PDA

View Full Version : WoW Round one!

Grant_Me_Revenge
Tue May 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Women of the West Series Round 1

We are excited to announce that Round One of the regional series during the past weekend had a great turn out! The SMRIs Formula Femme race class was one of the larger grids of the race day!

Five Colorado Participants were able to support the Women of the West Race series and the gals of Colorado were able to place in the top three!

#1 MRA 188 Katie Stewart
#2 MRA 496 Moriah Waterland
#3 MRA 186 Sasha Taranto

Next challenge takes place in Pueblo during the June race weekend event and we will be welcoming the ladies of Formula Femme to Colorado!!! As of now we have six participants prepped to race the series! (these are just some of the ladies that I am aware of there may be MORE!!!)

Edda Tully
Davinia Chism
Shana Runk
Kimberly Prichard
Diane Spangler
Nicole Hertzler

These ladies are making arrangements to tech their machines to MRA specifications to participate in the WoW series there are also some more ladies interested who may show and we appreciate the support they will be providing the LoR series and welcome them into the MRA!

Women of the West entire series takes place

May 17/18 at SMRI Albuquerque, NM (Complete)

June 28/29 at MRA Pueblo, CO

August 9/10 at MRA Pueblo, CO

October 18/19 at SMRI Albuquerque, NM

We want to thank SMRI for holding Round One and welcoming the participants through out the weekend and hope to have an even better showing come October 2008 where the final event of the Women of the West series take place at the Sandia MotorSpeedway!

I would also like to thank all the gals and guys that came out to support from CO!!! Extremely proud of all of you in taking the time out to participate, in having a great turn out, great attitudes, which in turn made for a wonderful experience. The weekend was filled with spectacular racing weather and it was cool to share this event with the SMRI club.

Grant_Me_Revenge
Tue May 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
The race was an interesting one for sure!

Edda Tully on her ZX-10 was on Pole, with a spectacular start she got the hole shot into turn one. Kate closing in behind her was able to dice it up with Edda the entire way. Moriah soon reached the top two and it became a three-way battle for first!
One lap prior to the white flag there was an on track incident causing a waving yellow flag situation during that same time Edda was closing in on lapped traffic, SMRI officials stated she had passed the individual under the waving yellow resulting in the SMRI officials calling a penalty to the first place racer docking her a lap. After an official protest the SMRI held their decision consequently for Edda not receiving the first place finish and granting the First place finish to go to Kate Stewart.

Official results will be posted at www.smri-racing.org/ (http://www.smri-racing.org/)

dirkterrell
Tue May 20th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Go ladies!!! I hope more will be inspired to participate in the sport. There certainly are some awesome role models for newcomers out there.

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hey Sheila, congrats! Great job!:) Where ya been?

pilot
Tue May 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Most excellent congratulations to our Colorado Tour de Force! That would have been a great event to be at. I do believe some support crews from Colorado came down. Great job and sincere thanks to all who participated in this event. It looks to be a fine addition to the action at the MRA.

lovinCO
Tue May 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Way to go MRA ladies! Can't wait to watch the next Pueblo, sounds like the grid is going to be big. Cool.

konichd
Tue May 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Take note, ZX10R = LOR Domination

Filo
Tue May 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Way to go MRA ladies! Can't wait to watch the next Pueblo, sounds like the grid is going to be big. Cool.

Hey Wyeth, I think you should buy someones old race bike, dust off the leathers, and show the ladies class how it is done.

dirkterrell
Tue May 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hey Wyeth, I think you should buy someones old race bike, dust off the leathers, and show the ladies class how it is done.

I keep telling her that...

Dirk

sprtbkbabe
Tue May 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Hey, hey... the only person I allow to lap me is Donna, currently. I'd have to let Wyeth then too :banghead:

Seriously, that'd still be awesome having Wyeth out there!!!

hcr25
Tue May 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM

thought the first round was won by a 600rr?

konichd
Tue May 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
^^^Just pointing out Edda took pole any had a chance at winning, all aboard a fine Kawasaki :)

hcr25
Tue May 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM
True, she is fast and should do well ay pueblo on the big bike. I also heard Katie arrived at the track sunday moring and got little practice on a track she had never been to before.
Should be fun to watch at Pueblo!

1ofTheBoys
Tue May 20th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Sheila, congrats! Great job!:) Where ya been?

Thanks Frank! I've been racin, oh and school work and dealing with kids and working.

PrillerGrrl
Tue May 20th, 2008, 11:30 PM

I got orange paint now... it's more aerodynamic...

Oh, and Mike offered to push.

:D

PG

cromer611
Wed May 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
when is the next race for you ladies?

1ofTheBoys
Thu May 22nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Us woman are racing this weekend in Hastings but the next race for the WoW series is the weekend of June 28th & 29th in Pueblo.

Katie, you coming up to Hastings this weekend?

hcr25
Thu May 22nd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Katie is not going, she is only planning on racing the WOW. :(

CBRSue
Thu May 22nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Women of the West Series Round 1

We are excited to announce that Round One of the regional series during the past weekend had a great turn out! The SMRIs Formula Femme race class was one of the larger grids of the race day!

Five Colorado Participants were able to support the Women of the West Race series and the gals of Colorado were able to place in the top four!

#1 MRA 188 Katie Stewart
#2 MRA 496 Moriah Waterland
#3 MRA 186 Sasha Taranto
#4 MRA 333 Sheila Paul

Congratulations to all you racer gals! :) I can't wait to see you back at Pueblo, and the other racer gals, too! And, Wyeth, it would be so cool to see you race again!