PDA

View Full Version : Ignition switch

konichd
Tue May 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Anyone have any advise/experience with hooking up a rocker type switch to the ignition of a race bike? I want to sell my lockset and want to see what setups people have on their racebikes that eliminate the ignition key.

Sortarican
Tue May 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I've hotwired switches on older bikes (Pre 2000) without much effort.
As long on you don't have to circumvent any electronic theft circuitry on that model it should be easy.

rforsythe
Tue May 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Not sure on Kawasaki's. Suzuki has a resistor in there which makes it a bit more difficult, but not impossible.

konichd
Fri May 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Anybody? :dunno:

rybo
Fri May 16th, 2008, 12:37 PM
DK,

If you have a wiring diagram for the bike it's pretty easy. I just have a toggle switch on the ducati that works just fine.

I'm pretty sure you have a service manual for the stormtrooper, so just look in there for the wiring diagram. should be pretty straight forward.

pauliep
Fri May 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM
DK,

If you have a wiring diagram for the bike it's pretty easy. I just have a toggle switch on the ducati that works just fine.

I'm pretty sure you have a service manual for the stormtrooper, so just look in there for the wiring diagram. should be pretty straight forward.

Sounds to me like Scott is telling you to stop being so lazy.

while you're doing track prep, put a sticker of this little guy on there
:turtle: <-- kawi spokesmodel

Sortarican
Fri May 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM
...while you're doing track prep, put a sticker of this little guy on there:turtle: <-- kawi spokesmodel

BURN!

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news_images/20080513/P1WF.jpg

konichd
Sat May 17th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Sounds to me like Scott is telling you to stop being so lazy.

while you're doing track prep, put a sticker of this little guy on there
:turtle: <-- kawi spokesmodel

Funny, let me know when you make it through a track day without tossing your shit........

pauliep
Sat May 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, April 19th was the last track day. The weekend before that I was at the track too. When was your last track day?

jplracing
Sat May 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
DK

Don't run it through a rocker/toggle switch. Basically they go bad at the wrong times.

If you really want to do it run it through the kill switch on the throttle side clip on like ralph said