PDA

View Full Version : possible stolen bike?

counterfit zx10r
Fri May 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
at my apartment complex in Lakewood, some guy just walked up to my garage as I'm working on my bike and asked if I wanted to buy a parts bike for 50 bucks, had no intention on buying it but figured it'd take a look, it looked like maybe a late 90's KTM dirt bike, around a 250-300 and looked like it had yellow bodywork. The motor was gone and had a set of pretty banged up red handelbars, maybe a set of old T2 bars. If anyone is missing a KTM, let me know and i'll try to find out more.

ihavealegohead
Sat May 17th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Call your local cop shop and ask if a KTM has gone missing in the last 2 months.

Lakewood police, non emerg number-->(303) 987-7111

jasonpatton
Tue May 20th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I agree call the cops.I just went last week to buy an r6 for a track bike.when i got to dudes house and started asking questions about the bike story got to fishy so i left with out the bike and gave the cops a call.Dont know what came about but i am sure it was stolen after talking to the guy.Too many new bike parts in his garage with no frames in sight

Bueller
Tue May 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Old bike without a motor, sounds like a POS that might not even be worth the $50 he was asking.