PDA

View Full Version : Starter Question

Matrix
Fri May 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
I have 2001 GXSR600 that has started to develop an annoying problem when trying to start it. I have to hit the starter button several times before the starter engages. The first couple of times I hit the button nothing happens. Once it does finally start to crank the bike starts fine. This should rule out the battery and the starter so is there a switch or relay that could be causing this problem?

Any advice is appreciated.

Richard
Fri May 23rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
I was having the same problem with my 99 750. it was the fuse on the starter solenoid. its either on the left side of your sub frame or under your drivers seat. When it doesn't start at first do you hear a clicking sound from your seat? as soon as you hit the start button power will be sent to your starter solenoid which will click close and send power to your starter.

Rednarb
Fri May 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Could it be a flakey kickstand or clutch sensor switch?

Richard
Fri May 23rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Could it be a flakey kickstand or clutch sensor switch?
If its not your starter solenoid then Rednarb said some good places to start looking.

Matrix
Fri May 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I was having the same problem with my 99 750. it was the fuse on the starter solenoid. its either on the left side of your sub frame or under your drivers seat. When it doesn't start at first do you hear a clicking sound from your seat? as soon as you hit the start button power will be sent to your starter solenoid which will click close and send power to your starter.

Yes I get the clicking sound. At first I thought it was a bad connection at the battery because of where it was coming from. Do you have a pic of said Solenoid?