PDA

View Full Version : Pod filter mod.

HIX
Fri May 16th, 2003, 01:41 PM
I am having a hell of a time w/ the carb to airbox boots. They have shrunk nad are useless. I have taped up the gap, nut I am looking for a permanent solution b/c it allows the rear of the carb to sag and leak gas out the rear of the carb. I am thinking about doing a pod filter mod and a making a support to hold the carbs at the right angle cause they want 45 bux a piece for the four boots. Has anyone done this? Can I get by w/out jetting the carbs? I am planning to rout th new filters into the Air box so I would think that the stock restriction shold still be there.

Do you think the float level is too high? It only leaks out when the carbs are at a slight delcine in the rear.

Help?

BladeRider
Sat May 17th, 2003, 09:04 AM
What kind of bike is this? I would think the intake manifolds should hold the carbs without rear support. The leaking sounds suspicious as well. I wonder if it leaks when you accelerate.

Tom

HIX
Sun May 18th, 2003, 06:20 AM
It was leaking when at a stop with either the bike idleing or w/ it shut off, but with the fuel flow valeve pressed open. I was having some serious loss of power at low RPMs and a slight loos at high. I got it fixed , but it was a PITA. First tghing I did was take it all apart. Then I took the carb boots and boiled them in water for a few hours. After that I pipe clamped them to the carbs then wrestled them into the airbox. I then reassembled the bike andmade a support to hold the airbox up tight to the top of the frame as opposed to resting in the bottom portion. It runs great now! Scary fast at full throttle and good power off Idle. Next up?

Chain and sprockets along with fork seals.