PDA

View Full Version : Nekkid riders at deals gap.

FUKENEH
Wed May 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM
fukeneh on the green monster,kryptoniterat,liljon and sandmansc..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn8c2AmNJ-A

Slo
Thu May 22nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Nice video, what is that on the back of your friends bike??? Hahaha...

Rednarb
Thu May 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Wow, I think I got motion sickness watching. Some sick passes there too! So, what's the story behind "Nekkid Riders"? None of the riders were nekkid and the bikes had fairings!

DevilsTonic
Sat May 24th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Wow, I think I got motion sickness watching. Some sick passes there too! So, what's the story behind "Nekkid Riders"? None of the riders were nekkid and the bikes had fairings!
Actually that was a donkey from shrek..

#2 Nekkid riders means there is something freaky going on..

slayermd
Sat May 24th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Nice road, is it in Colorado? Why speed it up?

#1Townie
Sat May 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Nice road, is it in Colorado? Why speed it up? ummm yeah no thats not in coloado...

slayermd
Sat May 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM
ummm yeah no thats not in coloado...

Damn......

FUKENEH
Sat May 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Damn......

It's sped up I think 2% can only put 10 minute vids on you tube.

slayermd
Sat May 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
It's sped up I think 2% can only put 10 minute vids on you tube.

I hate that rule......stupid youtube.

Gramps
Sun May 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
You can't make it through the gap in 10 min.?

:)

FUKENEH
Sun May 25th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah without traffic.. I wouldn't want to be responsible for wrecking another rider..
So crowded on the weekends. It's not worth the risk of hurting somebody that may panick.

siriuschris
Sun May 25th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah without traffic.. I wouldn't want to be responsible for wrecking another rider..
So crowded on the weekends. It's not worth the risk of hurting somebody that may panick.

You mean as you were passing riders in their lane and across yellows in turns?
I might panic, too :dunno:

FUKENEH
Sun May 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
You mean as you were passing riders in their lane and across yellows in turns?
I might panic, too :dunno:

Well yes i did but they also knew i was ther wasn't like i ran up their ass and passed them on the inside.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon May 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Cool Vid! Fun to watch...

Deals Gap: My theory is that it's such a "big deal" because that's basically all they have in the south/east. Here in the west we have a lot of roads like that. In Cali, I lived .1 mile away from a 28 mile road that is almost exactly the same based on videos I've seen. In fact that road was better because there were never any 18 wheelers or cars hogging the road on a tourist run. And the cops didn't stake out the riders either. And the trees were huge! :crazy:

Slo
Mon May 26th, 2008, 10:19 PM

Deals Gap: My theory is that it's such a "big deal" because that's basically all they have in the south/east. Here in the west we have a lot of roads like that. In Cali, I lived .1 mile away from a 28 mile road that is almost exactly the same based on videos I've seen. In fact that road was better because there were never any 18 wheelers or cars hogging the road on a tourist run. And the cops didn't stake out the riders either. And the trees were huge! :crazy:

There are nice roads in CA as I used to ride Mullholland and Angeles Crest Highway every Sunday, however, Deals Gap is not the only road they have. Blue Ridge parkway is nice with many nice roads to turn off on. The spot has just grown into a tradition among many car clubs and bike people obviously.

dirkterrell
Mon May 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Deals Gap: My theory is that it's such a "big deal" because that's basically all they have in the south/east.

Ha, ha, ha. No, there are many awesome roads in the southeast. They just aren't advertised like the Gap.

Dirk

Gramps
Tue May 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM

10 min and under is a time that only the locals seem to be able to achieve. So be careful here. Scott Russell has found it hard to make a 10min. pass and if you will check his references he is quite fast.

I would be interested to see the video un-edited from the store to the overlook. That would be the proof.

Gramps
Tue May 27th, 2008, 08:05 AM

Everyone has the right to a theory. It's very hard to understand the mystique of the gap if you have never been there.

:devious:

FUKENEH
Tue May 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM
10 min and under is a time that only the locals seem to be able to achieve. So be careful here. Scott Russell has found it hard to make a 10min. pass and if you will check his references he is quite fast.

I would be interested to see the video un-edited from the store to the overlook. That would be the proof.

I have a unedited real speed video also. if you want ill post it. Same 4 guys on the same pass different bike and camera.. We ran 2 cameras on that run.

FUKENEH
Tue May 27th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Second bike and camera same run.. this is close as we could get to 10 minutes in traffic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlXtXDiwMJs

FUKENEH
Tue May 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Everyone has the right to a theory. It's very hard to understand the mystique of the gap if you have never been there.

Even without traffic I would have to run that road everyday for awhile to get it under 10 minutes. WeMay not be able to then either.We have a couple guys that can come real close. We are running m1 metz front and rear this day. some of those guys down there are just freaking fast..They also have the advantage of it being in their back yard. so yes they would be more apt to get it under 10 minutes.

Slo
Tue May 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I watched part of the second video and it didn't seem to be anything out of the norm up there. Nothing too dangerous either on the passing, seems that people were holding back when they needed to and passing when they thought it was safe enough to. Even being polite to the other riders out there.

Good video!

FUKENEH
Tue May 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Yes it's generally polite passing and cars do pull over. we still have to edit some of the video. the run probably took a little over 11 minutes.. We have the cd version made of several runs unedited. that's just the best we have for you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlXtXDiwMJs

CaptGoodvibes
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM

My point is that there are tons of roads all over the west that would spank Tail of the Dragon or at the very least match it turn for turn. Not that the Tail isn't a good road...

Slo
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
There are spots all over the country that are famous for bike and car gatherings. However Deals Gap does seem to have quite a following, I was there in 01' or 02' and had met people from all over the country.

SupermotoMJ
Tue May 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Looks like a ton of fun!

Gramps
Tue May 27th, 2008, 03:09 PM
My point is that there are tons of roads all over the west that would spank Tail of the Dragon or at the very least match it turn for turn. Not that the Tail isn't a good road...

I know what your point was. I just happen to disagree. I also have gathered that you have never been to the Dragon.

So I find it hard to understand how you can make this comment without first hand experience.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue May 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I know what your point was. I just happen to disagree. I also have gathered that you have never been to the Dragon.

So I find it hard to understand how you can make this comment without first hand experience.

Good point. I'll tell you what, I'll get myself out there sometime and then we'll revisit this conversation.

Gramps
Tue May 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Good point. I'll tell you what, I'll get myself out there sometime and then we'll revisit this conversation.

Fair enough:up:

FUKENEH
Wed May 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
It's a good road.. There are some other good roads around Ky also.. just not as technical..

Suki
Wed May 28th, 2008, 01:54 PM
oh nossssss, fukeneh is in town?!?

lol, has nothing to do with your thread but then i'd be totally out of character if it was.

Matty
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Fair enough:up:
Wow..... a peaceful conclusion... WTF is going on?!?!?!

CaptGoodvibes
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Wow..... a peaceful conclusion... WTF is going on?!?!?!

Just check my nickname. :)

#1Townie
Wed May 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
you nekkid riders are given us all a bad name...

Matty
Wed May 28th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Just check my nickname. :)
:up:

FUKENEH
Thu May 29th, 2008, 10:43 AM

AWWW man.. I just trying to be peaceful.. then you have to go there.. lol

FUKENEH
Thu May 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
oh nossssss, fukeneh is in town?!?

lol, has nothing to do with your thread but then i'd be totally out of character if it was.

Yup, Im in town.. Near you...It's called thornton.

Sortarican
Thu May 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM
What's that section of the Tennesse Skyway that's supposed to be much like The Gap but a little less traveled?

There's also some nice roads in WV up into S/W PA.
Though they don't always keep them maintained as well, being that winters are a little harder and WV doesn't have a lot of money.

LOL.....Don't listen to him FNA....Townie's a notorious Hooligan!

Thorn-town?.....my condolences man.

FUKENEH
Thu May 29th, 2008, 11:06 AM
He's givin me a hard time Sort.. Townie is good guy by me.
Thorntown? lmao is it really that bad?

Sortarican
Thu May 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
....Thorntown? lmao is it really that bad?

Think: "White Getto"

FUKENEH
Thu May 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Think: "White Getto"

Didn't know there was such a thing... lol

We are riding tonite and Iwas told for you to get off your dead ass and join us.

Sortarican
Thu May 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
We are riding tonite and Iwas told for you to get off your dead ass and join us.

Who said I ride?
I don't ride....I just post whore.:oops:

FUKENEH
Thu May 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Who said I ride?
I don't ride....I just post whore.:oops:

Well I was told you do so get out and ride today with us..

#1Townie
Thu May 29th, 2008, 08:56 PM
white ghetto??? isnt that the trailor parks????

FUKENEH
Fri May 30th, 2008, 07:53 AM
EH, Im from Ky so Thornton is uptown for me.. at least you have running water and inside plumbing here.

Suki
Fri May 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM

lol, that's my hood yo! Since '87! haha

And I lived in the same neighborhood as Leah for a couple years before we moved to Aurora. :drink:

fullgrownbear
Fri May 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Cool video up until the guy that was filming crossed the double yellow and almost did a superman off the cliff.

Good thing nobody was coming the opposite direction doing the same speed.