PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist add

fullgrownbear
Sun May 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/662166528.html

Don't wrry, it's not rick roll.

Just someone that's trying to now pawn off their bike because they realized that when they go over a defect in the roadway the hit their tail on their rear tire.

At least it looks that way. If you're going to lower a bike, make sure you got the clearance!

Matty
Sun May 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/662166528.html

Don't wrry, it's not rick roll.

Just someone that's trying to now pawn off their bike because they realized that when they go over a defect in the roadway the hit their tail on their rear tire.

At least it looks that way. If you're going to lower a bike, make sure you got the clearance!

hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

but the add was written by a short female, don't understand what's wrong with lowering your bike if you can't reach the ground. as well as saying it has too much power when you're no confident about your skills yet????

the author sounds like a smart girl.

XJ600s
Sun May 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM
That bike has been on CL for a month or two, I've seen her repost it several times.

I'm almost positive that the fender has a concave shape to it, so the tire is able to flex up into the tail a bit.

Slo
Sun May 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah I couldn't find anything wrong with the add either?

PhL0aTeR
Sun May 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
i lowered my bike and checked for clearances by bouncing up and down on it while riding... it didnt rub so i took it up to the mountains and my undertail was melted.... turns out more weight is exerted when you are leanin in the corners... lol

Aracheon
Sun May 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I didn't know the Ninja came in a 650.

Slo
Sun May 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I think it's a twin that started last year?

RyNo24
Sun May 4th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I think it's a twin that started last year?

Yeah, I think it started in 2006. It is the same V-twin that's used in the Versys as well

BigE
Mon May 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I think it started in 2006. It is the same V-twin that's used in the Versys as well

Nope, Vertical twin not a V in both bikes.

arcatacat
Mon May 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I didn't know the Ninja came in a 650.

<==

I haz one.

:)