PDA

View Full Version : R2SL back at Miller - July 3-6!!

rforsythe
Sun May 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
The formal press release will be sent out in a day or so, but we're excited to announce Racing 2 Save Lives at Miller Motorsports Park, July 3-6! Since 2004 we've put on these track events to raise money for children's charities, and this will be our third time at the amazing MMP facility.

We'll be running the whole facility for most of the event, and that will include our free rider instruction - new and experienced riders are welcome! We're even planning some Friday-evening festivities on the fourth, complete with a front row seat for the Tooele fireworks show.

If you've never been to an R2SL event, you need to come check it out! If you're an R2SL veteran, this event promises to be bigger and better than any to date, with the great summer weather and holiday weekend.

We'll have some more news, surprises, and goodies in the coming weeks. In the meantime, plan on taking a little drive out to Tooele, UT (just west of Salt Lake City) for a great four days of riding, fun, and most importantly to raise a bunch of money for children in need!

rforsythe
Sun May 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
BTW online pre-registration will be available May 24th. :)

500rgurl
Mon May 19th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Wahooooo!!! MMP here we come!!!:):):):):):):)

Player 2
Mon May 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Heck Yes! I'll be back in time to get things squared away. Might finally be able to attend my first R2SL :up: :cheers:

Bashed
Mon May 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Holy crap Batman!
I thought the whole R2SL was to
be scrapped for me this season.
Shine up the Mobile we are heading west.

Slo
Mon May 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Damn, yeah I thought it was scrapped too....very nice.

Damn, too many people got vacations that week at my work, i might not be able to make it...f*ck.

1ofTheBoys
Mon May 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Were going to Miller and I already have the time off scheduled. Jay, come on use your seniority and bump anyone that gets in your way. Hope to see you out there.

pilot
Mon May 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Damn, yeah I thought it was scrapped too....very nice.

Damn, too many people got vacations that week at my work, i might not be able to make it...f*ck.Jay, I've seen what you do for a living: You ride around IMI all day:alien: wearing out perfectly useless take-offs until they are melted chunks of carbon black and silicon, then, after your third set, go hang at Hooter's (for coffee, yah right:drink:) before you work the night shift at the blow-up doll factory...as a product tester.:hump: I can cover for you--trust me.

Ninja Nate
Mon May 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
The wife and I cannot wait!!! We are stoked and making arrangements now!

rforsythe
Mon May 19th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Holy crap Batman!
I thought the whole R2SL was to
be scrapped for me this season.
Shine up the Mobile we are heading west.

Yeah, the original June event just wasn't meant to be, but we've been working with the folks at Miller very hard since then to come up with an alternative. Getting the July 4th holiday was a surprise to me too, and this is definitely going to be a kick-ass time!

mbohn
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I am considering going and have (enclosed) trailer space for 1 extra bike if anyone is interested.

Also, does anyone know what it costs to rent garage space at Miller?

Dizzy D
Thu Jun 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
There is a chance you may have to wait until the event to get an answer to that. Miller is taking care of the garage rentals this year............Unless you wanna wait for Ralph to get back to you. That is when he gets back from Korea.

Spy007
Tue Jun 10th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Ok, anyone got any space in a trailer for another bike and possible room in their car for 2 others? :-D

My girl and I are comin out to volunteer and are lookin to share the commute!

eklew
Thu Jun 12th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Corey(sp?), I'll talk to you at the R2SL meeting tonight, I may have room for ya.