PDA

View Full Version : Harley's Suck.

fullgrownbear
Sun May 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
This isn't my actual opinion! It's just the title of the post, because... Well... That's what it's about!

Check it out.. Worth a read.

http://harleys-suck.redztread.com/whs.html

slayermd
Sun May 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Very great write up. I haven't even read it all but I agree with every point made. Awesome!

CaptGoodvibes
Sun May 4th, 2008, 07:39 PM
As a Harley owner, I agree with everything in the write-up.

I wish the "biker lifestyle" was non-existent. Then I could just enjoy my "classic" motorcycle that is real pleasure to ride. But that can never be in the current state of affairs. I have never cared about the black leather uniform or pirate image the "bad boys" put out there. Although I do have a black leather jacket. It's not the typical jacket of H-D riders.

I wave at all riders and enjoy motorcycling for the rush and experience of being in the wind. When I get back from a ride and I see all the bikes parked outside a "biker bar" down in town, I wonder what the hell they are thinking. Why get all dressed up to ride 10 miles( round trip) for a beer? Baffling.

So keep riding and don't forget that there are some of us out there that ride hard on our classic bikes even if they are antiquated, overweight, and hot. And we like riding more than posing. That reminds me. One of these days I'm going to wash my bike. But there's no time for that now. Riding mountain roads takes priority.

teamhypoxia
Sun May 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
gotta wonder where the vitriol comes from....

why such hatred for an inanimate object?
I like my Harley, and I like my Honda too.

Kinda reminds me of redneck NASCAR fans arguing Ferds and Chevys.

tarded400
Mon May 5th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I was thinking as I read about the herd mentality.. applies to sport bikes too. You know how many R6s I had to weave through to park my SV at CSU? All with shiny pretty paint jobs, fancy graphics, and 3" chicken strips on each side.

jasonpatton
Wed May 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Real riders roll rockets is my motto thats why its tatted on my whole back.