PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia RSV 1000

r6srider
Thu May 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
Hello I was wondering about and Italian sport bike made by Aprilia. Does anyone own one here? I am looking at the Aprilia 1000 Rsv. I’m not buying one yet I am buying the Yamaha FZ6 I am a beginner at bikes and that one is best for me. They look and feel nice I sat on them. This is just a question I want to ask if anyone has any input feel free to post if not then have a nice day.

slayermd
Thu May 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Well, if you get it down the road, you are going to love the V-Twin!

Otherwise I have nothing else to say about it.

RCStylin'
Thu May 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Italians look nice and are made for speed, but they break down more than japanese bikes. I am speaking from experience, not from my ass.

UglyDogRacing
Fri May 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Italians look nice and are made for speed, but they break down more than japanese bikes. I am speaking from experience, not from my ass.

Actually the Aprilia's rotax motor is very reliable. I have a 2001 Mille R and I have never had any issues except some minor electrical nuances.

chad23
Fri May 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
I have the 01 falco and the rotax motor is as strong a motor and reliable than anything else I've been around. And the v-twin is a blast to ride. Always better to have 2 big ones than 4 little one.
Had to do it :)

rforsythe
Fri May 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Rotax engines are solid. Don't lump all Italian bikes together (or even all the bikes in a brand) - same goes with Japanese, American, etc.

sprtbkbabe
Fri May 2nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
2000.5 Mille and 2007 RSVR owner

Whatchya wanna know?

Yes, they're great and yes, you have to maintain them like any bike:chain, reg oil changes, etc, etc... Mille has 22k on it and this is considered its breaking in time :)

Oh, and don't get it as a first bike.