PDA

View Full Version : Good Motorcycle Trafffic?

Jadam
Fri May 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
What canyon road gets the most volume for sunday canyon cruisers. Bikes and Cars? Once or twice this summer I'd like to just go up and find a couple cool angles to shoot from on a heavily joy ridden road and just take photos all morning and afternoon of people racing through.

Aracheon
Fri May 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
"Racing through."

If the cops see you taking pictures, and there are riders hauling ass, they're going to immediately connect the dots and assume you're with them. Since you'll have in your hands tangible evidence of people committing traffic offenses, I wouldn't be surprised if your camera got confiscated.

Just something to think about.

Slo
Fri May 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Maybe Deckers, golden gate, or *ahem* central city parkway?

Slo
Fri May 9th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Not good scenery but some of us will be at IMI tomorrow if you want to come by....

MetaLord 9
Fri May 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM
ladies & gentlemen, the next Killboy

rapparee
Fri May 9th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Since you'll have in your hands tangible evidence of people committing traffic offenses, I wouldn't be surprised if your camera got confiscated.

Just something to think about.
SO unlikley its not worth thinking about, if somthing comes up they will ask for contact info so that prints can be obtained.

McVaaahhh
Fri May 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Deer Creek
Golden Gate
Bear Creek
Shadow Mountain
Squaw Pass

:music: These are a few of my favorite things...

I can't see a still photograph being evidence to speed. I've looked at many killboy pictures and couldn't tell you how fast they were going.

A wheelie or crossing the dbl yellow or something maybe. Seriously doubt a cop would even bother though...

Aracheon
Fri May 9th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Deer Creek
Golden Gate
Bear Creek
Shadow Mountain
Squaw Pass

:music: These are a few of my favorite things...

I can't see a still photograph being evidence to speed. I've looked at many killboy pictures and couldn't tell you how fast they were going.

A wheelie or crossing the dbl yellow or something maybe. Seriously doubt a cop would even bother though...

At the rate that cops are going these days, don't rule it out as an impossibility.

fullgrownbear
Fri May 9th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. You guys are taking this way out of proportion.

First of all, taking photographs of traffic from a dirt pullout (even if it is a speeding or reckless motorcycle) is your right.

Second of all, a cop or deputy is not going to give you a second GLANCE. Do you now how many photographers there are in the canyons on a daily basis? Tons. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen what I thought to be an abandoned vehicle, only to find out there is someone taking photos 100 yards away. You can take a photograph of anything you want to. There is no way a police officer or deputy is going to get his hands on your camera, or even try, unless it's something serious.

Even if you took pictures of a shooting in progress, or a fatal accident, they can't take your camera from you. If you refuse, they have to get a search warrant stating the specifics, and the reasons they want your camera.

Besides, the guys you'll be taking pictures of, You don't even know them! There's your answer.

Officer: I see you have a camera, are you taking pictures of these hooligans?

Photographer (sitting off side of road on bike taking pictures): Yes I am Officer.

Officer: Do you know any of these folks?

Photographer: Absolutely not officer!

Officer: Have a nice day! (While making a mental note to himself that you're obviously lying to him, and realizing that he can't do shit about it!)

Take all the pictures you want.

Jadam
Sat May 10th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Actually a friend of mine just got back from the dragon and was telling me about the killboys site and how the guy just sits out there all the time taking photos. Thought it looked like a fun idea, so I figured I'd give it a swing.

66stang21
Mon May 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Don't forget about Boulder Canyon.