PDA

View Full Version : 500 Error on member profiles

Ricky
Wed May 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I can see the board was upgraded to 3.7.0. Now the member profile pages don't work. Returns 500 Error.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=3215

rforsythe
Wed May 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, not sure why. I get it too. Obviously something didn't go as planned. I'll try to research it a bit later this evening and see if other people have had similar experiences out there.

Ricky
Wed May 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Honestly, let me know if I can help you out with this. We did the upgrade on our site the day it was released so I've been through some of the issues already.

One problem I noticed right away is the mysql user used didn't have a specific locking permission that it needed, but that caused the whole site to stop working shortly after the upgrade. The only way I was able to figure it out was by running the index.php script at a command line so that I could see the output that wasn't making it to the browser because the board now seems to set pre-configured errors in the http header to return a 500 error when there's any database error, without giving the official error output to someone who really shouldn't see it. I think that turning the board off turns off sending the headers. At least, that was my experience...

rforsythe
Wed May 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hmm, interesting. I'll let ya know. I'm going to turn on PHP errors and see what sort of nasties show up...

rforsythe
Wed May 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Solved. Links and Downloads manager (plugin) was throwing an error. I have the latest version of it, so I will have to wait until they release one that doesn't suck and re-enable it then.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed May 7th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Solved. Links and Downloads manager (plugin) was throwing an error. I have the latest version of it, so I will have to wait until they release one that doesn't suck and re-enable it then.

O.k. Now I know you're not an imposter. You is the real Ralph!

:)

Kim-n-Dean
Wed May 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Looks like there's some new features. I noticed when ya look at someone's profile, some show a number of how many looked at the profile and others list the people's screen names. I looked for a setting in my, well, settings and didn't see anything.

What controls that?

rforsythe
Wed May 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure. :)

There are a lot of new features I haven't had time to play with. Mostly I've just been trying to get it updated and working 100%, and try some of our new admin/mod toys.

Ricky
Thu May 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
There's a TON of new stuff, like:

Thread tagging
Thread prefixes
Reciprocal friendships between users
Public visitor messaging on profile pages with 'conversation' feature
User picture galleries with user comment facility
User-created social groups with invite only and moderated membership options
Extended member profile pages
Customizable member profile pages with admin-controlled styling abilities
Inline editing of custom user profile fields
Lightbox viewer for attached images
User change history
Social bookmarking integration

So much more cool stuff on the admin side too.