PDA

View Full Version : who put the voodoo curse on me? Nice little high-side today

Slo
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Alright, even the damn voodoo curse isn't stopping me now. First it was a battle getting days off and swapping days at work to make the Hastings race.... Then it's the financial side of getting race ready..... Then, get certified and getting the MRA license, still determined though. Then it was a set back with my tires for the car, still can't stop me. What's next, more $$$ for a tint ticket, no problem. Now???

Just highsided my bike at friggin IMI......ON A WARM UP LAP!!!!! No broken bones, just bumps and bruises, broken windscreen, peg, shifter peg bracket, nice chunk taken out of my helmet, right on the forehead, slight, very slight rash on the leathers, and a funny memory of thinking "OH FUCK ME".....

Joe from Rebellion Motorsports will be looking into replacement parts for me on Monday, already ordered the stupid windscreen. Dirk will be loaning me a helmet if I can't find a good deal on a cheapie.

Am I about to call it quits? F*ck no!!!!! Hahaha, now I want to get out there more than ever.

D Berns R6
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM
That sucks dude! Hope your alright! See you at Hastings!

Dingle

crunch
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'm glad you are without broken bones anyway. hope repairs aren't too ex$pensive.
Is "nice little highside" an oxymoron? I believe it is.

fullgrownbear
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Glad you're Ok Slo. What happened anyhow? Did anyone catch it on camera?

I got an extra helmet also, if you crash dirk's. ;)

Sully
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Damn Jay ! Glad you're ok ! Are you sure you didn't bump your head :crazy: because you still have a crazy urge to race :p

teamhypoxia
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Damn Jay!
I was gonna head over there today but it seemed a little cold and windy for my taste. Thought tomorrow would be better.

Maybe you're just getting all your bad luck out of the way before the race

Suki
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:26 PM
wowza, glad that you walked away from it and are okay.

hmmm... luck should be changing annnnnny minute, time to buy that lotto ticket!

Slo
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I always do 4 warm up laps there...... Came out of turn 2 (to the left) on the first lap and did a quick shake for any rocks/pebbles on the tires and some friggin person must have been pokin at the lil asian doll with pins and sh*t, while kicking a little suzuki toy motorcycle and wala, there I go flying.

Seriously, rear tire broke loose, went real wide, caught, and I was airborne. body turned to the right (left side hit) and face right dead square into the asphault.

But hey.....at least I can say I was looking into the fall????

No video on that one, my camcorder was screwed up all day and no one else was even ready, I was the first one out on that session.

Thanks everyone, yeah, hopefully nothing else can go wrong before the race, but damn, I still have two more weeks to go!!!!! I feel like the friggin road runner, oops, the wolf/coyote thingymajig that keeps getting the sh*t end.

MetaLord 9
Sat May 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
damn, glad you're alright man! Take your rabbit's foot for your next race & send the voodoo lady pack'n!

firefghtr
Sat May 10th, 2008, 05:03 PM
damn bro save those fantastic crashes for when i have the camera out there and in a real race. glad your good though. i also have an extra lid if needed bro. let me know if you need anything. we could always have a garage night before i leave on my cruise to get your bike ready again for the race

ZX Rider
Sat May 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Damn it Jay.
You have to stop getting in trouble like that.
I'm sure once you start racing everything will be just fine.
Good luck buddy.

Slo
Sat May 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks Sebastian, you should come visit Hastings with us. Garrett, luckily, I've already had 4 helmets offered to me for Hastings but definitely appreciate it. Will be taking the bike to Dirks soon to throw on the engine casings, number plates (Monday my # should be confirmed), safety wire, fluid change, and obviously my repairs.

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Damn Jay..... when it rains it pours... let me know if you need anything.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat May 10th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Jay-

Glad you're o.k. Give 'em hell in Hastings!

cromer611
Sat May 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
damn jay! i was gonna call you tonight and see if ya wanted to go to the practice tomorrow down in pueblo : (

Slo
Sat May 10th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Damn Jay..... when it rains it pours... let me know if you need anything.

Thanks man, really appreciate it....

Jay-

Glad you're o.k. Give 'em hell in Hastings!

Yeah, hopefully this pain goes away from my elbow to my three fingers and also on my hip, probably a couple days of bruising hopefully. Either way, I have gone through too much sh*t to give up hastings now.

damn jay! i was gonna call you tonight and see if ya wanted to go to the practice tomorrow down in pueblo : (

Whats going on Eric, yeah, unfortunately I wouldn't have been able to make it down there anyways. Have fun and be safe down there.

dirkterrell
Sat May 10th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Next time, take the damn tire warmers out there. :) Glad you're no worse off than bumps and bruises. This RF-1000 is yours to use. I hardly ever use it anymore.

Dirk

pilot
Sun May 11th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Glad you are OK. Good hunting on the parts and helmet.

mastap07
Sun May 11th, 2008, 11:15 AM
glad to hear everything came out ok but you gotta keep the rubber side down! i hope that lil money helps yout out for the rest of the races.

green_zx7r
Sun May 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Jay,

Glad you are ok. Hope you heal up in time for the race. Good luck sir.

Yusuke

Bueller
Sun May 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Sux Jay, shit happens though lol

lovinCO
Sun May 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the get off, glad you're ok Jay! Dang, and I thought we saw you riding on Deckers today too.

Devaclis
Sun May 11th, 2008, 08:03 PM
That sux Jay. Good to hear you are OK. Shit will get better man. Bad things happen in 3's so you are all set :)

Slo
Sun May 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks again everyone, actually I thought I would wake up even more sore this morning but it wasn't as bad. Yesterday had a hard time getting in and out of the car but today, was still sore but once sitting on the bike, felt alright, just couldn't move around as much. I guess riding is the cure for many things.

Sorry to hear about the get off, glad you're ok Jay! Dang, and I thought we saw you riding on Deckers today too.
Went on a ride late in the day to nederlands, p2p and down highway 7. Just an easy slow ride......

dm_gsxr
Mon May 12th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Damn Jay, sorry to hear that. Maybe it is just siphoning off the bad luck before you hit the track for real. And add me to the "I was considering going out" crowd. I got pulled into house work moving furniture from upstairs to downstairs and downstairs to upstairs.

Good luck.

Carl

All-Labout-me
Mon May 12th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Jay,
Sorry to hear about your high side sir.
You're batting a thousand. Got to turn around soon....Right??
Let me know if you need help with anything. Trailer and transponder are ready when you are. Hope it all goes well for you in Hastings.
I'll be pulling for you guys.
Talk to you soon.
-Doug

Spicee Brown
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Damn JAY! You too?
Read my other thread about my hiside at Pueblo? Warm up, am practice, tire warmers, check..just gave it too much throttle in my normal area and BOOM!
on my back, tumbling.
Turn 2 , right side of my bike gone. Got a nice perspective of turn 2 from the gravel(and a nice ride back on the crash truck). Corner workers were awesome. Couldnt race the endurance. Threw the Shoei away. New excuse for leathers, huh?
are you sore as fuck today or what? Even my abs hurt ( maybe from laughing..I got my first crash in 10 years outta the way).
Call or stop in !
Dave, Colorado Powersports

Slo
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I definitely need to stop in and talk with you.... haha

Yeah I'm pretty sore but still getting around, neck is stiff since I hit fore-head first into the asphault. Hip has a nice foot long bruise now, hell, looks more like a severe burn or something.

You gonna make it to Hastings?

dirkterrell
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sore but still getting around, neck is stiff since I hit fore-head first into the asphault. Hip has a nice foot long bruise now, hell, looks more like a severe burn or something.

Since the broken collarbone was the star of my get-off, I didn't mention that I had a bruise on the outside of my left leg from my hip to my knee. Pretty nasty looking at peak color. :)

Dirk

Slo
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM
And I'm b*tching about the pain from standing up with my little bruise. Dirk you really know how to make me feel like a manly man hahahahaha....

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue May 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM
And I'm b*tching about the pain from standing up with my little bruise. Dirk you really know how to make me feel like a manly man hahahahaha....

Dirk isn't your typical astrophysicist...he's a tough son-of-a-gun. Right after it happened, it looked like he was just chilling, waiting for the next race to start.

CBRSue
Tue May 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hey, Jay,

Sorry to hear of the string of not-so-pleasant happenings... and if all those obstacles aren't stoppin' ya, then it's a sure sign that you will be kickin' some serious ass this racing season! :)

cjmagnuss
Tue May 13th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hey Slo, I hear you buddy. I high-sided at Pueblo on Sunday coming out of turn 7. My entire upper back is one gigantic bruise. And i have a mid-back bruise matching the pattern of my back protector. haha. very slow moving. hope to be back out on the memorial day track day.

Suprisingly, and luckily, my bike only suffered cosmetic damage. go frame sliders, bar end sliders and honda body work grinding down and not shattering into millions of pieces! So she's got some battle scars, fuck it!

Bad part is, hit my head so i gotta buy a new helmet and ripped a hole in my boots, gotta buy new boots.

I feel for you slo. Good luck at hastings! wish i could afford to race this year.

Slo
Wed May 14th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Hey, Jay,

Sorry to hear of the string of not-so-pleasant happenings... and if all those obstacles aren't stoppin' ya, then it's a sure sign that you will be kickin' some serious ass this racing season! :)

Haha or the track will seriously kick my ass......

Hey Slo, I hear you buddy. I high-sided at Pueblo on Sunday coming out of turn 7. My entire upper back is one gigantic bruise. And i have a mid-back bruise matching the pattern of my back protector. haha. very slow moving. hope to be back out on the memorial day track day.

Suprisingly, and luckily, my bike only suffered cosmetic damage. go frame sliders, bar end sliders and honda body work grinding down and not shattering into millions of pieces! So she's got some battle scars, fuck it!

Bad part is, hit my head so i gotta buy a new helmet and ripped a hole in my boots, gotta buy new boots.

I feel for you slo. Good luck at hastings! wish i could afford to race this year.

Damn, so it sounds like I got the light end..... Yeah I hear you on the helmet part, luckily someone I know is donating me a helmet or else I would be on more of a noodle diet. Thanks...