PDA

View Full Version : Which tire to get?

jhlindell
Sat May 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I'm trying to decide between a set of Continental Road Attacks and a set of Metzler Z6s for my '06 VFR. I don't commute. My favorite thing to do on the bike is canyon riding.

Any opinions on which set to get?

Dirty Bones
Sat May 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I just went with Pilot Powers on my 07 VFR, and am VERY pleased ($365 for the pair plus install, $475 for the pair installed at Interstate Honda in Fort Collins, I couldn't say no to that price), I was looking at the pirelli diablos also :)

rybo
Sat May 17th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I've never had road attacks, so I can't speak wisely about them, but can say that the z6 is one of the most impressive tires I've owned. Great feel, good grip, good wet weather performance and long life.

s

asp_125
Sat May 17th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I have Road Attacks after reading about them on Canyonchasers.net, and talking with the guy who wrote the article. Good turn initiation, and confidence inspiring grip. Talked to one of the techs at Rocky Mtn Kawi who also ran a set; I run them a couple psi higher than the recommended pressures, they seem to wear more evenly or so they say. If you're not commuting why not the softer Sport Attacks?

Kristian
Sat May 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Most sport touring tires can handle just about everything you'll do on the street and provide better mileage. Conti's, Metzlers, Pirelli, go with the best deal you can get at TFOG.