PDA

View Full Version : Ride recommendation

chadincolo
Tue May 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
My wife and I's anniversary is coming up, thinking about doing an overnight motorcycle trip. Thinking maybe head to Glenwood Springs, spend the night there, trip to the hot springs, then back the next day...Thinking maybe Independance Pass (Highway 82???) to Glenwood, any suggestions on good routes back? She rides an 85 FZ750, I'm on a 95 VFR.

Oh, and hotel recommendations?

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 20th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Stay off I-70 if at all possible. Independence Pass (CO 82) to Glenwood is spectacular. It should open up in the next week or so. The Hotel Colorado in Glenwood is right across the street from the pool. It's old and has lots-o-history associated with it. There are other hotels/motels in the near vicinity if old isn't cool enough. Have fun.

DARK ANGEL
Tue May 20th, 2008, 09:21 PM
can i come..?BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

denverbusa
Wed May 21st, 2008, 07:16 AM
What NN said :up:

In my opinion (since you asked for it) skip the hot springs it gets old quickly and on weekends it's packed with kids and greyhairs.

Do both of you a big favor and call ahead to Yampah hot springs spa and get both of you a 1 hour massage and a trip down to the vapor caves while you wait for your massage. Well worth it for the money, and if all goes to plan:makeout: you get a late start the next day :eyebrows:.

Bugkiller1
Wed May 21st, 2008, 08:17 AM
What NN said :up:

In my opinion (since you asked for it) skip the hot springs it gets old quickly and on weekends it's packed with kids and greyhairs.

Do both of you a big favor and call ahead to Yampah hot springs spa and get both of you a 1 hour massage and a trip down to the vapor caves while you wait for your massage. Well worth it for the money, and if all goes to plan:makeout: you get a late start the next day :eyebrows:.

What DB said.

You should go to Ouray for a good getaway, with word class roads too.

sprtbkbabe
Wed May 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
What DB said.

:imwithstupid: Ouray or Pagosa Springs... then hit Million dollar highway and along the way better roads than I-70

lovinCO
Wed May 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM

:imwithstupid:

We rode Hwy50 across to Ouray for 4th of July last year--it was a spectacular mini vaca. Stay at the Hot Springs Inn, outdoor hot tubs and big rooms with balconies over the river. + the roads really are amazing.