PDA

View Full Version : RMS at IMI

teamhypoxia
Sun May 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
So I attempted to take some pictures at the races today. Had a few that turned out alright. I need to play with some of my settings a bit.

I tried to do the thing where you capture the "speed" using a slower shutter and panning with the subject. Much harder than I figured. Maybe some of the good photogs on this forum can tell me the ideal shutter speed for this. I didn't have much luck with anything slower than 125

Player 2
Sun May 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Killboy has some great info about taking good action shots. He knows a little about the whole thing :up:
http://killboy.com/tutorial.html

SupermotoMJ
Sun May 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Cool pics.. get any more? Like number 157?

teamhypoxia
Sun May 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Well, I looked and looked and couldn't find any 157.

Then I remembered my second CF card in the bottom of the camera case...

Here ya go!

teamhypoxia
Sun May 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Killboy has some great info about taking good action shots. He knows a little about the whole thing :up:
http://killboy.com/tutorial.html

Looks like his picture hosting acct. has been suspended :dunno:

txrc51fatboy
Sun May 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
yea site not working, any more helpful hints? im trying to get upto speed on mine before the sbk races at mmp.

dillinger09
Mon May 5th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Good Jorb

SupermotoMJ
Mon May 5th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Good picture, but thats not me.. I was on the Yellow RMZ with the green seat and electrical tape numbers..

Filo
Mon May 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Well, I looked and looked and couldn't find any 157.
Then I remembered my second CF card in the bottom of the camera case...

None of #99, huh? I figure with how slow I was going it would be easy. And no taking a picture of a 9 year old kid and putting my number on it. It will make me look too fast.

eklew
Mon May 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Good picture, but thats not me.. I was on the Yellow RMZ with the green seat and electrical tape numbers..

Damn Mike, you shrunk!!! I heard that kid was on rails though.

Filo
Mon May 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Damn Mike, you shrunk!!! I heard that kid was on rails though.

Wrong kid. The one in the picture going Mikey speed is Brandon's little brother who is about 8-10 or so. The kid on rails was Brandon, who is 12.

teamhypoxia
Mon May 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Found a little sequence of you Filo.
And here's one of Bueller for good measure.
Unfortunately I don't really know most of you, so I wasn't going for specific shots, more just messing around/eperimenting with the camera.

I would, however, be willing to take a whole bunch of pictures of anyone who'd let me ride (likely crash) their motard around the track for a few laps.

Bueller
Mon May 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Nice! :)

SupermotoMJ
Mon May 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Drag that Peg Bueller!

Filo
Mon May 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hey, thanks for the pics! It is too bad you only got me on a warm-up lap. Of course, every lap is just a warm-up lap when I am riding...

Bueller
Mon May 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
New avitar!
:lol:

Do you have it hi-res? That's the best pic so far with the new backgrounds.

teamhypoxia
Mon May 5th, 2008, 09:30 PM
It's not all that (I cropped it to post it) but pm me an email address that can accept a 2mb file and I'll send it to you.