truly impeccable tastes. :) Someone around here has an NR, I think down your way somewhere. Those things sound wicked. I guess because they are wicked.

Dirk

thatmofo
Fri May 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
999 miles...

MetaLord 9
Fri May 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
999 miles...
why don't you come down to Dirk's for happy hour so we can all meet you in person?

just, uh, park next to the yellow honda...

thatmofo
Mon Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
2295 miles.

McVaaahhh
Mon Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
:slap:

Jaydoc
Mon Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
2295 miles.

Still alive? Gotta admit, I'm a little surprised.

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:31 AM
stop taking up precious seconds of my life by telling me you're not dead yet and that your bike still turns on. I couldn't give two shits and would rather occupy my eyes with staring at the sun that seeing this thread keep resurfacing under "new posts." kthxby

thatmofo
Mon Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
stop taking up precious seconds of my life by telling me you're not dead yet and that your bike still turns on. I couldn't give two shits and would rather occupy my eyes with staring at the sun that seeing this thread keep resurfacing under "new posts." kthxby

Are you forced to read this thread when you sign in?

Matty
Mon Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM

Hahahahahhaha.....

dominatrix
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
damn, someone is downing the HATERADE!!!! can't we all just get along??? or at least beat each other's a$$ and get it over with... 10$ on the monkey :) j/k CHris

Sortarican
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
damn, someone is downing the HATERADE!!!! can't we all just get along??? or at least beat each other's a$$ and get it over with... 10$ on the monkey :) j/k CHris

In a knife fight, nobody beats the monkey.
hehehehe....I said beat the monkey.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
I couldn't give two shits and would rather occupy my eyes with staring at the sun than seeing this thread keep resurfacing under "new posts." kthxby

When it pops up under "new threads" all the time I'm forced to see that this thread is still going and that's enough. Good job on not dumping your bike, hooray. Congratulations on rejoining the rest of society. I drove home from work today and didn't crash, should I post up about it?

Matty - eat a dick.

Lauren & Jeff - ALWAYS be on the monkey!

DevilsTonic
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/1sttimebuyer.jpg

thatmofo
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
When it pops up under "new threads" all the time I'm forced to see that this thread is still going and that's enough. Good job on not dumping your bike, hooray. Congratulations on rejoining the rest of society. I drove home from work today and didn't crash, should I post up about it?

Matty - eat a dick.

Lauren & Jeff - ALWAYS be on the monkey!

I apologize MetaLord. I created another thread here (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=bca60678d01f8a67aefde00de4c9d4887a19375 d) so you don't have to look at this one anymore.

dominatrix
Tue Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
I apologize MetaLord. I created another thread here (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=bca60678d01f8a67aefde00de4c9d4887a19375 d) so you don't have to look at this one anymore.

blah blah blah :jerkoff:

thatmofo
Fri Apr 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Tomorrow will be 1 year since I bought the bike. It has been been fun.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/itsthatmofo/1yearmileage.jpg

Hi11Zone
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 06:20 PM
lol thats some funny shit shawn

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Apr 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Do you have sliders on your new ride?
He does now......the fairings.....:(

A tip-over isn't the accident we'd worry about on a literbike, glad you made the right decision. Don't worry about it, it's happened to all of us. Take care, and be safe.

Wyck
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Ha! It took me til like the 6th page to realize this was zombie thread!

Though I'm still wondering when they started/stopped teaching the "picking up your dropped bike technique" in the MSF course cause they didn't teach that when I took it 2 years ago. :dunno:

XJ600s
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Though I'm still wondering when they started/stopped teaching the "picking up your dropped bike technique" in the MSF course cause they didn't teach that when I took it 2 years ago. :dunno:

They didn't teach it when I went through 2 years ago either. But, the instinct of a person standing over their bike laying on the ground is to reach down, grab the handlebars and lift. Depending on the strength of the person, this usually results in more scratched up plastics. It is only after you lift your bike up several times (or google how to do it) do you realize how to properly lift a bike with relative ease based on your size.

Wyck
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I've been fortunate enough to have only dropped my old bike when other people were around to swoop in and pick it up for me. Hopefully I will never have to with my new baby (knock on wood) but it would be good info just in case.

Oh and back on topic congrats mofo!

thatmofo
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM
They didn't teach how to pick up a dropped bike when I took the MSF class last year. I think it just depends on the instructor.