PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth rider riding up to Ride some Colorado!

trig
Wed May 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Hey guys I'm Trig and will be making a trip to Thornton and Gypsum on May 18th, from Fort Worth, Texas. I will be going to Gypsum on that Wednesday, and back to Thornton to rest for my trip home on the 25th.

I ride an 06 Kawasaki ZX-6R.

I wanted to post up to the locals to see if there will be some week-day group rides going on during that week so that I can get some good twisties in after I recoupe from my ride up there.

I remember a bunch of good roads near Vail, and Gypsum, and Eagle and, and everywhere else out there in the Mtns., but I've never been up there with the bike. Most was in a car or on a snowmobile, lol.

I just want to find some twisty group rides ( I-25 and I-70 qualify as twisties to Texans, anyways, lol ), but I'm up for anything.

Let me know, see you guys in a week and a half!

Matty
Wed May 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
if i have a day or two off during week i'm in.

trig
Wed May 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Sweet, what city are you in?

Matty
Wed May 7th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Denver.

RyNo24
Wed May 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Enjoy the wonderful canyon roads. They make owning a bike that much more fun!

trig
Thu May 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Enjoy the wonderful canyon roads. They make owning a bike that much more fun!

Oh believe me, I will enjoy them. Every time I've been in Colorado I've been craving to have the bike there. Finally I get to.

It'll be fun to ride some of the roads on the bike that I rode a sled on in January.

Thanks Matty, I'll get with you before or during my trip and we'll see about doing some riding. I got another guy on another forum who may want to do Estes park on the 24th, but I'd kinda like to do it sooner than that too. A weekend (traffic) and right before my 800 mile ride home won't be too fun, lol.

Anybody out near Vail or Gypsum that will wanna do some riding up there? I'm already riding 800+ miles up there, I'll travel for some worthy roads, haha.

:yumyum:

daemon
Thu May 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
come north young man.
we have the BEST!!!

plus i have weird days off.

trig
Fri May 9th, 2008, 06:53 AM
come north young man.
we have the BEST!!!

plus i have weird days off.

Well what's north? North-er than Estes Park?

daemon
Fri May 9th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Well what's north? North-er than Estes Park?
it's the roads that are all around estes that matter.

much to see,much to learn..

young grasshopper.

let us know (northern section) when you may be around.
if i am unable to show you around...
someone else will

trig
Fri May 9th, 2008, 08:04 AM
it's the roads that are all around estes that matter.

much to see,much to learn..

young grasshopper.

let us know (northern section) when you may be around.
if i am unable to show you around...
someone else will

Well, like I said, I'l lbe staying in Thornton and the riding the Denver area on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. Sometime on the 21st I'll be riding up to Gypsum to stay there until Saturday.

If I am feeling up to it, I am already planning on taking the trip from Thornton to to Morrison, and the Morrison to El Rancho via SR74.

Anyone here done that, or interested in doing that?

trig
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Almost vacation time...I'm putting my new tires on tonight to get em scrubbed in before the trip.

I should be up there Sunday night! I will probably go up to that Motorcycle dealer/Gear dealer on Monday morning to look for some summer gear while up there...

What's that place called? "Sun" something or something, lol?

trig
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:20 AM
P.S. - If you want to do some riding or know of a group ride going on during the weekdays, let me know at:

naptothed@hotmail.com

Thanks...

mcg_916
Tue May 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
*raises hand for estes on the 24th* id be down, let me know if its going to happen and where to meet. hopefully i dont have to work that day though.

Zanos
Tue May 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Well, like I said, I'l lbe staying in Thornton and the riding the Denver area on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. Sometime on the 21st I'll be riding up to Gypsum to stay there until Saturday.

If I am feeling up to it, I am already planning on taking the trip from Thornton to to Morrison, and the Morrison to El Rancho via SR74.

Anyone here done that, or interested in doing that?

Trig.

I have the 19th, 20th, and 21st off. I am in the Denver area if you will be around here.

There are many roads in the area that are nice.

Let me know and we will get something set up. Morrison area, Black Hawk/Central City, Fairplay area, whatever. I am willing to make trip to meet you somewhere if you would like.

Cell phone in your PM box.

trig
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
*raises hand for estes on the 24th* id be down, let me know if its going to happen and where to meet. hopefully i dont have to work that day though.

I am not 100% on the Estes Park on the 24th. I really want to ride at Estes Park, but the plan is to ride home at 5am on the 25th, so I guess it'll be a last minute decision for me on how my butt is feeling after about 1000 miles of riding, and another 1000 or so to go..., lol.

Maybe if anyone wants to do it that Mon, Tue, or Wed though...

Trig.

I have the 19th, 20th, and 21st off. I am in the Denver area if you will be around here.

There are many roads in the area that are nice.

Let me know and we will get something set up. Morrison area, Black Hawk/Central City, Fairplay area, whatever. I am willing to make trip to meet you somewhere if you would like.

Cell phone in your PM box.

Thanks, bro. I'll ride anywhere in the state if it's worth the ride. Lookin forward to riding with those who PM'd me or posted here.

Also, if it means anything to ya'll, I will be staying at I-25 and 136th those three days.

Jason ON
Tue May 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Almost vacation time...I'm putting my new tires on tonight to get em scrubbed in before the trip.

I should be up there Sunday night! I will probably go up to that Motorcycle dealer/Gear dealer on Monday morning to look for some summer gear while up there...

What's that place called? "Sun" something or something, lol?

SUN is about 3 blocks from my office and sucks balls (not in a good way). Monday my bike with be at TFOG, but after that let me know and while I can't take a lot of time off, we can grab a lunch or something.

riverock
Tue May 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
might want to bring your skis too, mountains just got a pretty good snowstorm.

trig
Fri May 16th, 2008, 08:51 AM
might want to bring your skis too, mountains just got a pretty good snowstorm.

Maybe I'll bring my Rainsuit and my Snowmobiling gear!

I'm slowly getting packed and ready to go. Test ride tomorrow with all the luggage on...

If you see this bike with TX tag, thats me!

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8337&d=1210890758

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8338&d=1210890764

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8339&d=1210890774

trig
Sun May 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM
well i made it! Whos ready to ride?

i saw lots of guys out today on the way from Co springs to denver...

Warren
Mon May 19th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I am pretty sure I ran into you today. I am the guy on the blue fz1.