PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Advancer opinions

Brizz
Wed Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Im getting one of these installed on my 02 R-6 an dwant to hear opinions of ppl that have them or a working knowledge of em. Mine is a +-10 version.

Anonymous
Wed Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
I put 4 degrees of advance on my superhawk. *drool* well worth it.

Anonymous
Wed Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:19 PM
I had one on my ZX-11. It was installed at the recommendation of the tuner (Bruce Sass @ Vickery). I asked him about the adjustable ones, and he said they aren't really necessary if you know what works on that particular bike. I think I had a 5 degree advance on the ZX. The adjustable ones are good, I suppose, if you (or the tuner), don't know exactly what works best on your bike. Or, maybe, if you want to try different settings to see which one you like best (using your "seat-of-the-pants" dyno :D ). Bottom line is that they do help, but not sure if I would go the adjustable route.

EliR6
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I know I'm late on this topic, but...whatever. ;)

On the R6, 4 degree advance is what you need, trust me. I've NEVER seen or heard of an R6 that used anything else. There's been tons and tons of dyno work on these bikes even with adjustable advancers, and they all end up being set to 4 deg advanced.

An ignition advancer won't give you a noticable difference in power by itself, per se, but you'll certainly notice that things just kind of feel "better". It's hard to explain exactly how it feels different, but it's a little snappier, more responsive, and the power curve FEELS flatter. That doesn't mean it is a whole lot flatter, but it's enough so you'll feel it, I'm sure.

Eli

Anonymous
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Yep. Not really a HP add-on (you might get one more HP out of it), however it will quicken up throttle response and make it really go when you want it to. Worth the cheap cost you pay for the part.

kevplus2
Wed Oct 6th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Yep. Not really a HP add-on (you might get one more HP out of it), however it will quicken up throttle response and make it really go when you want it to. Worth the cheap cost you pay for the part.

exactly what i found on my rex...quicker throttle response. well worth the few $$