PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Cop...

Keyser Soze
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Repost?

This ish is nuts....

http://www.wjbf.com/midatlantic/jbf/news_index.apx.-content-articles-JBF-2008-04-26-0007.html

Brat
Tue Apr 29th, 2008, 09:52 AM
yep thats use of deadly force. no no no.

tarded400
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Looks like the cop stopped in front of the bike. Dumbass didn't stop in time, or even swerve. Don't run from cops! What is the big deal here? I seriously doubt the cop was trying to hit the bike, he just wanted to force him to stop before he plowed into an innocent person's car.

ihavealegohead
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Looks to me like the bike was going to go left, and the cop turned into the bike, so the bike tried to go right, and the cop ran into him. The cop did not appear to try to stop in the road from what I can see.

I guess the point is or could be, don't try to kill someone for a traffic stop.

If you break off the pursuit there is less chance the bike/car will cause an accident.

Bikes can't out run a helicopter.

Clovis
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
The guy shouldn't have ran - no fault in the cop.

tarded400
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
when the guilty start infringing on the innocent's rights (to live in this case) they forfeit their rights in my opinion.

The GECCO
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I don't see a problem. As far as I'm concerned once you run all bets are off and the police have every right to do whatever it takes to stop you before you wipe out a family of innocent people on their way to Dairy Queen.

The GECCO
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Bikes can't out run a helicopter.

Very few jurisdictions can afford helicopters.

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Very few jurisdictions can afford helicopters.
Except CSPD, because their increased traffic enforcement has brought them a revenue windfall.....:banghead:

flytarget
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I don't see a problem. As far as I'm concerned once you run all bets are off and the police have every right to do whatever it takes to stop you before you wipe out a family of innocent people on their way to Dairy Queen.

In a vehicle I would agree, but the threat from a sport bike vs. a car is quite minimal to the car and its passengers.

tarded400
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM
In a vehicle I would agree, but the threat from a sport bike vs. a car is quite minimal to the car and its passengers.

You sure about that?
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/redhotz28/motorcycle_car_crash.jpg

flytarget
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 11:45 PM
There are of course exceptions, but I would think those are not too common. But whatever way you look at it if police go cutting off or trying to block motorcycles chances are there will be at least one injury, that of the motorcyclist. He may of been in the complete wrong but thats still not justification for the high possibility of serious bodily harm to him.

tarded400
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 11:47 PM
any chance is too large for an innocent person. I agree there will be injuries to the motorcyclist. The way I see it, THEY made that decision when they decided to run. They knew the risk and took it.

flytarget
Wed Apr 30th, 2008, 11:53 PM
He did take the risks but blocking or ramming a motorcycle is alot different then blocking or ramming a car. The risks of injuring a vehicle occupant is far less then the almost guaranteed injury to a motorcycle. I dont think its worth it to ram some dumb young kid that thought he could run and risk killing him simply because he thought he could run. I agree with the no-chase rules in regard to a simple traffic violation. Were it to be a known felon, or had just commited a felony then by all means chase and do whats necessary. But for a simple traffic violation? Not worth it. During the chase, many many more people are put at risk than just the motorcyclist running... everyone on the road during that chase is also put at risk.

wulf
Thu May 1st, 2008, 12:26 AM
This video, and about 20 others are under federal investigation.

They never said why he was running. murderer? hell yeah, ram him. for pulling a wheelie or some traffic violation, totally uncalled for.

Canuck
Thu May 1st, 2008, 06:32 AM
Nice. Right next to a Waffle House :up:

Dietrich_R1
Sun May 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
WTF....

IF he would have gotten hurt, I'm sure the posts on here would have been completely different!!!!!

That was BS!!!!!

tarded400
Sun May 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Not mine... the chase was his fault in the first place. No one takes responsibility for their actions anymore. You screw up, YOU pay. Don't expect the cops to let you go just because they may hurt you.

t_jolt
Mon May 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
There are of course exceptions, but I would think those are not too common. But whatever way you look at it if police go cutting off or trying to block motorcycles chances are there will be at least one injury, that of the motorcyclist. He may of been in the complete wrong but thats still not justification for the high possibility of serious bodily harm to him.

He knew the chances he took when he ran. When you make a choice you have deal with the reverberations of your actions. If you broke the law, you lose your rights. Sorry, but i fully agree with

any chance is too large for an innocent person. I agree there will be injuries to the motorcyclist. The way I see it, THEY made that decision when they decided to run. They knew the risk and took it.

If you dont want the motorcyclist to get hurt. Go tell them not to run from the cops. But, I think they've been told that many times over already. But, hey I also support the arizona sheriff. :)

flytarget
Mon May 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I totally agree with people taking responsibility for their actions. However what using a police car as a blocking/ramming tool against a motorcyclist amounts to is deadly force. With someone simply running that is simply too extreme to justify. Other wise you could take the next step and say deadly force could be justified in simply speeding (take responsiblity for your actions, right?) Or over due parking tickets... or jay walking. May be pushing all that a little bit but thats what ramming a motorcyclist amounts to if he is simply running and there are no other known offenses.

BeoBe
Fri May 9th, 2008, 12:38 AM
bet he will think twice next time he runs for SC highway patrol on a bike lol... no sympathy for idiots