PDA

View Full Version : Iron Butt SaddleSore 1000/ Bun Burner 1500

BlueDog
Sun May 11th, 2008, 12:34 AM
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=1

Planning on doing this maybe the first or second weekend of June if anyone is interested in tagging along. Plan so far is to leave Denver early Saturday morning, either the 7th or the 14th, between 6 and 7. We will then ride to Las Vegas, and from there to Albuqurque, New Mexico. That will take care of the 1000 in 24 requirement. Rest there for a few hours and then head out from there back to Denver completing the whole journey in under 36 hours and meeting the 1500 or more in less than 36 requirement.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&rls=en&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=Denver,+CO,+USA&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

It will pretty much be all highway but should be fairly scenic and fun in alot of parts. Never really undertaken something like this but I think it will be a great experience and if anyone else wants to come along for the ride and the IBA Certifications it would be great to have another person to ride with.

Nick_Ninja
Sun May 11th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Been there

done that.

Have fun.

pilot
Sun May 11th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Good luck with you brass-ass run. A few of us will be hitting one up around the 20th of June. CO, WY, SD, NE, KS and Back to CO.

BlueDog
Sun May 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Good luck with you brass-ass run. A few of us will be hitting one up around the 20th of June. CO, WY, SD, NE, KS and Back to CO.

What are you shooting for with that one? Or is it going to be just a long ride for the hell of it.

towneh
Sun May 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Whenever you do one of these events, you learn something about yourself...

It was my intent to run one of their extreme events before the end of June but now I'm working on buying a residence instead....
the best laid plans.... :turtle:
bus_henry

VailCBRider
Tue May 13th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Ouch! That has gotta hurt! lol Have fun!

salsashark
Tue May 13th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Sounds like fun... and exactly what I need.

Although I think I'll be heading in a different direction. I was pondering heading up to Devil's Tower... never been there before.

BlueDog
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm open to suggestions on the route... Whereabouts is that?

salsashark
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Here's a 1000 mile route. I can't decide whether or not I want to reverse the route in order to stay out of the mountains at night...

BlueDog
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Thats probably a good idea to reverse it. The way mine would run you would be going through the mountains in the morning. So when would you be thinking about going? And how is the seat on the triumph?

dm_gsxr
Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM
You might also try the Colorado Freewheelers. They do an IronButt ride every year. I've been to the past three and they were pretty good routes.

Carl

salsashark
Tue May 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Thats probably a good idea to reverse it. The way mine would run you would be going through the mountains in the morning. So when would you be thinking about going? And how is the seat on the triumph?

Probably one of the first few weekends in June... the 14th is looking real good...

I don't want to hijack your thread, but if you want to go... pm me or somthing.

http://jimmythesaint.com/banner/ss_1000west.jpg

BlueDog
Tue May 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Sounds good, and I think the 14th is probably when I will be going as well... I will let you know sometime soon, need to pick up a sargent seat for the hawk.

Dysco
Tue May 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Been there

done that.

Have fun.

:lol:

pilot
Wed May 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
What are you shooting for with that one? Or is it going to be just a long ride for the hell of it.I've been doing the "long ride" thing for the past two weeks (and still am). The IBA run in June will be for the 1000 in 24 pin. Hey, it's baby steps, but what the heck. We'll be starting and ending on the capital steps.

co750
Wed May 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
If Im off work that weekend I might be interested in tagging along. I'm riding to Indy in Sept. so I have been trying to build up my ass endurance this summer.

Rednarb
Wed May 28th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I rode for an hour and 15 minutes without a break on Sunday and I nearly died from it! I can't even imagine doing 1000 miles!!! Damn clip-ons and stock seat! *grumble*

salsashark
Wed May 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
If Im off work that weekend I might be interested in tagging along. I'm riding to Indy in Sept. so I have been trying to build up my ass endurance this summer.

The latest plan is that we're making the Devil's Tower run on 6/21. Leaving Denver around 6am.

We don't have any set routes or times as of today.

PharmerKyle
Wed May 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM
The 500's still not roadworthy. Out!