PDA

View Full Version : Fork Seals....

SupermotoMJ
Wed May 7th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I like to ride wheelies everyone now and again.. but I do not like to replace my fork seals for 10 seconds of excitment.. I was riding around picked up a second gear on my CBR and put it back down a little hard. heard a nice little complaint from my front end when I bottomed out my forks.. two days later I've got a leaker.. that makes me :( there goes another bill to get the seal replaced..:horse:

pauliep
Wed May 7th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Pick up the tools from race tech's website and start replacing them yourself. Heck you could make some money among everyone else that blows their seals too. Tools would pay for themselves easy within one season if you ask for a good price.

SupermotoMJ
Wed May 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Replacing fork seals is not an easy task. tearing apart forks suck.. its about as bad as putting them back together..

rybo
Wed May 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
It's not that bad either...do it a few times and it's pretty easy.

If you're looking for someone to do the work right, and at a reasonable price get in touch with IRDave on here or at www.fixmybike.com (http://www.fixmybike.com)

best to you!

SupermotoMJ
Wed May 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I've meet dave before out at IMI and he knows all the epic crew.

jimwallace
Wed May 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
how is your suspension set up? i drop down out of wheelstands plenty and i have never had a seal blow out. matter of fact both my bikes still have the original seals.

D Berns R6
Wed May 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
You can also go to Faster! Motosports down in Denver. Love those guys!

Clarkie
Wed May 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Mike you are lying, I have seen how gutless your CBR1000RR is and I dont think it can do wheelies :lol:

SupermotoMJ
Thu May 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Oh come on it can pull the wheel of the ground like 6 inches.
How you like me now..

Clarkie
Thu May 8th, 2008, 07:48 PM
lol @ Mike

MattTLS
Wed May 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Your oil level may be too high. If there isn't enough space for the oil when the forks are fully compressed, the oil will go out via the easiest path which is past the seal -- blowing it out in the process.

Matthew

SupermotoMJ
Thu May 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
They were an easy fix and the bikes back on the road!